Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Another Happy Stebro Section 1 Buyer (From Thai)

HCF
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 09:28:08 PM
I ordered the Stebro Section 1 from Thai (gixxer_kidd) a few weeks back. It arrived neatly packaged about 5 days later. Thai's customer service was absolutely great. I got the part installed today. The shop told me the install was very easy and the pipe fit well.

As everyone else has stated, the rasp is gone. It also lessens the volume of the exhaust as a result. I put a Dinan exhaust on my car about a month ago. It made the rasp really pronounced and the car was actually a bit loud for my taste for a daily driver. With the Stebro, it now sounds perfect. It sounds great inside and out. So for $500, the Stebro is an excellent choice.

Beach_Bum
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 09:31:53 PM
Congrats! I'm in line for the next batch of them. I can't wait! :beer:

daytonaviolet
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 09:49:58 PM
http://members.cox.net/morpheus91/images/icons/worthless.gif

HCF
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 10:08:07 PM
http://members.cox.net/morpheus91/images/icons/worthless.gif

LOL. I thought someone would say that when I was writing the post. But others have posted pictures of the pipe, and mine looks exactly the same. It's not really much to look at, but it seemed very well constructed and it fit in very easy. It's made of 304 stainless steel (the steel grade is posted on the pipe itself).

Rez
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 10:31:13 PM
Then post some sound clips. :thumbsup:

spartacus700
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 11:21:26 PM
Rasp is gone, but I would bet big cheese that you may have also choked-off some hp...

I ordered the Stebro Section 1 from Thai (gixxer_kidd) a few weeks back. It arrived neatly packaged about 5 days later. Thai's customer service was absolutely great. I got the part installed today. The shop told me the install was very easy and the pipe fit well.

As everyone else has stated, the rasp is gone. It also lessens the volume of the exhaust as a result. I put a Dinan exhaust on my car about a month ago. It made the rasp really pronounced and the car was actually a bit loud for my taste for a daily driver. With the Stebro, it now sounds perfect. It sounds great inside and out. So for $500, the Stebro is an excellent choice.

HCF
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 11:40:39 PM
Rasp is gone, but I would bet big cheese that you may have also choked-off some hp...

I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't feel like it. Also, Stebro has been around for about 50 years and they make high end exhausts (mostly Ferrari I think). They pride themselves on sound and flow and have a good reputation for those qualities (although a not-so-good reputation for customer service, which is why it was great to have Thai as an intermediary). So I would doubt that they would engineer the pipe in a way that impeded flow.

whitee46m3
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 12:45:15 AM
nice....i just got mine installed couple days ago and no fitting issue at all, cant wait to go in to test it out......i think i am going tomorrow....hey Fern, wanna go with me so u can check it out too in person?

daytonaviolet
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 12:58:29 AM
nice....i just got mine installed couple days ago and no fitting issue at all, cant wait to go in to test it out......i think i am going tomorrow....hey Fern, wanna go with me so u can check it out too in person?

yo jeff,

when and where? let me know... http://members.cox.net/morpheus91/images/icons/splooge.gif

1stfidelity
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 05:33:49 AM
i bought his front spolier acs lip with molded air ducts, flippers, section 1, pullies, eyelids, shaved door lock. He is a great guy.. will post pics soon! :beer:

gixxer_kidd
Thu, Feb-10-2005, 04:51:57 AM
Glad you're all happy with your purchases. :thumbsup: