Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : need suspension help

laum3
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 11:37:09 PM
I need help I can't decide what suspension to go with. My choices are the bilstein pss9, h&r coilovers, or ground control coilovers. If you have any advice respond tell me why its better. Thanx

V-Corp
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 12:31:29 AM
If you do a search, you'll find a lot of threads regarding this topic. However, if you want a suspension kit that will be a comfortable ride, you should go with the GC setup. The PSS9 is also really good since it allows the "9 comfort zones."

PiZark
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 12:43:55 AM
I just got H&R coil over kit on my M3 and I love it it really makes the car handle so much better and I love the drop.. you can't go wrong with a company like H&R

brokeazz
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:55:05 AM
ive had both, the h&r coils before and the bilsteins pss9 now. the h&r coils were a little too bouncy for me(no rebound), but i had it slammed with maybe one or two threads left from the lowest setting, took it off after two weeks and replaced it with pss9's, it feels more solid and the rebound was alot better due to the adjustability of the bilsteins.

MLINER
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:00:59 AM
i've been hearin that Ground Control is the best.

sy0296
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:03:02 PM
IMO you can't really go wrong with the choices you mentioned. A couple more to add to your list Tein SS-P (EDFC rocks IMO!) and KW Variant I and II. it all depends on what you intend on doing with the car. any track/DE session? all street only? how much adjusatbility do you need? how low do you want to go? need custom spring rates? you get my point...

I've had great experiences with GC in the past and they're constantly redesigning/improving their products based on customer response. IMO, for the price of the street kit, they can't be beat. For any amounts of track time, GC is the only way to go. That being said, I'm changing my GC setup to the Tein SS-P with EDFC simply because of EDFC...yes I am lazy :agree:

laum3
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 10:35:07 PM
hey pizark do you have any pics of your car so I can see how the h&r coils look

ucbsupafly
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 12:26:10 AM
For track use, get ground control for the customizable spring rates.

For strictly street use, get PSS9 for the comfort and ease of adjustability.