Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : brembo bbk install question

daapower
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:53:42 PM
I attempted to install my bbk and ran into a few problems. We were able to get the fronts on but the rear mounting bracket was different from the oem brakes. The brembo brackets sit on the outside of the car brackets so its impossible to screw it on. Is there a way around this?

Also, my traction control is disabled for some reason but I can't figure out why. We cut some of the brake dust shield in the rear and its rubbing against the rotor, would that cause the dsc to be disabled?

Thanks in advance for any help.

m32
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 07:05:50 PM
Not sure about the install but when Joel (www.bavhypersports.com) installed mine, the driver side had a wire that had to be cut. He cut it and welded the wires together. Did you do that? Not sure if they helps but good luck

daapower
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 07:10:37 PM
Not sure about the install but when Joel (www.bavhypersports.com) installed mine, the driver side had a wire that had to be cut. He cut it and welded the wires together. Did you do that? Not sure if they helps but good luck

I think those are the pad wear sensors..i just left it hanging.

daapower
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 08:09:25 PM
traction control issue seemed to have fixed itself.

DZeckhausen
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 09:51:57 PM
I attempted to install my bbk and ran into a few problems. We were able to get the fronts on but the rear mounting bracket was different from the oem brakes. The brembo brackets sit on the outside of the car brackets so its impossible to screw it on. Is there a way around this?

Also, my traction control is disabled for some reason but I can't figure out why. We cut some of the brake dust shield in the rear and its rubbing against the rotor, would that cause the dsc to be disabled?

Thanks in advance for any help.I've installed a zillion of these. Give me a call at (973)761-5054 and we can talk about your difficulties. I can probably walk you through any of the issues you are having.

The brake dust shield rubbing against the rotor would have nothing to do with the DSC being disabled. What makes you think the DSC is disabled? What are the symptoms?

Which rear Brembo brake kit did you buy? The rear caliper upgrade? Or the full rear kit with 345mmx28mm floating rotors?

DZeckhausen
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 09:56:37 PM
I think those are the pad wear sensors..i just left it hanging.It's a good idea to tie-wrap the sensor and harness out of the way. If you leave it hanging, it will get caught in something and get torn apart. Then you'll end up with the "CHECK BRAKE LINING" warning on your dash.

An alternative to securing the sensor out of the way is to cut it off and then strip & solder the pair of wires at the end of the harness in order to trick the system into thinking the sensor is intact.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/images/brake_install/BMW/E39/Movit/rear/04bt_Sensor.jpg

daapower
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 11:14:25 PM
Just got off the phone with Dave and he was able to give me a lot of pointers. He's an A+ in my book!

DoubleFault
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 11:27:51 PM
Just got off the phone with Dave and he was able to give me a lot of pointers. He's an A+ in my book!

Wow, there aren't many shops out there that give advice on a Sunday. :thumbsup:

sy0296
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 06:13:06 PM
Wow, there aren't many shops out there that give advice on a Sunday. :thumbsup:

:agree: dave absolutely offers the best customer service, period.

glad he was able to help you out. how's the install comming?