Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Does the service warrenty cover allignment?

absolutealex
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 02:41:59 PM
I knicked the side of a mountain with my front right tire, I checked for suspension damage, there appears to be none. However, the wheel vibrates about 80 mph and also it pulls to the right. So, I'm pretty sure my allignment got thrown off, do you guys know if it's covered by my service warrenty?

Rev8k
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 03:36:44 PM
FYI...Stealer will fight you tooth and nail to avoid paying for an alignment. Been there, done that...

absolutealex
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 04:13:11 PM
so.... it's a no?

Rev8k
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 04:18:51 PM
Take it in and ask. But don't say you hit anything...

Rated///M
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 02:23:00 AM
No, they don't cover alignment. Covering alignment is like covering tires. It's around $300.

BMW F1
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 04:40:41 AM
Personally I wouldnt be taking it to the Dealership, I have found they have no clue better taking it to the experts, I take mine to Bridgestone who have ppl that know what they are doing especially in the Tyre Business.
Adam.

Beowoulf
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 05:24:00 AM
First the dealer will not cover alignment after the first 1500 miles and they will even fight you within that period.

If you have a vibration you most likely damaged the wheel or by chance knocked off one of the weights used to balance the wheel. There could also be suspension damage that you can't see. A bad alignment will not make the wheel vibrate.

I suggest you take it to a good shop that knows what they are doing with regards to suspension and alignment. I wouldn't waste my time with the dealer.