Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : help me out

sindimsum
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 06:34:51 PM
GUYS, i never drove a SMG before, Imma get it soon. Can you guys tell me how to drive SMG, i dont want to test drive it..... Coz i know M3 is a really nice car....

Sirius
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 06:45:50 PM
Put it in gear, press the gas.

When I was first learning to drive them, I found it good to upshift to a higher gear if you're stopping. Smooths it out and seems to avoid the bucking issue.

You really have to get in the car and play around with it. If you're just learning; avoid the higher, more agressive tranny programs. I would stay in S1 - S3, or A1 - A3.

sindimsum
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 05:57:08 AM
what do you mean by S1-S3 A1-A3, you mean gear, or the program that it have for SMG?? I just want to know, im prob gonna pick it up this friday.... can you tell me the easiest way to drive it out, and drive back to my house, without make bad mistakes??... and the trip is prob 25miles away from my house....

M3_Dave
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 05:59:38 AM
stick in gear - press gas

to slow down...it gets tricky

ya gotta press the brake...itll take some learning but you should get it after a while

OH! dont forget the brake pedal is next to the gas

the dealer will teach you how its not brain surgery...calm down

CATSINER
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:10:29 PM
what do you mean by S1-S3 A1-A3, you mean gear, or the program that it have for SMG?? I just want to know, im prob gonna pick it up this friday.... can you tell me the easiest way to drive it out, and drive back to my house, without make bad mistakes??... and the trip is prob 25miles away from my house....

I suggest you to use "auto mode" when you drive back home this Firday. The auto mode is "similar" to regular automatic for other cars.... When you get back to your home, you can then try to use the S mode in your neighbourhood because it takes some time to get used to it IMO. I think this is safer this way.

dove
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:26:53 PM
One of the main reasons I bought my M was for the flexibility SMG provides, i.e. automatic mode in heavy traffic and manual shifting for fun. So I test drove the SMG before I bought it, which you should do. If you can drive an automatic then you can drive SMG....

Beowoulf
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 08:28:19 PM
Just read this and you will be fine. IT's not that complicated. http://www.m3smg.com/

bvnmspt
Wed, Jan-26-2005, 10:45:30 PM
Just drive as if your playing Sony PS2 Gran Turismo 3....
You'll be fine... Get a basic lesson from the Sale Rep and just take it slow...