Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Uuc Springs Installed, Now Need Help??

Sebastian
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 10:58:54 PM
I had a mechanic install my uuc springs for my 2002 m3 , and few months ago,,, and like a week after the installation i noticed that the right side is lower than the left side, about .5 inch if not more,,,, now it might have been lower right from the beginning , but i didnt notice it,, anyway my main concern is is this normal to take into consideration the drivers weight, or did the mechanic screw something up, I had this done like in sept, and now its jan, didnt know where to ask this question and this seems like the right place..

ArtM3
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 11:09:03 PM
with your setup there is no height adjustment...assuming he put everything back together properly, rubber pads, strut fully inserted, etc.

BMW allows for a side to side variation of +/- 10 mm

measure on level ground from the lower wheel lip (where it meets the tire) to the fender lip

on 19's it should be 619 mm front and 600 rear
18's 605 and 587, or there abouts

it's a good way to check lowering too

Rob's Archive
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 11:37:50 PM
sebastian,

spring settling is a normal occurance but im not sure what sort of issues UUC has with spring drop guarantees. I too have their springs and while one side might be like 1/4-1/8 off, not the 1/2 you speak of. Your best bet, considering that you can not quickly tell why that is occuring is to call and speak with Rob@uuc and discuss with him.

Sebastian
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 03:59:03 AM
Yeh I think thats what I am going to have to do because when your looking at the car from the back its definetly noticable, especially the rear wheels are noticable because when looking at the car from the side ,the right tire tucks under a bit and the left one doesnt, and its definetly more than .5" diffrence,, well Ill give him a call when i get a chance and post what his response was.. You guys think its possible the springs were fabricated too short for the right side?????