Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : New AFE Top Shields now available

BMWGuy206
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 12:22:39 AM
AFE now has revised top shields in production for the E46 M3 Magnum Force Intake Kits.

If you are a customer of MPerformance and are experiencing stalling or service engine soon issues then please PM or email me with your order number. If you dont have an order number then just give me your full name.

Old intake top shields will also have to be returned. Once returned you will get a special discount code on any Supersprint Exhaust, Superchips Performance Software, or UUC item.

I was only able to get a couple of shields today but will be getting more later this week.

Customers of Lucent Motors - Please contact Simon and give him your order number, your name, and shipping address.

Picture attached is the new top shield which is upside down.

ArtM3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 12:25:14 AM
now this is the way the customer should be treated... :thumbsup:

whitee46m3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 12:41:28 AM
yes, AFE delivered as they promised, i am pleased, now i have to find Simon!

ROCKV7
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 01:05:09 AM
now this is the way the customer should be treated... :thumbsup:
I wouldn't expect anything less from Jon. He has always gone above and beyond expectations. Excellent job, Jon - keep it up.

Simon@RENNSpec
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 01:10:22 AM
Jeff.....I'll get you the new shield once I receive them from Jon :thumbsup:

TaZaM3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 01:37:37 AM
Jeff.....I'll get you the new shield once I receive them from Jon :thumbsup:

Dont forget me bro! My car jerks like it was hardcore hiccups when i punch the gas hard, only happened after the AFE installed, so i guess lets try this shield!

sy0296
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 01:57:14 AM
damn, now i wish i had the afe...good customer support simon! :thumbsup:

BMWGuy206
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:00:21 AM
NOTE: Customers from Lucent Motors - If you're local, Simon will be picking up the extra shields from me later this week, most likely Thursday/Friday, and you can pick it up from him. If your order was shipped Simon will forward me your address and I will ship them to you or other instructions will be given out.

Thank you for your patience and positive comments. It is much appreciated.

TaZaM3
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:03:11 AM
NOTE: Customers from Lucent Motors - If you're local, Simon will be picking up the extra shields from me later this week, most likely Thursday/Friday, and you can pick it up from him. If your order was shipped Simon will forward me your address and I will ship them to you or other instructions will be given out.

Thanks,Ill be at his shop bothering him Friday! :beer:

Simon@RENNSpec
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:08:06 AM

:bow: :bow:

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:13:38 AM
Dammit!!! I ust bought my AFE intake used, the guy said there are no problems at all and it only has 500 or so mile son it, will i need this?!?! :nixweiss: Dammit i should have gone through you guys, ahh well! Now for my next purchases i will, you guys are cool to be doing this, and also how can this help anything witht he intake if its just a shield?? :thumbsup:

BMWGuy206
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 04:46:54 AM
Dammit!!! I ust bought my AFE intake used, the guy said there are no problems at all and it only has 500 or so mile son it, will i need this?!?! :nixweiss: Dammit i should have gone through you guys, ahh well! Now for my next purchases i will, you guys are cool to be doing this, and also how can this help anything witht he intake if its just a shield?? :thumbsup:

There is a 50/50 chance you may not have any problems at all. If you do indeed get a Service engine soon light or stalling contact me right away.

Jon C.

bm333w
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:38:27 AM
so this new shield is supose to relate to the stalling issue ?
If so im gonna need one Simon, i've had a couple of problems but no engine light yet.

iLLG35
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:02:39 PM
There is a 50/50 chance you may not have any problems at all. If you do indeed get a Service engine soon light or stalling contact me right away.

Jon C.

Wow man, thankyou very much for even trying to help me out, that's great customer service and will be purchasing my upcoming products from you :thumbsup:

BMWGuy206
Mon, Feb-07-2005, 09:38:21 PM
New shields have arrived today.

Sorry for the delay everyone but there was a conflict with AFE and my shipping address.

I am shipping out 3 shields that M3forum members have PMed me. Simon from Lucent Motors is getting a few tonight.

Grimm333
Mon, Feb-07-2005, 10:16:09 PM
nice....better product and promo :clap:

Nixlimited
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 12:14:08 AM
Nice customer service Jon and Simon!

MattMan
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 03:14:33 AM
so this new shield is supose to relate to the stalling issue ?
If so im gonna need one Simon, i've had a couple of problems but no engine light yet.

Looks like it.. if you look at the metal piece that is there to deflect direct air contact to the filter. My concern is impact to performance.

BMWGuy206
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 06:04:55 AM
Looks like it.. if you look at the metal piece that is there to deflect direct air contact to the filter. My concern is impact to performance.

Matt-

Yes the metal piece only deflects the incoming air. Most people think it completely covers the top duct but it doesnt. This way the air is evenly distributed because before it was too much force hitting the filter causing the mixture deviation faults and stalling issues.

A customer of mines who has an 03 M3 SMGII was getting mixture deviation faults and with the new lid is not having anymore problems. He also reported no power loss with the new lid.

iLLG35
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 02:21:31 PM
Matt-

Yes the metal piece only deflects the incoming air. Most people think it completely covers the top duct but it doesnt. This way the air is evenly distributed because before it was too much force hitting the filter causing the mixture deviation faults and stalling issues.

A customer of mines who has an 03 M3 SMGII was getting mixture deviation faults and with the new lid is not having anymore problems. He also reported no power loss with the new lid.

Wow sounds good man!! I will let you know how my install goes, if i need one i can buy a fix from you?? :thumbsup:

BMWGuy206
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 04:14:25 PM
Wow sounds good man!! I will let you know how my install goes, if i need one i can buy a fix from you?? :thumbsup:

Yes. All you have to do is pay for the return shipping of the old shield.

iLLG35
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 07:12:48 PM
Yes. All you have to do is pay for the return shipping of the old shield.

Wow now that's great service, you def. have my business :thumbsup:

Grimm333
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 07:16:50 PM
See now this is a vendor...PROPS AGAIN!!! :clap: :clap: They address the issue before people get rowdy..offer compensation...offer 100% customer service...and are active in all methods of communication....I believe most vendors of aftermarket parts get a lot of their business and referals through web based forums such as these....great reviews/customer feedback can be acquired through simple posts!!! Why hide your problems when they are public and people see how a company interacts with a customer!! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

kormaster
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 08:45:41 PM
Yeah.. Jon and Simon are great guys.. they are always willing to help! major props! :thumbsup:

iLLG35
Tue, Feb-08-2005, 10:36:26 PM
Yeah.. Jon and Simon are great guys.. they are always willing to help! major props! :thumbsup:

Yup it def. seems like it! BTW those Radenergies are INSANE, i didnt like the silver until i saw them on your car, wow :thumbsup: