Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Cargraphic Exhaust Sound

Smoltz
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 06:53:00 PM
Come on guys! I know someone here has it, can you get me a sound clip. If not has anyone else here heard it. What are your impressions. Also, disregard the price on the unit, I think it retails for around $2k, but found one used for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Adam

Budman
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 06:57:06 PM
http://www.klangford.com has a bunch but not that one..

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:04:13 AM
Come on guys! I know someone here has it, can you get me a sound clip. If not has anyone else here heard it. What are your impressions. Also, disregard the price on the unit, I think it retails for around $2k, but found one used for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Adam
Hey man I have a cargraphic exhaust on my 02 M3. I like the sound of it. Not as loud as I wanted but it has a nice sound to it. At first I wanted an exhaust that wasnt that loud, but now that I have this one, I want something louder. But Im going to keep it because it does have a nice sound to it. How would I get a sound clip for you? I have never done it before? I havent seen many people on the forum with a cargraphic exhaust, and when I was researching it, not many people even knew about them for BMW. I guess they are popular for porche. But I like it and cant complain for the price I got it. I saw them online for like $1999. But I got mine used for like $700.

Antwerp
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:11:18 AM
Woptang. Get on that sound clip will ya! ;)

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:28:55 AM
Woptang. Get on that sound clip will ya! ;)
can I use the video recorder on my cell phone to take a clip? whats the best way?

Antwerp
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:30:14 AM
Does it capture sound too? If it does, it won't be super great, I bet.

Do you own a laptop?

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:44:44 AM
Does it capture sound too? If it does, it won't be super great, I bet.

Do you own a laptop?
No laptop, I guess I will try to use my phone it does capture sound and video, I will try to use that to see how it comes out, Im sure it wont be too great though. But i guess it will be better then nothing?

Antwerp
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 12:50:39 AM
K. HELL YES it's better than nothing! If you need hosting, PM me, K?

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 01:12:33 AM
Thanks a lot anthony , definately will do. My phone only records 10 second videos so I will see how it works out. thanks a lot. John

klangford
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 02:41:09 AM
What? I'm missing a clip? :D.....hook a brotha up!

Smoltz
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:01:53 AM
Woptang22.....

Did you have to trim the valence for it to fit.

Thanks,
Adam

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:32:22 AM
What? I'm missing a clip? :D.....hook a brotha up!
I am going to try to get a clip from my phone in the morning. I just want to get someone here so I can rev it up and they can hold the phone in the rear of the car. MY phone only takes 10 second sounds and video clips so I dont know how great it will be, but better then nothing.

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:33:51 AM
Woptang22.....

Did you have to trim the valence for it to fit.

Thanks,
Adam
Nope, no trimming at all it fit right it. Actually there is still room for bigger pipes. I was concerned with that at first too because they looked really big, but luckily it fit with no problem. I think the exhaust has a nice sound, if anyone is thinking about getting one, I would say go for it. I will get a sound clip soon.

jboat
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 04:21:20 AM
I looked at getting one when they were trying to unload them before heading to Florida, You want to get the exact same exhaust for about $500?

exhaust (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4517894167)

woptang22
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 03:29:11 PM
I looked at getting one when they were trying to unload them before heading to Florida, You want to get the exact same exhaust for about $500?

exhaust (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4517894167)
The exhaust on ebay is a totally different design then the cargraphic exhaust. The one on ebay kind of looks like gruppeM a little bit. I wonder how the one on ebay is for quality and performance? Especially for that price. I didnt see a manufacturers name though, I wonder what it is?

woptang22
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:01:02 AM
ok I got 2 clips but they really arent that good. I took them with my phone so they are kind of quiet and unclear, but better then nothing for now. But the site is not accepting wav files so I dont know how to get them on the site for everyone. Any help would be great.

woptang22
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 06:11:37 PM
anyone want to host these sound clips for me?????let me know

njabe567
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 10:19:03 PM
anyone want to host these sound clips for me?????let me know

email them to nader@coastal-apartments.com

Smoltz
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 01:34:17 AM
Woptang... Can you email these to me adamsmola@comcast.net I will host them for everyone.

Thanks,
Adam

klangford
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:46:13 AM
Send them to me at klangm3@gmail.com and I'll add them and pics to the site.

Smoltz
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 01:59:21 PM
Here they are....

http://s94420362.onlinehome.us/myexhaustclip1.wav
http://s94420362.onlinehome.us/myexhaustclip2.wav

Thanks Woptang!!!!

-Adam

woptang22
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 05:34:44 PM
Here they are....

Thanks Woptang!!!!

-Adam
Hey thanks a lot for putting them on for me. I appreciate it. At least we can add another exhaust clip to the forum. Sorry its not that clear or loud but it will do the trick. Just turn your computers up kinda loud. Well thanks again.

woptang22
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:02:21 PM
so whats everyone4s opinions on the sound of the cargraphic exhaust??

Antwerp
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 06:52:14 PM
Here they are....

Thanks Woptang!!!!

-Adam
:thumbsup:

I like the sound, from what I can here! By chance, do you have a little voice recorder or something? I'd really like to here more! :thumbsup:

woptang22
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 07:25:20 PM
:thumbsup:

I like the sound, from what I can here! By chance, do you have a little voice recorder or something? I'd really like to here more! :thumbsup:
I really dont have anything else to record on. No voice recorder or anything. But I will try to get something from one of my friends. I know the clips dont sound that great so I will try to get another recording so everyone can hear it better.

Antwerp
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 07:29:05 PM
I'd really like that! I can kind of imagine what it must sound like in better quality, but I'd rather hear the real thing! :D

woptang22
Tue, Feb-01-2005, 09:21:11 PM
Hey guys now that everyone knows I have the cargraphic exhaust, can anyone give me some opinions on x and s pipes? My cargraphic exhaust is kind of on the quiet side so I am looking to get it a bit louder if possible. I just dont understand what different x and s pipes do. Like i know the stebro section 1 and uuc rasp-x are both s pipes and they eliminate the rasp, which is cool. But as far as x pipes go, I was looking at an eisenhaus meistercraft x pipe that had no resonators. What is the difference between a x pipe with resonators and no resonators? Does the one without resonators have a louder sound? Does it have anything to do with emissions, because I live in Pa and we have to pass emissions. What are my best options to make my exhaust louder and deeper? I really dont care about rasp or no rasp. To tell you the truth, I like the rasp, and I also like how M3's sound without rasp. They are cleaner sounding without rasp IMO. But as far as rasp or no rasp, Im undecided right now. All I know is I want to have a louder and deeper exhaust sound. What are my options?

woptang22
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 03:49:14 AM
Hey guys now that everyone knows I have the cargraphic exhaust, can anyone give me some opinions on x and s pipes? My cargraphic exhaust is kind of on the quiet side so I am looking to get it a bit louder if possible. I just dont understand what different x and s pipes do. Like i know the stebro section 1 and uuc rasp-x are both s pipes and they eliminate the rasp, which is cool. But as far as x pipes go, I was looking at an eisenhaus meistercraft x pipe that had no resonators. What is the difference between a x pipe with resonators and no resonators? Does the one without resonators have a louder sound? Does it have anything to do with emissions, because I live in Pa and we have to pass emissions. What are my best options to make my exhaust louder and deeper? I really dont care about rasp or no rasp. To tell you the truth, I like the rasp, and I also like how M3's sound without rasp. They are cleaner sounding without rasp IMO. But as far as rasp or no rasp, Im undecided right now. All I know is I want to have a louder and deeper exhaust sound. What are my options?
Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Grimm333
Wed, Feb-02-2005, 03:52:59 AM
for that price.....even used...i think used eisenmann race is cheap...