Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : jtappen, where did you get the supercharger for your E30 M3?

Michelangelo
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 04:27:12 PM
Hey, from your signature, I just wonder where you got your supercharger for your E30 M3 and what is the brand of the blower. Thanks.

jtappan
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 05:24:26 AM
Hey, from your signature, I just wonder where you got your supercharger for your E30 M3 and what is the brand of the blower. Thanks.

It came with the car. The previous owner purchased it from European Racing Technologies (ERT) for $5,995 back in 1997. I believe they have since went out of business.

The blower is a Vortech. In current configuration it puts out a max of 6psi at 7k RPM. I am still running stock internals so anymore than that would potentially compromise the motor.

Michelangelo
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 03:28:35 PM
Thanks! So, it's a centrifugal one or root-type (I guess it's centrifugal. Even G-Power uses centrifugal for modern Bimmer, and compared with root-type, centrifugal one have working characteristics for mid to high rpm, then the whole machine would remain pretty much like high rev NA engine characteristics)? Anyway, Bimmer is not for absolute power. It should be the combinatioin and balance of responsive handling and juicy power output. Consider the ~2700lbs weight, 250-300hp would be pretty much enough for a road going E30 M3. More than that? I think you'd better save your car on tracks or get a supercar directly.

jtappan
Mon, Jan-24-2005, 09:51:38 PM
Consider the ~2700lbs weight, 250-300hp would be pretty much enough for a road going E30 M3.

I agree with you. The car is not slow by any stretch. It is currently putting down a reliable 250hp to the wheels. Off the line it is a dead heat with my friends 95 M3, but after about 60 I catch him and then slowly walk away. On the track it is a completely different story. With the outstanding grip levels and power I walk away from the first corner. My friends with modded E36/E46 M3's can't believe how badly I beat them at Infineon, but at Laguna and ThunderHill it is a little closer.