Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Anybody know a good shop in Norfolk, VA?

jkcousins
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 05:30:59 AM
We've got a 2001 Z3 that is about to go out of warranty. Anyone know a reputable garage in the Tidewater area to get service and any needed repairs?

Thanks!

Deep Sea M3
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 10:36:29 AM
Two reputable places here that I know of. Atlantic Autowerks on Virginia Beach Blvd and Sports and Imports in Chesapeake. Both run a car in the circuit. Mike at Sports and Imports specializes in the E36 M3 but has the knowledge for the E46 as well. 757-545-9393. Never had work done at AA but they come highly recommended from a fellow M3 owner near me whom is heavily modded. Curry Auto is up in Sterling VA and is the authorized rep to install Eurobahn SW if you're interested. As for the dealer, Checkered Flag has been awesome as has been Casey up off J Clyde Morris Blvd in Newport News so we're lucky in that respect considering the horror stories I've heard regarding dealers.

Divexxtreme
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 02:22:51 PM
Go to Atlantic Autowerks or Checkered Flag BMW. They are good, honest guys. From personal experience, as well as what I've heard from others, I wouldn't recommend Mike at Sports and Imports or Curry's. Never heard anything positive or negative about Casey.

jkcousins
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 04:01:14 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out!

SpecialK
Thu, Jan-06-2005, 03:19:24 AM
No problems with Sports and Imports on an SSK install, Currys is the authorized Eurobahn SW dealer so you may want to keep them in your hip pocket should you want to do that install. Not sure if the others can do it. Trying Atlantic Autowerks next job (UDPs) to test them out but have heard nothing but good about Bob. Checkered Flag I have had nothing short of stellar service and customer treatment. Casey BMW is on J Clyde Morris. Bought my car from them but because of their location I use CF. There is a shop in VB across from the courthouse called . . . Courthouse Imports. The Tidewater Chapter of BMW CCA holds tech sessions there quite a bit so that is another option for you.