Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Anyone wearing Michelin Pilot A/S tires?

BMWM3Driver
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 12:02:50 AM
Now that I got the rims all set...was wondering if anyone has run the Michelin PS A/S on their M3 or other Bimmer?

I got these because obviously it's still winter (even though I won't be driving in snow much) and I am planning on replacing with summer tires in May/June but has anyone run these for a while and how have they performed for you?

Irrenarzt
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 12:24:00 AM
They are good but wider than most others in the same size. They wear slowly as well. Decent grip in wet, very light snow, and dry as well.

snoylekim
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:35:54 AM
Now that I got the rims all set...was wondering if anyone has run the Michelin PS A/S on their M3 or other Bimmer?

I got these because obviously it's still winter (even though I won't be driving in snow much) and I am planning on replacing with summer tires in May/June but has anyone run these for a while and how have they performed for you?

I am currently running them on my 05 M3, and ran them for 3 years on an IS300. On the M3 , running 245 front 255 rear. I'll swap them back in the summer for the stock PS. I ran them year around on the IS300 and they were great. They're a bit softer than the PS, but provide much better handling when the pavement is cold, and MUCH better handling than the original POS stock tires on the IS (Potenza RExxx not Pole Positions)

Sirius
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:48:43 AM
I got them.

So far so good, we got compacted snow around here now and they grip that like any other tire.

I like the dry handling also.

luxautodetail
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 03:28:47 AM
i honestly love them..they are great

Insider
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:01:19 AM
I have them as well on my 2002 M3. Pilot Sport A/S 245/40/18 front and 255/40/18 rear. They work great in the dry and decent in the snow as well. At least now when there is a couple of inches of snow I can get through ok. Unlike the stock continentals, which had no grip at all in the snow.

hdsr09
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:20:39 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but I got a set of 245/35/ZR19 front & 275/30/ZR19 rear Michelin Pilot XGTZ4 A/S sitting in my garage waiting to put on my custom Maya STM's that I have on order. When i get the tire and rims on my car, I am going to get my car aligned, then rip it around town. Can anyone tell me how these tires are as compared to other tires in the same size? I got all four of the tires for $675.00/Shipped. All 4 are brand new with stickers, so they were a great deal. The 300 treadwear rating, A Temp & A Traction ratings, and the price convinced me to buy them... Can anyone give me some info? :???:

luxautodetail
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:45:58 AM
trust me those things are awesome in the dry and excellent in the rain!