Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : E46 Calipers

rretsof21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 03:38:26 AM
I have a 2005 m3 and i just want to change the calipers to red so it gives it that brembo look hiding behind the 19in wheels but i dont want to get a 4 grand brake kit. Does anyone know of replacement calipers i can buy, or is painting them the best way to go? :grouphug:

jacky72
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 03:42:18 AM
I have a 2005 m3 and i just want to change the calipers to red so it gives it that brembo look hiding behind the 19in wheels but i dont want to get a 4 grand brake kit. Does anyone know of replacement calipers i can buy, or is painting them the best way to go? :grouphug:

Spraying to red is definitely a no-no....looks crap and cheap skate
I would rather keep em original. Else look out for used Front Brake kit...

bimmer007
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:17:02 AM
I thought of the same thing, but figured that this isn't a honda.. i too did not want to drop a few grand on a bbk, but i'll tell ya, i've seen a member's calipers painted with the ///M logo colored in as well with the euro rotors, and it looked pretty pimp...

snook
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:23:44 AM
gotcha covered right here....here's what ya need....

ladies will love em....friends will envy.....

http://www.jspek.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13224

bimmer007
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:26:09 AM
:rofl2:

Red330I
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:35:22 AM
If you're going to paint go either silver or black. Black will hide the brake dust the best. And if you're going to paint, use a brush on kit in favor of the spray can type, not as messy and does a better job.

FB
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:47:21 PM

http://www.jspek.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13224

i think those caliper covers are the epitome of r i c e ...... :chair:

great find snook! :peace:

Irrenarzt
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:27:21 PM

Evosport will be selling a caliper only upgrade from a well known manufacturer that supplies new lines and calipers for about 1K and will come in various colors, have a wide variety of pad choices and will allow for quick pad changes. Look for this...

sy0296
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:05:00 PM
brembo has a rear caliper upgrade for a little over a grand. find a front kit used for around 1800~2000 and you now have four corner brembo for a lot less than 4 grand.

Conan4130
Thu, Jan-27-2005, 11:08:16 PM

:rofl2:
I hate that faking bull$hit. Who buys that crap.

And if you are going to paint your calipers go chat on a r!cer site. They like that stuff.

ninook
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:47:30 AM
Dude, don't pay 4k like some of these guys just to have painted calipers. C'mon, how many of you who have BBK actually use them to their potential? The stock brakes are way beyond what most of us do on the street.
Go with a G2 caliper paint kit and save about $3950.00 if you want them painted/coated.
It's your car and your money. Don't fall prey to the BBK peer pressure. It's all show, even the BBKs if you don't use them for what their made for. This includes the whole damn car!

ArtM3
Fri, Jan-28-2005, 12:58:06 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it, the oem are a crappy brownish corroded color...

paint them RIGHT, pull them off clean them up & spray paint them, thin coats and bake between coats, and they'll look good and be easy to clean...good maintenance cleaning all the pins & hardware, seals, etc., and putting them on with a little brake grease on the pad to caliper contact points...

the color I used was an engine paint, hi temp cast iron grey, a dark metallic grey, looks oem and not showy in any way....and if it chips a little, it really won't even show..