Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : power seats or manual

dt15
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 12:54:41 AM
hey guys,
can you help me figure out which seats i will be getting? i ordered a 2005 m3 with ONLY the following 3 options:
1. zcp
2. xenons
3. harmon/kardon

will i be getting the power seats or manual?

thanks,

dt15

BMW F1
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 12:57:31 AM
TOTALLY unsure what you may or could be getting.
The only real way you are going to be able to find out 100% sure is give you know who a call.

Let us know.
Adam.

daytonaviolet
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 01:02:56 AM
dont the power seats come with premium package? anycase if you didnt order them, perhaps you wont get them.

DaBean
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 01:13:30 AM
I don't think you will have them
They come either as a standalone option, or as part of the premium package. Nowhere else

Divexxtreme
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 01:19:07 AM
As has been said, they are either a PP option...or stand-alone option. You won't be getting them unless you ordered them one of those two ways. Nor will be getting the width-lumbar adjust or heated seats.

hey guys,
can you help me figure out which seats i will be getting? i ordered a 2005 m3 with ONLY the following 3 options:
1. zcp
2. xenons
3. harmon/kardon

thanks,

dt15

e36M3r
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 02:35:53 AM
Yep, this is correct, "no power seats for you"!! :chair:

As has been said, they are either a PP option...or stand-alone option. You won't be getting them unless you ordered them one of those two ways. Nor will be getting the width-lumbar adjust or heated seats.

BattleWagon
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 03:40:31 AM
Yep, this is correct, "no power seats for you"!! :chair:

Not a big deal if you are the only one driving the car, although you lose that micro adjustment capability. But on the positive side, your car will be a few pounds lighter.

Resale value will suffer some for no power seats but the ZCP will more than make up for that.

Will ZCPM3
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 03:44:15 AM
Not a big deal if you are the only one driving the car, although you lose that micro adjustment capability. But on the positive side, your car will be a few pounds lighter.

Resale value will suffer some for no power seats but the ZCP will more than make up for that.

indeed i think they are like 50 pounds a peice

SpecialK
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 03:49:31 AM
They required in the Cold WX package too.

Fly'n DuthhMan
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 03:51:58 AM
hey guys,
1. zcp
2. xenons
3. harmon/kardon

thanks,

dt15

Skip the HK, spend that money on an aftermarket system. There isn't alot of differencein weight between manual and power seat. However the manual seats do lower further down the the power seats for more headroom with a helmet.

Obioban
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 05:55:46 AM
I didn't get power seats on my first one but I am this time around. I didn't mind them at all but I was getting so sick of explaining to people how to use them...

M3_POWER
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 06:25:42 AM
I plan on keeping my M3 untill it falls apart (plan on tracking it quite a bit too) so I think manual would be the way to go. Also power seats might have complications down the road.

Fastdog911
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 06:43:05 AM
DONT buy the HK... use that money on a good mod or towards a real good sound system. Ideal would be a stereo delete package. Not having all the wires etc... would be a clean way to start a new system. Buy the seats and cold weather package.

Army Chief
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 07:49:10 AM
The options you have selected will not add power seats to your car. The downside to this is that you cannot get the width adjustable backrests. The upside is that your seats will be lighter, simpler, less prone to problems, and offer a somewhat greater range of motion -- depending on who you talk to.

Personally, I had manual seats on a prior M5 and loved them, so I intentionally went with them in my M3. I don't have multiple drivers to consider (i.e. the need to make a lot of seat adjustments), so for me it was a natural choice that I would make again and again. Why add weight and complexity to a car set up for track use (ZCP)?

As an aside, unless you plan on spending $3,000+ on a stereo upgrade, the harmon kardon is a good option for the money. It isn't going to compare with a full custom setup, but then, it isn't intended to do that. I've been pleased with it, and grow weary of seeing it maligned without cause. Put simply, for the same $675, there isn't a darned thing that you can do to equal the OEM sound system with hk, and if I wanted to spend thousands more on audio components, I'd put in into my home system -- not my car. The real music in this machine comes from the engine compartment, anyway.

Chief

fmk
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 12:27:04 AM
i have manual seats and cant really say which one i like better (manual vs. power). but yeah, its a pain in the neck to explain to people how to adjust the manual seats.. :chair:

flabmaster
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 12:33:03 AM
You're definitely not getting power seats, but I'll be different and I'll say go and add them. Stock manual seats don't offer enough side support whereas the power seats (if you get them with power side bolsters) offer plenty.
-Dave

Divexxtreme
Sat, Jan-22-2005, 12:34:29 AM
The "weight issue" isn't really an issue. The full leather/heated/power seats only weigh 6 lbs more than the cloth/manual seats (63 lbs each compared to 57 lbs each). So it makes a lot sense to get power seats for resale, since the extra weight is nothing.

If you're worried about weight in a new M3, there are really only 2 options that actually make a significant impact: The 45 lb moonroof or going with a convertible. Everything else is negligible IRT weight and can be easily justified by it's worth in resale.

indeed i think they are like 50 pounds a peice