Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Any ZCP SMG owners try Launch Control yet?

Divexxtreme
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 09:14:27 PM
I'm just curious if it's the same as the standard SMG M3. I'm sure it probably is, but it can't hurt to check.

For those that haven't tried it, here's what you do: *Car should be fully broken in*

-Turn-off DSC and switch to S6.
-Sport Mode can be ON or OFF, doesn't matter.
-While at a complete stop, hold the SMG lever forward while slowly pressing the gas pedal to the floor.
-Car should rev to 1,800 rpm and hover there.
-When ready, release the SMG lever and hang on...you'll need to shift to 2nd very quickly.:D

If your car revs higher than 1,800 rpm when the SMG lever is forward, please let us know.

LardebM3
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 09:33:57 PM
Haven't tried yet...but then again I still have about 350 miles to go...pretty sure it'll be the same though as I don't think they changed anything with the SMG...the question I have is that the M mode might suffice instead of turning the DSC off...

flabmaster
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:00:50 AM
-Ignore post-

MLINER
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:22:30 AM
You don't really have to be past break in to check the launch rpm. Why not just try this:
Get on level surface, or have left foot on the brake
DSC Off
S6 on
Push the shift lever foreward and hold it
Put right foot on gas pedal and put it to the floor - car should rev to 1800rpm
DO NOT RELEASE SHIFT LEVER - TAKE FOOT OFF GAS PEDAL!
Now release shift lever, turn dsc back on, tell us what the car revved to
I really don't see any reason why BMW would increase launch rpm and not tell us about it, but I guess it's possible.
-Dave
you can't full throttle before 1200 miles

M3_Dave
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:40:03 AM
You don't really have to be past break in to check the launch rpm. Why not just try this:
Get on level surface, or have left foot on the brake
DSC Off
S6 on
Push the shift lever foreward and hold it
Put right foot on gas pedal and put it to the floor - car should rev to 1800rpm
DO NOT RELEASE SHIFT LEVER - TAKE FOOT OFF GAS PEDAL!
Now release shift lever, turn dsc back on, tell us what the car revved to
I really don't see any reason why BMW would increase launch rpm and not tell us about it, but I guess it's possible.
-Dave

WHOA! no one listen to flabmaster who havent broken their car in - this is a big no no!

sorry flab - let em break it in first

no full throttle - no past 5500RPM no over 100mph in the first 1200 miles - its all in the sticker on the top left hand of the windshield inside the car

flabmaster
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:49:31 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't think that the full throttle would matter as long as the car was at rest and not revving above 1800. I figured that the LC would limit throttle to only what was necessary for 1800, which last time I checked was less than 5.5K, but my bad, guess this was a bad idea. Ignore my previous post guys.
-Dave

M3_Dave
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 08:46:53 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't think that the full throttle would matter as long as the car was at rest and not revving above 1800. I figured that the LC would limit throttle to only what was necessary for 1800, which last time I checked was less than 5.5K, but my bad, guess this was a bad idea. Ignore my previous post guys.
-Dave

well using LC will rev and limit your RPMs to 1800 (U.S. cars) BUT to initiate LC you must hold the SMG lever forwards and FULLY DEPRESS THROTTLE, your RPMs will than go to 1800 and stay there until the SMG lever is released - than your RPMs will redline rather quickly to 8k and so on

t.wak
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 09:02:57 AM
But Flab didn't tell them to launch it??

Kendrick07
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 10:23:20 AM
Do all you ZCP owners wear gloves when driving? I've only seen pics but someone told me that steering wheel gets wear marks pretty easily.

MattMan
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 03:16:52 PM
I think the point is to see if ZCP LC has a higher launch RPM.
One does not have to go WOT to test this out.. just gas it 1/2 way or so and see where the RPMS stop. At that point, you can go back to idle without actually launching the car.

e36M3r
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 03:25:24 PM
No more than some "M-Power" drivers wear diapers when driving for a similar reason. :bs:

Do all you ZCP owners wear gloves when driving? I've only seen pics but someone told me that steering wheel gets wear marks pretty easily.

Divexxtreme
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 04:14:53 PM
Well, I wanted someone to go through the entire sequence. I want to know how M Track-mode reacts and if the launch rpm is the same. That's why I said the car should be broken-in first.

I think the point is to see if ZCP LC has a higher launch RPM.
One does not have to go WOT to test this out.. just gas it 1/2 way or so and see where the RPMS stop. At that point, you can go back to idle without actually launching the car.

gnk2727
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 04:17:08 PM
Good Idea, I never read anything about the LC rev being higher, lower, or the same, so it would be great if someone did check this out.

Idz21
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:20:59 PM
When I launched mine out of the Performance Building my revs were up at the 2,500 mark. Is that good?

Divexxtreme
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:22:16 PM
Shut up beyotch....:D

gnk2727
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:42:58 PM
:chair: :rofl2: :wave: :dance: :offtopic: :peace:

Idz21
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:03:32 PM
:wave:

But yea as soon as I'm done with my breakin I'll post up what the launch RPM is. That is of course if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Raffy-D
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:10:14 PM
you don't need to wait for the breakin to be complete... lever forward, gas pedal down... see what the RPM's are at... then take your foot off the gas.

you won't have launched but you'll know what it launches at.

gnk2727
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:12:09 PM
True. Raffy's right. You wont do no harm.

Idz21
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:46:53 PM
ayt. as soon as the snow melts away I'll drag her outside and step on her. I'll let you know how loud she screams.

flabmaster
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:48:20 PM
well using LC will rev and limit your RPMs to 1800 (U.S. cars) BUT to initiate LC you must hold the SMG lever forwards and FULLY DEPRESS THROTTLE, your RPMs will than go to 1800 and stay there until the SMG lever is released - than your RPMs will redline rather quickly to 8k and so on
I didn't say to launch the car though, I said to take your foot off the gas pedal before releasing the shift lever. That way we would know what the launch rpm are without actually revving above the 1800.
True. Raffy's right. You wont do no harm.
Aha! So I wasn't wrong then? Doesn't matter, I agree with dive, I'd like for someone to be fully broken in so I can see how M track mode deals with hard launches. I doubt LC will work with M track mode (new M5 has LC and it has the track oriented DSC but all of the articles and vids I've seen involving reporters launching it mentioned that it's necessary to completely disable DSC) but I'd still like to see how the new DSC setting handles the mash and go style launch.
-Dave

t.wak
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 11:37:14 PM
Don't you feel pissed off when people need a second opinion, Dave? :thumbsup:

Rated///M
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 03:32:47 AM
If your car revs higher than 1,800 rpm when the SMG lever is forward, please let us know.

Haha, that would be tight.

M3_Dave
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:29:31 AM
Don't you feel pissed off when people need a second opinion, Dave? :thumbsup:

guys correct me if im wrong - but after LC has begun - taking your foot off the gas will not end it - the RPM's will still hold at 1800 and your car still will launch but will come to a stuttering hault

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:24:51 PM
guys correct me if im wrong - but after LC has begun - taking your foot off the gas will not end it - the RPM's will still hold at 1800 and your car still will launch but will come to a stuttering hault
yea someone try this out on an open road before I tear off my garage door.

btw - did you know you can launch in reverse?

Divexxtreme
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:35:01 PM
If you let off the gas, LC will immediately end and RPM will return to idle. No worries.

DaBean
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 01:43:43 PM

Just go out in your driveway and do it lol... and then let off the gas.. then we'll all know :thumbsup:

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:21:30 PM
Just go out in your driveway and do it lol... and then let off the gas.. then we'll all know :thumbsup:
Alright just got back from trying it out. It was sitting at 2,800. What's it supposed to be?

Divexxtreme
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:33:17 PM
Pete...stop BS'ing us already.:D

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:35:33 PM
Pete...stop BS'ing us already.:D
http://www.orderofronin.com/forums/images/smilies/theyareontome.gif

Teso
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 02:45:56 PM

There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes at a stop light I turn off DSC put it in S6, push the lever forward and just mash the gas pedal as if I were to launch, just to see the revs climb up and to see the reaction of the people in the car next to me. Of course once I let off the pedal it returns to the 900 rpm idle.

e36M3r
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:30:25 PM
:rofl2: Good one!

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:41:45 PM
Nice "X" :D

what X?

gnk2727
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:48:04 PM
No way, come be serious with us. Take a picture of the dash and gauges...

Alright just got back from trying it out. It was sitting at 2,800. What's it supposed to be?

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:50:52 PM
No way, come be serious with us. Take a picture of the dash and gauges...
I can't hold the lever up, have the gas pedal pinned and take a picture at the same time :chair:

gnk2727
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 04:56:48 PM
Why not, you only need one hand for the shift lever. And only one foot for the gas pedal, and whatever you do don't depress the brake and the gas at the same time; it'll drive the SMG nuts.

Whatcha doin with the other hand? :D

I can't hold the lever up, have the gas pedal pinned and take a picture at the same time :chair:

boxed
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:07:22 PM
wank off duh since he got the car a few days ago..

Idz21
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:33:32 PM
http://www.orderofronin.com/forums/images/smilies/wank.gif

gnk2727
Tue, Jan-25-2005, 05:38:22 PM
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

http://www.orderofronin.com/forums/images/smilies/wank.gif

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 02:56:04 AM
Alright so while I was out joy riding tonight to try and kick down some more break-in miles I tried LC.

With DSC off and S6 the RPMs held at around the 1,900 RPM range. I know the E46 is set at 1,800, but to me it looked more like the needle was hovering around 1,900. But nevertheless, there probably wasn't any increase at all to the LC RPM.

I tried to see if you could launch the car in M-track mode. So I turn DSC off, put the car in S6, but when I pressed the M-track button, the car went back to S5 - (and the S6 box disappeared just like if the car had DSC on). So you can't launch the car with M-track mode.

Now I don't know how it's going to work with just mashing the gas while in M-track mode. Could it be more successful than with DSC on? Quite possibly - only time will tell.

DaBean
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:05:44 AM
Keep us updated!
It's possible they raised it to 1,900, however I doubt they would have raised it just 100rpm...

gnk2727
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:07:02 AM
Thanks Pete, you da man!!!!!!!!

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:09:47 AM
Keep us updated!
It's possible they raised it to 1,900, however I doubt they would have raised it just 100rpm...
yea that's what I was thinking. If anything I'd raise it 200rpm and make it an even 2,000. I'll take some pics of the needle tomorrow during the day to show you guys where it's sitting. It could just be that I'm interpreting it wrong.

gnk2727
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:58:53 AM
Man it's about time you got that other hand free :wave:

yea that's what I was thinking. If anything I'd raise it 200rpm and make it an even 2,000. I'll take some pics of the needle tomorrow during the day to show you guys where it's sitting. It could just be that I'm interpreting it wrong.

M3_Dave
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 08:01:02 AM
Man it's about time you got that other hand free :wave:

now its time for you to get one free - i saw you while on the way to woodfield - you may think i didnt...but i did - maybe it was cuase you saw a silver M3 the whole way down...oh wait

///3
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 11:30:44 AM
hmm in holland it revs up to 4.500 rpm i thought, but i dont know sure

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:10:00 PM
hmm in holland it revs up to 4.500 rpm i thought, but i dont know sure
It probably does. Here in teh US we get jipped.

silver_m333
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:18:07 PM
Just out of curiousity, how much difference does it make what the launch rpm is at? I know the peak HP and torque are higher up the curve but traction seems to be more of an issue. I guess it really make a difference if the tires are properly warmed up and the road condition you are launching on.

Could the European members comment on their track acceleration numbers using launch control so we can compare the difference? The vehicles mentioned should be stock for a fair comparison.

One other question is why SMGs aren't faster in acceleration than MT counter parts with the "ultra fast shifts" and launch control. I don't think the weight difference is enough of a difference. Maybe it is the launch revs afterall.

Gary T
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:33:22 PM
This may sound like a stupid question to some of you more knowledgable M'ers but is the launch control limited to the ZCP SMG? I assume my "normal" SMG does not have that capability?

silver_m333
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 03:41:39 PM
This may sound like a stupid question to some of you more knowledgable M'ers but is the launch control limited to the ZCP SMG? I assume my "normal" SMG does not have that capability?

I'll answer this before everyone jumps down your throat... All SMG's have launch control. Read the Divexxtreme's post on the first page for instructions.

Just a few things before you try it yourself... Make sure the car is already broken in properly, make sure your car is properly wwarmed up (only one yellow light over the 8000 rpm mark on the tach and oil temp near the middle of the range), tires are warmed up, and most of all... lots of room to do it. My first time was a little scary since the back started to drift sideways. There was a bit of gravel on the road and the tires weren't warmed up yet. Oh and one more thing, try to shift right before 8000 rpm to avoid bouncing off the rev limiter which slows down your launch times.

Have fun and be safe!!!

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 07:44:51 PM
Alright here are three shots of the speedometer from three different Launch Control sequences I took today:

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/launch_control_rpm.jpg

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/launch_control_rpm_close.jpg

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/launch_control_rpm_close2.jpg

Here's the M-track light on the console:
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/Mtrack_light.jpg

Here are some random pics from the stickers under the hood:
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/BMW_Indv.jpg

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/Inter_Blau.jpg

It looks like the talk that BMW switched their recommended oil consitency to 5W-30 is not true - for my car at least
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/10W-60.jpg

Here's a picture of a new pump-like thingamajiger sticking out from the top of the engine - Non-ZCP M3s don't seem to have this. Someone said that it might have something to do with the M-track mode? I wonder if CSL M3s have this.
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/Mtrack_pump.jpg

And here are some more random shots I took today
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/car_1.jpg

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/car_back.jpg

http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/Garage_sit.jpg

And that's all for now folks. Hope it was educational :D

e36M3r
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 07:54:46 PM
Very interesting, thanks! :thumbsup:

LikeAnimal28
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:18:35 PM
Here's a picture of a new pump-like thingamajiger sticking out from the top of the engine - Non-ZCP M3s don't seem to have this. Someone said that it might have something to do with the M-track mode? I wonder if CSL M3s have this.
http://www.infiniteorder.com/~idz21/images/M3/Mtrack_pump.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the hell that is??? :nixweiss: hummm Interesting.....

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:27:46 PM
Here's another picture that shows more of where this piece actually sits:
http://members.roadfly.org/kmurph/26b_MyM3Engine3.jpg

///3
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 09:45:42 PM
so in the usa it revs up to around 1800 rpm and in other countrys it revs up to 3500rpm Why??? :nixweiss:

Idz21
Sat, Jan-29-2005, 10:30:06 PM
so in the usa it revs up to around 1800 rpm and in other countrys it revs up to 3500rpm Why??? :nixweiss:
In the US we can Launch the car unlimited amount of times. I believe outside of US, there's a limit of how many times the car can be launched because of the higher RPM. I think if you launch it enough times it voids the warranty.

dudstone
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 09:22:45 AM
Dude, get rid of the bra, you'll ruin your paint in no time.

Sirius///M3
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 11:09:07 AM
< noob

I have not picked my car up yet (will be this week)

Could someone explain what DSC, M-Track, and S6 is??? I assume you have to hold the stick up then quickly grab the wheel to shift gears manually or else it will just bounce off the rev limiter right? Im not going to go out and try it, just wondering if someone could break it down for a new guy.

phEight
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 12:43:51 PM
< noob

I have not picked my car up yet (will be this week)

Could someone explain what DSC, M-Track, and S6 is??? I assume you have to hold the stick up then quickly grab the wheel to shift gears manually or else it will just bounce off the rev limiter right? Im not going to go out and try it, just wondering if someone could break it down for a new guy.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure I'm not. I don't own an M3 which is why I am not exactly positive of my knowledge on what you're asking but I'll try my best...

DSC is short of "Dynamic Stability Control", it's basically the car's way of preventing the tires from uncontrolably spining, sorta like traction control. This is turned off during launch control for obvious reasons...

M-Track is a new program for ZCP M3's, it's like DSC but has more leniancy to when it kicks in.

S6 mode is available only when you're in the manual SMG mode, not the automatic. It's a mode which increases the stiffness of the suspension, and increases shift speed of the SMG system. In automatic, you're able to go to only the S5 mode (there is a button to increase/decrease this a little below the shift knob.)

Launch control will not work if you're not S6, and if you don't have DSC switched OFF. When you have the car in S6, and you have DSC switched off, push the shifter up (downshift) and hold it there, while holding slowly depress the accelerator and you will see the RPM's rise, when you're ready to take a ride in your rocket, let go of the shifter and be ready to shift really fast. If you want to enable burnout mode, then depress the accelerator rapidly instead of gradually. That is all, hope I was helpful.

Congrats on your car btw, I'm envious. :thumbsup:

Predator
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 01:17:01 PM
Pete wtf is that thing ?

My CSL does not have that pump thing at all, ive got a photo look .

My CSL launches at around 3500 (from what i can remember) and even then the first few feet is wheelspin, but without the slight wheel spins the 0-60 time is alot slower.

on the CSL its (with S6, DSC and Sports)

DSC off > M Track > M Track + DSC off (best way to learn to control the car and drive )

pHeight S6 mode only increases the shift speed, it doesn't alter the suspension !

Sports opens up the blades fullly to allow maximum air intake and on the CSL it opens the induction flap fully on the airbox. Oh yeah and i think it may alter the steering feel (makes it more direct and heavier) , im not so sure on that one.

Lastly M Track mode, Pete and any other ZCp owners, in the rain with M track mode on, say you take a sharp left or right sweeping corner @ about 80mph, does the M track mode make your car alter its line by one car width (to the outside of the corner) or does it induce tail happy swinging ?

Idz21
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 03:05:32 PM
Pete wtf is that thing ?

My CSL launches at around 3500 (from what i can remember) and even then the first few feet is wheelspin, but without the slight wheel spins the 0-60 time is alot slower.

DSC off > M Track > M Track + DSC off (best way to learn to control the car and drive )

pHeight S6 mode only increases the shift speed, it doesn't alter the suspension !

Sports opens up the blades fullly to allow maximum air intake and on the CSL it opens the induction flap fully on the airbox. Oh yeah and i think it may alter the steering feel (makes it more direct and heavier) , im not so sure on that one.

Lastly M Track mode, Pete and any other ZCp owners, in the rain with M track mode on, say you take a sharp left or right sweeping corner @ about 80mph, does the M track mode make your car alter its line by one car width (to the outside of the corner) or does it induce tail happy swinging ?
hmmmmmmmmm so the CSL does not have that thing either - the plot thickens! :D

I'm not positive on the M-track allowing the tail to swing out a bit, but I'm assuming that it would. I was approached by a mechanic while at PCD and he asked if the M-track mode is for drifting purposes. I'm going to grab my manual and post up exactly what it says about it.

Predator
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 03:08:42 PM
YOU GOT A MANUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the ZCP M3 ! ! !

I JUST GOT LIKE A SUPPLEMENT ! ! ! a couple of pages about the technologies on the M3 CSL and the normal M3 manual ! ! ! !!

U lucky bastard Pete ! ! ! !

The M Track mode would allow for drifting but i think it really allows for a much more agrresive driving style on the track.

Pete learn to drive with everything off , you'll enjoy and maximise your skill in the M3 even more ! !

I drove with everything off on Cups through last winter ! ! (dnt worry you'll only spin a couple of times ! ! )

Idz21
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 03:10:08 PM
YOU GOT A MANUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the ZCP M3 ! ! !

I JUST GOT LIKE A SUPPLEMENT ! ! ! a couple of pages about the technologies on the M3 CSL and the normal M3 manual ! ! ! !!

U bastard Pete ! ! ! !
haha you know what? I'm hoping that it even is in the manual because I didn't even look at it yet. I'll check it out soon.

e36M3r
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 03:55:49 PM
:hmm: Hmmm... I've been reading the manual online already, and I don't pick up my car for another six weeks!

haha you know what? I'm hoping that it even is in the manual because I didn't even look at it yet. I'll check it out soon.

Idz21
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 04:20:58 PM
:hmm: Hmmm... I've been reading the manual online already, and I don't pick up my car for another six weeks!
Yea I read some of the '04 version, but they don't have the '05 manual online yet. But it's sitting in my glove box :D

e36M3r
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 04:36:45 PM
Does it have any ZCP stuff in it. In particular, about phone/bluetooth without the steering wheel buttons. (do you have nav?)

Yea I read some of the '04 version, but they don't have the '05 manual online yet. But it's sitting in my glove box :D

pluckydks
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 04:42:13 PM
Pete wtf is that thing ?

:bow: i wish i could get a csl intake like that

Sirius///M3
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 06:08:00 PM
How do you put the car in S6 mode? And would this just be recommended for trackk or racing days? I know there are two buttons to adjust the speed of shifting under the SMG paddle but was just wondering if there was a seperate button for S6 mode. Can you shift up and down using the SMG stick? or do you have to use the paddles?

pluckydks
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 06:22:37 PM
you have to turn dsc off first, then you can put it into s6

Sirius///M3
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 06:53:57 PM
you have to turn dsc off first, then you can put it into s6

ZCP - Competition Package? Also, how do you put it into S6 mode?

Sorry for bein such a darn noob :(

gnk2727
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 10:26:35 PM
What are you talking about???

now its time for you to get one free - i saw you while on the way to woodfield - you may think i didnt...but i did - maybe it was cuase you saw a silver M3 the whole way down...oh wait

markhit
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 10:35:00 PM
you don't need to wait for the breakin to be complete... lever forward, gas pedal down... see what the RPM's are at... then take your foot off the gas.

you won't have launched but you'll know what it launches at.

If you do this do you think it would log as a LC in the computer even though you didn't actually launch. Maybe the DME will record as a LC because the sequence was followed.

Idz21
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 10:39:41 PM
While at the car meet in Paramus today some people mentioned that the extra pump thingy on my engine is for emissions purposes. I noticed that another person's '04 had the same exact thing. It looks like BMW started putting that in since the '04 model.

gnk2727
Sun, Jan-30-2005, 10:39:57 PM
That's a good possibility. But he did no damage to the car cause he did not launch it. If youre worried about the number of uses for LC in the US, Divexxtreme and I have both Launched our cars well over 125+ times and have not had the dealer say anything to us about it.......

Idz21
Mon, Jan-31-2005, 03:23:25 AM
Just posted how the manual defines M-track mode in this post -> http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=55294

Enjoy.