Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : SkiFi2

RhaceM3
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 01:33:04 PM
Can someone help me out please....

I just wanted to know if any of you have the skifi2 car kit, the little docking thing. If so, can I see some pics of how you mounted it/ where did you mount it

also, where did you put that ugly @$$ antenna! I don't want that thing on the outside of my car, but I gotta listen to my 101 The Joint inside.

TexM3
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 10:00:59 PM
Can someone help me out please....

I just wanted to know if any of you have the skifi2 car kit, the little docking thing. If so, can I see some pics of how you mounted it/ where did you mount it

also, where did you put that ugly @$$ antenna! I don't want that thing on the outside of my car, but I gotta listen to my 101 The Joint inside.

It's the first gen. skifi

Telerding
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 11:23:03 PM
I have the XM Direct, which integrates with the stock radio. But to answer your question on the antenna, I put it on the package shelf at the rear middle of the shelf. I put a steel tab under the bolt that sits in that position. Then I put the magnetic mount antenna on the tab, and routed the antenna wire to the trunk.

It works great, no problem at all. Never seems to drop out, rain or shine, or direction of the car.

Good luck.

RhaceM3
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 11:52:08 PM
I have the XM Direct, which integrates with the stock radio. But to answer your question on the antenna, I put it on the package shelf at the rear middle of the shelf. I put a steel tab under the bolt that sits in that position. Then I put the magnetic mount antenna on the tab, and routed the antenna wire to the trunk.

It works great, no problem at all. Never seems to drop out, rain or shine, or direction of the car.

Good luck.

thanks but i dont quite follow, i dont know what the package sheld at the rear middle of the shelf is, can i get some pictures please?

Telerding
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 12:01:03 AM
Package shelf is behind the rear seat, under the rear window. It has, at least on my '04 M3, three bolts, one on passenger's side, one in the middle, and one on the driver's side. I think the bolts are there to allow you to attach child's seats in the rear seat.