Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : clear bra install in Birmingham?

Bikeman
Sat, Jan-01-2005, 06:23:54 AM
Any chance anyone has a good referral to install my clear bra. I'm so sick of tom williams that I just can't bring myself to have them do it. FWIW they quoted $675 for hood, mirrors and fogs. How does that sound?

speedking
Sun, Jan-02-2005, 08:04:39 AM
Paid $950 for mine and they covered my entire hood. My clearbra guys are mobile, so you could give them a call and see if they travel out to your area - sales@premiermobilegroup.com They come highly recommended by myself, ferrarichat and porsche owners.

Any chance anyone has a good referral to install my clear bra. I'm so sick of tom williams that I just can't bring myself to have them do it. FWIW they quoted $675 for hood, mirrors and fogs. How does that sound?

Blue///M3
Mon, Jan-03-2005, 07:58:52 PM
Tom Williams is teh ****. Don't waste any more of your time or money with them. Check with some of the tint shops or customizers (LA Extreme on 280 may do it)
I would get a clear bra but the front of my E36 is too beat up already. I'll do it if I get a repaint. Good luck and maybe I'll see you around.

wickedms
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 04:32:46 AM
where or how do i get of hold of LA Extreme?

Blue///M3
Wed, Jan-05-2005, 03:12:44 PM
Don't know a phone number (not in the phone book yet since they are new) but the shop is on Hwy 280 in Inverness section of Brimingham. Go South on 280 from I-459 and it will be on the left about 3 or 4 miles. It is just after Superior grill and right before Home Depot. It used to be the Peach's Paint and Body shop.

where or how do i get of hold of LA Extreme?

aldouschiu
Fri, Jan-07-2005, 12:04:38 AM
Where did you go to install your clear bra? I live in birmingham alabama as well. I am looking for a good professional installer. I know there is big difference good and bad one.

Bikeman
Fri, Jan-07-2005, 11:58:26 AM
Where did you go to install your clear bra? I live in birmingham alabama as well. I am looking for a good professional installer. I know there is big difference good and bad one.

I haven't done so yet - was going to try a tint shop I know of on 78 just as you get into forestdale. I know those guys have been doing it forever, and I wanted a light tint too. I feel sure they can save me a couple hundred off williams' price. I may try to jet out there saturday to get a price and a feel for them.

I may also ask Jimmy over at Anthony's in vestavia, I know he knows detailing.

Any of you guys in Bham please e-mail me direct, I'd love to A: see what sound system upgrades you've done and would love to see what springs and shocks feel like. I've thought about them for lessening the body roll, but want to make sure it wouldn't make the car ride like the last car I put Koni's on.

Thanks! - Bikeman@InLine.com

Blue///M3
Fri, Jan-07-2005, 03:25:48 PM
You got mail

I haven't done so yet - was going to try a tint shop I know of on 78 just as you get into forestdale. I know those guys have been doing it forever, and I wanted a light tint too. I feel sure they can save me a couple hundred off williams' price. I may try to jet out there saturday to get a price and a feel for them.

Any of you guys in Bham please e-mail me direct, I'd love to A: see what sound system upgrades you've done and would love to see what springs and shocks feel like. I've thought about them for lessening the body roll, but want to make sure it wouldn't make the car ride like the last car I put Koni's on.

aldouschiu
Sat, Jan-08-2005, 01:55:55 AM

I am going to do it in Slick Finish at downtown on Monday. Will let you guys know the outcome. He's 3M certified installer.

Pianoman90
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 01:09:45 AM
Don't know if you're still interested, but you should try Munich Sport (205-620-6007). Jack and Matt are some great guys and they do most of my work. Give them a call sometime.

Blue///M3
Thu, Jan-20-2005, 03:39:25 PM
Agreed! They'll give you the best price and service around. They don't have the ability to do tints or clear bras but suspension, performance and maintenance, they are the way to go!

Don't know if you're still interested, but you should try Munich Sport (205-620-6007). Jack and Matt are some great guys and they do most of my work. Give them a call sometime.