Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Suspension Damage?

Rated///M
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:01:00 PM
Last night, when I was exiting a shopping center, I decided to give it a little more gas then usual, started to fishtail and bit and tried to countersteer it, but ended hitting and driving up a curb at 10-15mph. The two left rims are damaged and the tires are cut in. I didn't see any other noticeble damages, so I am getting the car inspected today. The car drives fine and from what I remember, I didn't hit the bottom of the car. The front tires are almost completly bald, and ground was semi wet from the condensation of the heavy fog. I was wondering if there could be other damages.

Rev8k
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:32:03 PM
I was wondering if there could be other damages.
I'd let you know if I can put it on a lift...

Sirius
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 06:37:32 PM
Get the car aligned, the specs will tell you if anything is bent. Normally, its very difficult to see suspension damage with the naked eye, unless the componets are so bent up extremely obvious.

///Motorsport3 kID
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 07:07:38 PM
i recently had to avoid a head on colission, and in order to do that i had to swerve off the road to avoid the accident. i hit the curb on my right. similar damage to your car. i took the car immeadiatley to the dealer, they replaced one of my wheels/tires and the other one is gonna get fixed. the dealer said the allignment wasnt off and there was no suspension damage. my cab is a tough cookie.

Rated///M
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 08:21:31 PM
i recently had to avoid a head on colission, and in order to do that i had to swerve off the road to avoid the accident. i hit the curb on my right. similar damage to your car. i took the car immeadiatley to the dealer, they replaced one of my wheels/tires and the other one is gonna get fixed. the dealer said the allignment wasnt off and there was no suspension damage. my cab is a tough cookie.

Yeah, my car drives fine, just the wheel and tire is damaged. I hope when I bring it in today, everything is fine.

lagunasecablue
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 10:45:19 PM
I'd get an alignment anyway.... tell the dealer to give you the alignment specs before/after if they really didnt think the suspension's alignment was off after running over a curb let alone whacking one at 10-20mph. Its only steel and aluminum...