Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : ZCP=Limit Production

Steven Hung
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:34:51 AM
I heard rumors that the 2005 ZCP M3 would be available in limited production. Any truth to this rumor?

Divexxtreme
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:37:02 AM
Yes. It's limited to how many people are willing to pay the extra $4,000.00.:D

ArtM3
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:39:11 AM

:rofl2:

e36M3r
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 03:35:37 AM
Sweet! :beer:

Fat Albert
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 03:36:46 AM
haha good one. :agree:

Moogle
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 04:07:36 AM
its an OPTION, so there is no limit

E90_GEN
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 04:46:09 AM
sorry never got any complete infos on this ZCP. Have seen pictures but other than a fur covered looking wheel and different rims and bigger break rotters didn't see anything else. Any info of other than those things what you get for that $4000

daihard
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:26:58 AM
sorry never got any complete infos on this ZCP. Have seen pictures but other than a fur covered looking wheel and different rims and bigger break rotters didn't see anything else. Any info of other than those things what you get for that $4000
1. The ZCP-specific DSC called "M track mode."
2. The brake rotors aren't just bigger; they are cross-drilled.
3. The ZCP-specific colour, Interlagos Blue, is available.
4. Specially-tuned suspension.
5. Deletion of the cruise control and wheel-mounted controls

The February issue of Roundel briefs on ZCP.

MLINER
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:54:32 AM
Ther is a limited production Numbers of the M3 ZCP i know cause ijust ordered one tonite!!.

Sirius
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 06:11:57 AM
1. The ZCP-specific DSC called "M track mode."
2. The brake rotors aren't just bigger; they are cross-drilled.
3. The ZCP-specific colour, Interlagos Blue, is available.
4. Specially-tuned suspension.
5. Deletion of the cruise control and wheel-mounted controls

The February issue of Roundel briefs on ZCP.

Rotors are cross-drilled floating style. The pads are a differnet composit. The steering rack is more direct.

Cruise control is deleted, DSC has 'track mode' which lets you push the car to a father extreme until it kicks in.

CSL rims.

The 'fuzzy' steering wheel.

daihard
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 08:02:14 AM
The steering rack is more direct.
Forgot that one... the ratio has been shortened from 15.4 : 1 to 14.5 : 1.

CSL rims.
Are they? The article on Roundel specifically says that the M track mode and the brake rotors are from the M3 CSL, but not the rims. That makes me wonder if the rims may look very similar to those for the CSL but different?

DaBean
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 08:12:09 AM
I was under the impression that they were CSL-like rims... but not the actual same ones... I may be wrong...

bren
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:33:34 PM
Ther is a limited production Numbers of the M3 ZCP i know cause ijust ordered one tonite!!.
Let me guess....your salesman told you that right? :rofl2:

نسيم هودج
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:54:33 PM
The CSL wheels and the ZCP wheels are in fact different. The rears are of the same size, the fronts are .5 less width on the ZCP.

Naseem

Budman
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 02:14:30 PM
It will be a limited run, only because after a certain period no more E46 M3's will be made, thus limiting it to this years production run.

EMAXX
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 02:39:19 PM
It will be a limited run, only because after a certain period no more E46 M3's will be made, thus limiting it to this years production run.

That's what I was about to say. It's a one year option, so it'll probably be somewhat limited, but it just depends on how many people order it. There have already been quite a few people ordering on the boards, I'm sure there are a lot more that don't post here. I think that there will be quite a few out there.

cowboy bebop
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 04:21:21 PM
the CSl and ZCP rear wheels have the same Part # IIRC.
fronts are different.

doesnt the ZCP also delete the Moonroof?

نسيم هودج
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:13:37 PM
From what I understand you can have the ZCP with a moonroof. To me that defeats the purpose of the package. BMW offers the Moonroof with the ZCP for the Americans cause they like "options". Might as well just get a regular M3 and save the money. But hey what do I know?

Divexxtreme
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 05:56:46 PM
Naseem, you're absolutely right...you can get the ZCP with all the available M3 options, including the moonroof.
I ordered mine without the moonroof and leather.:thumbsup:

daihard
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 06:27:30 PM
Naseem, you're absolutely right...you can get the ZCP with all the available M3 options, including the moonroof.
I ordered mine without the moonroof and leather.:thumbsup:
Way to go... My 2004 M3 has no moonroof, either. Combined with the colour (OGII), it makes my car a fairly limited production. :D

dizzy
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 07:03:31 PM
From what I understand you can have the ZCP with a moonroof. To me that defeats the purpose of the package. BMW offers the Moonroof with the ZCP for the Americans cause they like "options". Might as well just get a regular M3 and save the money. But hey what do I know?

Say what? I want a moonroof. I also want the tighter steering/suspention, 19" CSL 'type' wheels, brakes, and M-track. Why should I order a regular M3 and save the money? If I wanted a dedicated track car I'd get it bare bones w no ZCP or moonroof and fix it all up aftermarket, but thats not what I want.

-David

daihard
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 07:36:14 PM
Say what? I want a moonroof. I also want the tighter steering/suspention, 19" CSL 'type' wheels, brakes, and M-track. Why should I order a regular M3 and save the money? If I wanted a dedicated track car I'd get it bare bones w no ZCP or moonroof and fix it all up aftermarket, but thats not what I want.
I don't think NACHTBLAU M is opposing the availability of the moonroof with ZCP. All he's saying is that given the characteristics of the ZCP (i.e. geared more towards performance), offering a moonroof with the package does not go well with that concept since the moonroof does more harm than good for the sake of the performance. At least that's how I'd take it. :beer:

Idz21
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 09:43:05 PM
what's ZCP? Does anyone have any information on this? And what is the price of this "secret" package?

Moogle
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 09:46:09 PM
nice........

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 03:53:13 AM
You don't think adding options to a car dubbed "Competition" package defeats the purpose of the package? Also refered to as Club Sport package in Europe. Club Sport? My opinion. Like I said before. Adding a whole list of options water the car down with weight aka "THE ENEMY". Ever seen a CSL with a moonroof, nav, premium, and cold weather package. Yeah, I didn't think so. It amazes me how many people go oh' you want a track car cause you didn't get that many options. No, I want what I paid for. Plain and Simple. And if you don't get that then I can't help you. Saving weight is one of the best mods out there. At any rate it's your money, do what ever the Hell pleases you.

Naseem

-David

Idz21
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 04:33:42 AM
You don't think adding options to a car dubbed "Competition" package defeats the purpose of the package? Also refered to as Club Sport package in Europe. Club Sport? My opinion. Like I said before. Adding a whole list of options water the car down with weight aka "THE ENEMY". Ever seen a CSL with a moonroof, nav, premium, and cold weather package. Yeah, I didn't think so. It amazes me how many people go oh' you want a track car cause you didn't get that many options. No, I want what I paid for. Plain and Simple. And if you don't get that then I can't help you. Saving weight is one of the best mods out there. At any rate it's your money, do what ever the Hell pleases you.

Naseem
hey HEY! I ordered the nav on mine :D I want the looks with the competition :D

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 04:43:57 AM
Right on IDZ. Just nav though right! Hows it going out there. Did you beat the snow storm in the M? I'd love to see some photos when ever available.. Take care man.

Naseem

dizzy
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 04:53:43 AM

Naseem

You could say the exact same thing for the M3 itself. Its a performance car. Why weigh it down with options? Why not just get a 330ci if you want options?

I want what I paid for. Plain and Simple.

Me too. I'm getting exactly what I paid for. The best handling stock M3 available... and a sunroof. :peace:

-David

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:38:20 AM
You could say the exact same thing for the M3 itself. Its a performance car. Why weigh it down with options? Why not just get a 330ci if you want options?

Me too. I'm getting exactly what I paid for. The best handling stock M3 available... and a sunroof. :peace:

-David

I agree with you first statement. If you want a load of "options" the 330ci is perfect for you. I don't like moonroofs at all. To add it's added weight in a spot that doesn't need it. That option is useless to me. So yes, I'm biased in that sense. Remember I never said all options are useless though. I want everyone to know that. My list of useless options and again this is only my opinion:

1. Moonroof
2. Ass Heaters
3. Premium Package
4. Cold Weather

Not one of the above listed options provide any performance aspect. Therefore they are "Useless" to me.

I highly doubt a "Competition Package" M3 with a Moonroof will handle better than a Stock bare bones M. A bare bones "Competiton" package M may have marginally better handling than a regular barebones M though. The "Competition" cars are special in the instance that they are more than likely going to be a one year only option. As I said before at any rate IT IS YOUR MONEY get what ever the Hell pleases you..... Moonroof, Ass Heaters, Premium, Cold weather, whatever. :thumbsup:

Idz21
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:43:54 AM
Right on IDZ. Just nav though right! Hows it going out there. Did you beat the snow storm in the M? I'd love to see some photos when ever available.. Take care man.

Naseem
I got nav, heated seats, xenons and SMG :D

Beat the storm by a few hours goin up to NJ. The pics of the entire experience and the car are currently in this post -> http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=54354

Idz21
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:46:16 AM
Remember I never said all options are useless though. I want everyone to know that. My list of useless options and again this is only my opinion:

1. Moonroof
2. Ass Heaters
3. Premium Package
4. Cold Weather

Not one of the above listed options provide any performance aspect. Therefore they are "Useless" to me.

As I said before at any rate IT IS YOUR MONEY get what ever the Hell pleases you..... Moonroof, Ass Heaters, Premium, Cold weather, whatever. :thumbsup:

I chose to go with the "Ass Heaters" because I know the ladies like it :D That's always a big plus when it comes to girls in heat :thumbsup:

Hyolee
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:56:33 AM
stop fighting

dizzy
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:11:17 AM
stop fighting

He started it... :whistle:

:starwars:

-David

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:16:52 AM
He started it... :whistle:

:starwars:

-David

:rofl2: :thumbsup: :peace:

dizzy
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:24:46 AM
...That option is useless to me...

Exactly. To you. And I'm not arguing about that, or even the fact that a moonroof will hurt the overall performance. Cruise Control is useless to me, but I didn't decry it as a pointless option that BMW only offers because us silly americans like their 'options'. Ok, you didn't say silly. But still... Thats all I was responding to... I've said my peace. To each his own. :peace:

:grouphug:

-David

fcboarder1
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:45:30 AM
i got a convertible with nav and cold weather. i guess i deserve to hang.

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:48:30 AM
i got a convertible with nav and cold weather. i guess i deserve to hang.

verts ****. :thumbsup:

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:56:59 AM
Exactly. To you. And I'm not arguing about that, or even the fact that a moonroof will hurt the overall performance. Cruise Control is useless to me, but I didn't decry it as a pointless option that BMW only offers because us silly americans like their 'options'. Ok, you didn't say silly. But still... Thats all I was responding to... I've said my peace. To each his own. :peace:

:grouphug:

-David

Cruise control is a useless option. To me, exactly. BMW only offers it because silly Americans like their options. :thumbsup: Thats a good one. I agree cruise control is useless they wouldn't let me delete it though. A vast majority of M's in Germany are ordered as performance cars. Minus the bs per say. However in the U.S. if you don't order your M. You would be hard pressed to find an M3 without a crap load of options. Dealers order them this way because it's a proven fact that Americans like their options. We can argue this all day but the fact will continue to remain Americans like options. Period. And I'll add options like Moonroof, Premium Package, Cold weather, totally degrade the performance of a car. Period Point Blank. :soapbox:

fcboarder1
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 07:10:28 AM
if you bought an m3 so you could have no options to save weight and have it be a track car, you bought the wrong car and payed way too much for it. The funny part is an e55 with such frivilous options as 20way adjustable seats with heating and cooling would run the hell outa an m3 with no moonroof.

dizzy
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 08:13:20 AM
I agree cruise control is useless they wouldn't let me delete it though.

If you order ZCP, Cruise Control is automatically deleted :D

However in the U.S. if you don't order your M. You would be hard pressed to find an M3 without a crap load of options. Dealers order them this way because it's a proven fact that Americans like their options.

Well, I can't argue that one. You are right that it is very rare to find an M3 on the lot that isn't fully loaded. I think that has less to do with us wanting nothing but fully loaded cars than it has to do with the dealers wanting to sell the most expensive versions of the car to make more $$$. I'm sure for every one sold on the lot, there are an equal number ordered to the customer's specs... but the dealers count on people walking in, and while not wanting a fully loaded car, would rather part with a little more (or not so little) $$$ to drive the car off the lot rather than wait 3 months for it. They count on the need of some for instant gratification, regardless of cost...

Or at least that's my opinion... Needless to say, I chose to order and wait to get the car exactly as I want it. And that wait is almost over... I pick my car up in two days. :dance:

-David

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 08:30:22 AM
if you bought an m3 so you could have no options to save weight and have it be a track car, you bought the wrong car and payed way too much for it. The funny part is an e55 with such frivilous options as 20way adjustable seats with heating and cooling would run the hell outa an m3 with no moonroof.

Okay wow. I bought the right car. I'll elaborate on this one. Sure I could have purchased something cheaper that has a lower dollar value on modding for big gains. Something American 03-04 model with a supercharged 4.6 liter v8 to be exact. I'll leave the name off. Or perhaps an 04 5.7 liter LS6 powered two door hardtop. Even though I like the performance for the buck both of those cars don't do it for me. Build quality issues, ride quality, fit and finish, market value all play a role. Ever seen an E55 on a track? You are going by what you've heard stated on the forums. E55's are around 100,000 everywhere I look in the U.S new. I could get one in Germany for around 76,000 delivered. I Have not ruled out getting one yet. Moving on. I will absolutely rape an E55 once I finish modding my M. And News Flash I won't be out of $100,000 either. When comparing those two cars it doesn't add up. For one they are not even in the same classification. The E55 is a direct competitor to the BMW M5 and the Audi Rs6. All great cars indeed.

Naseem

daihard
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 08:57:11 AM
My list of useless options and again this is only my opinion:

1. Moonroof
2. Ass Heaters
3. Premium Package
4. Cold Weather
Thank God I don't have any of those in my M3, except for the leather seats.
:beer:

نسيم هودج
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 09:01:23 AM
Right on Dia. I have leather as well Long time no see! How's everything going for you?

Naseem

Divexxtreme
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 04:27:28 PM
And I'll add options like Moonroof, Premium Package, Cold weather, totally degrade the performance of a car. Period Point Blank.

But so do the back seats. They alone add more weight to the car than pretty much all other options combined, except the moonroof.

The moonroof is really the only "option" that adds significant weight to this car, with full leather not being much help either (the only two options I didn't get). The weight increase from the other options can pretty much be canceled out by the simple installation of a lightweight battery.

The M3, is in fact a "Luxury Sports Coupe". Most people that purchase this car want to keep some of that "luxury" intact. If one doesn't want luxury, but instead, a no-frills...lightweight sports-car, it would make more sense to purchase something like a Lotus Elise or similiar two-seater than it does an M3.

daihard
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 05:58:39 PM
The M3, is in fact a "Luxury Sports Coupe". Most people that purchase this car want to keep some of that "luxury" intact. If one doesn't want luxury, but instead, a no-frills...lightweight sports-car, it would make more sense to purchase something like a Lotus Elise or similiar two-seater than it does an M3.
I know what you mean, but I must concur that those who opt for ZCP tend to lean more towards "sports" than "luxury." In fact, BMW did remove the cruise control and wheel-mounted audio controls in place of the "M track mode" DSC. Sure, they probably did that out of necessity, but I still cannot imagine a car labelled as "luxury sports coupe" not having a cruise control.

Divexxtreme
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:27:31 PM
Oops. E36M3r...I accidentally edited your post, when I meant to reply to it. I was just trying to say that just because you and I disagreed in one thread, doesn't mean we won't agree in others.

Anyway, I edited it and saved it that way and then when I realized my mistake, I couldn't bring back what you originally wrote...so I deleted the entire thing. Man..I'm very sorry about that. That was complete accident. I just hit the wrong key.:banghead:

e36M3r
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 06:34:47 PM
No problem, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Oops. E36M3r...I accidentally edited your post, when I meant to reply to it. I was just trying to say that just because you and I disagreed in one thread, doesn't mean we won't agree in others.

Anyway, I edited it and saved it that way and then when I realized my mistake, I couldn't bring back what you originally wrote...so I deleted the entire thing. Man..I'm very sorry about that. That was complete accident. I just hit the wrong key.:banghead:

fcboarder1
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 07:58:30 PM
im not trying to compare an e55 and an m3. im just saying this car is far from an all out track car out of the box, so dont hate on people not wanting options. people want luxury and performance out of these cars, much like the e55. Its one thing if you bring your car to the track every weekend, but its another if you just want sporty feel and comforts at the same time. The reason for having a zcp M3 rather than a stock M3 is the same as people wanting a stock M3 instead of getting a 330. Its still not a full out track car but its pretty well setup in stock form. Plus since its oem its all underwarranty. So when everyones like you coulda spent the 4k better in mods, well some people want the warranty as well. Plus the zcp just looks sweet, esp the new color, IB

Drifter
Sun, Jan-23-2005, 08:51:14 PM
Let me guess....your salesman told you that right? :rofl2:

Sales women from what he tells.

And some may not care if you ordered it or not, come back when you got it.