Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Are there any instructions to tell dealer how to re flash LCM for LED's?

Mpassioned
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:34:18 PM
Over the last few weeks, I have done several searches on the LED conversion how to's and topics. I see several posts that refer to other posts on other boards, but half the links to those topics no longer work.

I took my car to the dealer because my maintenance is up the end of the month, and wanted them to go through the car one last time. I also asked to see if they could re program the LCM to recognize the LED's on my '02 which has a build date of 12/01. The tech and service writer did not know how to do this, and they did not get any help from a tech line they referred to.

I have also seen the mod to install resistors and such, but just want to confirm before I go that route, that this is the only option short of replacing the LCM, as the dealer is indicating. I saw a post that said that there are 4 different LCM's, and was wondering if there is a part # that indicates which are the ones that work or don't. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Roadkilled
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:58:35 PM
Bump :thumbsup:

ROCKV7
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 03:35:59 PM
Send a PM to Sirius, hes' a moderator in this forum - he should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck

BMWGuy206
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 07:44:10 PM
Over the last few weeks, I have done several searches on the LED conversion how to's and topics. I see several posts that refer to other posts on other boards, but half the links to those topics no longer work.

I took my car to the dealer because my maintenance is up the end of the month, and wanted them to go through the car one last time. I also asked to see if they could re program the LCM to recognize the LED's on my '02 which has a build date of 12/01. The tech and service writer did not know how to do this, and they did not get any help from a tech line they referred to.

I have also seen the mod to install resistors and such, but just want to confirm before I go that route, that this is the only option short of replacing the LCM, as the dealer is indicating. I saw a post that said that there are 4 different LCM's, and was wondering if there is a part # that indicates which are the ones that work or don't. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

The tech has to go to a programming section of the GT1, select the LCM, and then select the "Retrofit" option. Should take less than 10mins to do.

Sirius
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 08:01:17 PM
Send a PM to Sirius, hes' a moderator in this forum - he should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck

Funny thing is, I mentioned to Dave that his taillamps flashed for a few seconds after his car was turned on. :P

What Jon said is correct though. Any dealer should be able to do it.

Mpassioned
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 08:07:03 PM
Thanks for the addl info guys, I tried to convey to my tech what needed to be done. Hopefully this will help to clarify it for him. They had to order a new power steering hose for me, so when I go back in for that, I'll have him try that if he didn't yet.
Dave