Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Will aftermarket Headers Void warranty on our motors?

CarbonBlkM3
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 10:35:47 PM
I bought Supersprint headers and i'm planning to have it installed along with exhaust in the spring time . Will the dealership void the warranty if i'm running headers?

Nixlimited
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 10:44:55 PM
Nope. Look up the Magnasson-Moss act and enlighten yourself on the actual legality of voiding waranties. Basically, if the part doesn't directly cause the failure of another OEM part, then they cannot deny a waranty claim.

CarbonBlkM3
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 10:46:53 PM
cool, thanx

dejablu311
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 10:50:05 PM
Nope. Look up the Magnasson-Moss act and enlighten yourself on the actual legality of voiding waranties. Basically, if the part doesn't directly cause the failure of another OEM part, then they cannot deny a waranty claim.

wow. and all these years i have been worrying about this. :banghead:

Rob's Archive
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:07:10 AM
well, they will attempt if you ever have issues for the simple fact that the 02 sensors run off the headers and all, and if the car runs lean (as they are prone to with headers) you run the risk of...dare i say it....

make sure you have the software for the car and such issues should not arise.

qqbennyqq
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 01:36:59 AM
sorry for the hijack, but can they void your warantee/free maintnence on clutch replace if you install SSK?

MaNaWaR
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 02:49:46 AM
sorry for the hijack, but can they void your warantee/free maintnence on clutch replace if you install SSK?
not unless they can prove that that part did it :thumbsup:

ARH1956
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 03:21:47 AM
not unless they can prove that that part did it :thumbsup:Yeah, that sounds good, it's just not how it always works. If a dealership rejects a warranty claim for any reason & BMWNA agrees, MossMag... isn't going to get your car fixed without an expensive legal battle. Guess who has access to the better lawyers, you or BMW?

Fastdog911
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 02:32:23 PM
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm#Magnuson-Moss

spartacus700
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 04:09:53 PM
True... and they know mpst people don't have the endurance or will to handle the hassle factor for months...

Yeah, that sounds good, it's just not how it always works. If a dealership rejects a warranty claim for any reason & BMWNA agrees, MossMag... isn't going to get your car fixed without an expensive legal battle. Guess who has access to the better lawyers, you or BMW?