Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Typhoon 69 & SHARK review...

Need4Speed05
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 08:17:15 PM
Well, this past weekend I installed the K&N Typhoon 69 intake and the SHARK injector. First I'll start with the Typhoon...

The K&N Typhoon intake is a well made piece. The installation went well - I guess it took about an hour really taking my time. I did have to bend the mounting bracket like mentioned in previous posts - not really a big deal though. The finished product looks clean in the engine compartment. As soon as I started the car up I noticed a difference. The engine sounds deeper. After a quick drive I was really happy with the new sound. Driving normal you notice a slightly deeper sound, but when your on it the sound is much more noticable. This intake makes the engine have a nice deep tone. Performance is improved and noticable. The car revs quicker and seems to have much improved throttle response.

The SHARK injector is pretty cool. I ordered it with the following option: traction control button controls sport button, 93 octane, 8100 rev limiter.
The installation went well and took about 30min. total. I used a battery charger - the instructions say its necessary! When I started the car I didnt notice a difference, but when I touched the throttle to back out of the driveway I noticed a big difference. Its way more responsive. With the sport button off the car feels like it did with the sport button on - but smoother. I have an SMG and the shifting feels smoother as well. With the traction control button on (which also controls the sport button now) the throttle response is like it was in sport before, but better. The performance is improved and the car feels faster - no doubt. The car revs quicker also.

Overall I'm happy with both mods and would recommend them to everyone.

I'm going to the track tomorrow night so I'll post some times on Thursday.

Roguish Racing
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 09:26:37 PM
Thanks for the review and I'm glad everything went well! :thumbsup:

MLINER
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 12:19:29 AM
nice review.

BattleWagon
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:11:47 PM
I would be interested in your +1 or +2 week updates as I am considering the Shark form my M3 too (have it on a 325 and like it much) but hear a lot of people say they prefer the Eurobahn or Powerchip etc. But I like the convienance of the injector and it is half the price too!

Thanks.

danielacox
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:30:27 PM
mods you did on my 04 imola red SMG m3. Give us a update in +1 +2 +4 week update. I would like to know if you start having any issues in the next several weeks. The shark sure is nice because you can reprogram if you are headed to the dealer for service. Have you had the smg update? What year is your m3?

danielacox
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:32:02 PM
I see the 05 m3 at the bottom of your sig. Sorry... I should have read your signature but you know how it is you just do not pay a lot of attention to signatures when you are using a small laptop screen.

danielacox
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 11:32:51 PM
You going to take your M3 to the dyno?