Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Help: front wheel strange noise???

Tiago
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 12:46:31 PM
My car makes some strange noises when i turn to right in the front wheel of the left side. What is more odd is that when the engine is cold (specially in the morning) the noise is louder and it appears sooner when i turn the wheel. The more hard i turn, the more louder is the noise. The noise it seems the same noise that the traction control makes in the brakes. I went to BMW and they replace a "rolling of the wheel" (and don't know if this is the correct name) because the wheel it seemed a little loose from the axle. But it didnīt solve the noise :banghead: and i paid the service and kept with the same problem :chair: .
I already checked under the fender and there is no mark of rubbing issue.

I think that this could be due 2 things:

1. Once i have Evo pullies, the power steering pulie don't provide enough oil when the engine is in neutral, because when the engine is at lower rpm the bigger Evo pulley don't have the enough rpm for the power steering pump work properly. With the time it could damage the steering pump.

2. It could be a suspension problem. I have PSS9 as it is in the lower set as possible, as you can see in my pics. I hit some hard bumps in the street. It could damege the suspension b/c it is so low and it don't absorve the bumps properly.

Could anyone help me?

hpimola
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 05:01:28 PM
i had the same prob, for me it was just the rotor shield on the back of the rotor. push it away from your rotor, b/c when you turn the rotor will flex enough to rub and cause a grinding noise. this fixed my prob, hope it helps

hp

Tiago
Wed, Jan-19-2005, 08:24:08 PM
i had the same prob, for me it was just the rotor shield on the back of the rotor. push it away from your rotor, b/c when you turn the rotor will flex enough to rub and cause a grinding noise. this fixed my prob, hope it helps

hp

Thanks, i will see that tomorrow :thumbsup:

BMW F1
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 05:48:13 AM
Thanks for the advice hpimola and let us know how you go Tiago.
Adam.

Tiago
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 09:57:31 PM
Thanks for the advice hpimola and let us know how you go Tiago.
Adam.

The problem of the wheel is fixed. It was the level of oil of the steering wheel pump that was below the minimum. Back to normal. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sirius
Fri, Jan-21-2005, 10:41:58 PM
Nice. :thumbsup: