Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Brake pads inquiry

lowprofile
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:12:41 AM
Just need member's opinion what's the best brake pads out there with minimal brake dust.

RagingLamb
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:14:48 AM
I've heard that Axxis has good ones, but I'm not completely sure. I'm still running my stock ones.

Sirius
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:29:11 AM
Axxis ultimates.

jacky72
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:17:49 AM
Just need member's opinion what's the best brake pads out there with minimal brake dust.

I m using Axxis Ultimate and it's superb...Not only that, it's very cheap too
Get it from www.zeckhaussen.com

No regrets...

lowprofile
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:29:52 AM
Thanks for the reply fellas! Next question is where to get it

jacky72 - it seems like their website is currently down do you have a number.

sy0296
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 03:07:56 AM
axiss ultimates are great pads for the street. relatively dustless and quiet as well. if you don't get on your brakes all the time the axxis deluxe is an even cleaner and quieter pad. a good alternative to the ultimates are hawk hps which I'm running now.

dave @ zeckhausen.com can help you out and probably give you a half dozen more options :thumbsup:

cbformula
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:13:37 AM
How much did u guys pay for the Axiss Ultimates? Was it just for the fronts or for the rear as well?

nrubenstein
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:22:07 AM
The Axxis Deluxe Plus is only slightly worse than OEM and essentially dust free. Do not even contemplate using them on the track, but they are quite adequate for normal use.

Beowoulf
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:29:48 AM
I would either go with the axxis deluxe plus or wait for the new Hawk performance Ceramic that is about to be released. Dave should have them on sale on his site pretty soon.

flybigjet
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:38:59 AM
Porterfield R4-S. They make front/rear for the e46 M3. Work good, last long time. Way less dust than oem, better stopping feel. R.

Porterfield Low-Dust Brake Pads

The OEM brake pads on German cars work very well. But there is a trade off between efficiency and economy in production. The result is a brake pad which produces a nasty black dust that clings to wheels and makes even the cleanest car look - dirty. After you remove the dust, it returns within a day or two.

But there is a solution...low dust, high performance brake pads from Porterfield Enterprises.

Porterfield is based in Costa Mesa, California, and has been supplying complete brake systems for real race cars since 1986. Their R-4 pads are uniquely engineered to exceed the proficiency of any other racing pad. Their Kevlar Carbon pad is made from a high friction material with a .485 friction coefficient. R-4 pads are for racing.

Porterfield's R4-S high performance, low-dust brake pads are made from Carbon/Kevlar with a ceramic insulator, and are used for street, highway and limited competion use. The reduction in the amount of brake dust compared to OEM is dramatic, over 90% less, and is easily removed.

The R4-S pads provide a very high friction level even at cold temperatures. There is no "warm up" period when first starting out with cold brakes as associated with other, so-called, racing pads. This is the fastest stopping road pad available. Great for limited competition, motocrosses, driver schools and solo events.

The pads are designed not to squeal, are rotor friendly, and produce a small amount of dust that is not noticeable and can be easily removed. Porterfield R4-S require light pedal effort and provide a super high friction level through all braking temperatures, and exhibit no fade. The brake coefficient for the Porterfield R4-S pad is 0.4. The temperature limit is 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit (593.3 celsius).