Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : need help with coil overs

mm28
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 12:35:24 AM
hi guys, i am looking to improve the handling of my M. I just visted my local tuner and the guy told me that a H&R coilvers cost about 1700. I thought that was pretty steep. any thought?

I heard ground control is pretty good too, how does it compare to H&R? and what price?

thanks in advance :bow:

dejablu311
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 01:43:37 AM
hows that search button workin out for ya? :wave:

mm28
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:52:05 AM
search botton? i dont know how to use it

Doctor Love
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 02:54:58 AM
Well it's very complex but I'll try to explain it.

Click search, type in "coil over" and hit enter.

sy0296
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 03:04:18 AM
:rofl2: trust us, it's been covered like ten thousand times. you'll find the answers you need.

some things to help you in your search:
- define what you want to do in your car
e.g. 100% street, 100% track, some track sessions, auto-x, etc.
- define how much adjustablility you need, probably based off of your first response
compression, rebound, height, camber, caster, (EDFC? ;))
- how much drop are you looking for?
some kits go lower than others....

pretty much if the car is going to see more a a couple of track events per year, i really think GC is the way to go...other than that, it's pretty much up to your preference as I feel any of the major brands are all pretty similar in quality and features

STALKER
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 03:09:05 AM
my advice, stay away form H&R. Rough ride. go with GC or TC kline if you want coils.

woptang22
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 03:55:16 AM
search botton? i dont know how to use it
I have always heard good things about Ground Control coilovers. Thats what Im going to get as soon as the weather gets nicer around my area. I would suggest getting the GC coilovers, sounds like they have a good product and they can be used in many ways.