Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Disarming alarm through doorlock...

02TiAgM3
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 09:46:17 PM
I just received word from my dealer that I cannot reprogram the alarm to stay armed when I open the door with the key. They told me "BMW programmed it that way and we can't do anything about it." How else can I tell them that it CAN be done?
TIA

Need4Spd
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 12:06:16 AM
That's not what I understand. They can program the alarm so that it only can be turned on and off by the key remote. There should be a list of options on the pre-delivery check list on that (along with such things as whether you want daylight running lights or not). If they do that, then the alarm will go off if you just turn key in the lock to open the door. They will warn you that this "could leave you stranded" if your key "battery" dies, but that's nonsense. All you do then is just let the alarm blast away after opening the lock with the key, and then start the car. The alarm will stop. At least that's how it works w/e39 M5s, and I'll bet e46 M3s work the same way as they use the same system. Maybe the dealer doesn't understand what you're asking him to do. :nixweiss:

///Mears
Thu, Jul-30-2009, 10:59:14 PM
To update on this, went to a local shop and the option to disable the keylock as an alarm disabler is not available for my '02 M3. Mechanic was a former shop forman at BMW dealer and is familiar with this feature on e39's, but it was not available on the check sheet for the e46.

lmtfi
Fri, Jul-31-2009, 12:47:13 AM
Its called "Selective Central Locking".

Read: http://www.bavarianmachine.com/docs/98E46E52E53R50.pdf

///Mears
Fri, Jul-31-2009, 01:14:55 AM
I'm reading through the PDF, and finding the easy entry/selective central locking but nothing in the description of the item references the alarm system arming/disarming. Which specific setting should I instruct the mechanic to program to get what is necessary?
Thanks for the help...

Oldman MZ3
Fri, Jul-31-2009, 01:23:37 AM
There are two parts to programing, key and car memory.Key memory is the remote part and car is lock and unlock from the the door. Have them go and check. Both can be activated.

///Mears
Fri, Jul-31-2009, 01:50:23 AM
ok, so the selective central locking being active (looking at the readout sheet from my car in the C column) is what DIS-activates disarming the alarm through the actual locking mechanism?