Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : ipod mp3 or something

pmcguire24
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 01:47:53 AM
hi i have a uk spec 2002 e46 m3 with nav, i know i can go aftermarket and reinstall my own system as my year of model has no aux.but can i hook up my ipod or do i have to change my 6 disc changer to a mp3 changer to get all my tunes?what can i do to improve my screen and in car entertainment...

Jim2004M3
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:26:44 AM
hi i have a uk spec 2002 e46 m3 with nav, i know i can go aftermarket and reinstall my own system as my year of model has no aux.but can i hook up my ipod or do i have to change my 6 disc changer to a mp3 changer to get all my tunes?what can i do to improve my screen and in car entertainment...

Have you found the web site http://ipodyourbmw.com/?
I have an 04 US Spec M3 with the iPod interface. It is a somewhat dumb version of the Alpine unit now available in the aftermarket. You cannot have a CD changer with the iPod as it uses the changer interface setup to allow choosing iPod playlists. You cannot have Sirius satellite radio either.
If you use the BMW interface, you can create 5 playlists that are called up like CDs. The 6th CD option plays all your tunes. RND random selection workis from the BMW interface, as do all the steering wheel buttons.
Alpine has a more sophisticated interface on the aftermarket, but I do not know what happens when you replace the BMW radio.

DensionUSA
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 10:46:02 PM
ice>Link Plus will allow you to have the ipod and Sirius at the same time. There are far more options than the BMW kit allows.