Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Drove The Dragon Today

SnowmanM3Vert
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 12:19:37 AM
My son and I took the M to the twisties today. I was pleasantly suprised with the performance of my new precision German made toy!

I could give most motorcycles more action than they wanted in my Z06, I think the M will do the same after the 1200 mile service.

I (for the most part) limited the revs at 5500-6000 with a few exceptions. I have just over 600 miles on it now, didn't push it too hard. Some "plowing" was noted when I took some of the turns a bit too fast. I think it was the cold road that caused it though.

My Alpine White M3 Cab is now covered with brake and rubber dust, looks pretty good even dusty!

What a great car! I don't regret my trading the Z at all!

:beer:

Tom

pastor
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 03:19:05 AM
hello, I'm in Tallahassee

SnowmanM3Vert
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 04:01:38 AM
hello, I'm in Tallahassee

Hello Pastor! You would really enjoy the Dragon! Come on up sometime!!

Luke WL.
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 07:31:18 AM
In the summer I live about 20 mins from it...last year I was gunna bring my old s/c 325i but it was WAY too low to drive arround there but this year im gunna bring my ///m

SnowmanM3Vert
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 01:06:37 PM
In the summer I live about 20 mins from it...last year I was gunna bring my old s/c 325i but it was WAY too low to drive arround there but this year im gunna bring my ///m

Luke,

I look forward to meeting you this summer! I really enjoy the Smokey Mountains!

As you know, we just need to be extra careful on the weekends!!

Tom

Luke WL.
Tue, Dec-28-2004, 09:25:25 PM
Tom
I usually go up there arround about june 15th untill september 20th, ill definately get in touch with you before I go. Last year I had a little beat up old jeep wrangler to drive arround there and it was still fun, i cant wait to see what its like ina proper sports car! Ill make sure to have my coils and sways on before then!

Luke

White1995M3
Tue, Jan-18-2005, 04:36:04 AM
I haven't been to the dragon but have heard plenty about it. Me and my friend are going to go up there soon hopefully after I get my springs put on.

dejablu311
Tue, Jan-18-2005, 05:08:41 AM
I have heard about this a few time now. What is the dragon?

SnowmanM3Vert
Tue, Jan-18-2005, 05:57:35 AM
I have heard about this a few time now. What is the dragon?

www.tailofthedragon.com

It's 318 turns in an eleven mile stretch from TN to NC.

Lot's of fun to drive in good weather and when ther are not too many people on it.

dejablu311
Tue, Jan-18-2005, 08:35:26 AM
www.tailofthedragon.com

Lot's of fun to drive in good weather and when ther are not too many people on it.

awsome. i'll have to look into that.

shim
Tue, Jan-18-2005, 01:20:16 PM
awsome. i'll have to look into that.

yea, same here, i never knew about that route. maybe we could do a meetup this summer and cruise the dragon?? :nixweiss:

jimmypM3
Tue, Feb-01-2005, 01:53:37 AM
www.tailofthedragon.com

I live in Bristol and take the Alpine White SMG to the dragon quite often. Send me a email next time you go and maybe we can do a run or two.

jimmypM3
Tue, Feb-01-2005, 01:56:40 AM
I live in Bristol and take the Alpine White SMG to the dragon quite often. Send me a email next time you go and maybe we can do a run or two.

Anytime anyone wants to meet up and do the dragon just give me a call. I love to take either the bike or the M3 to the dragon. Weekends are typically bike days since bikes outnumber cars 10:1. During the week or late evenings you can have the entire road to yourself. Along with www.tailofthedragon.com you can check out www.killboy.com. He takes pictures just about every weekend of all the cars and bikes. My M3 is in there if you look real hard.

M Bushy
Sun, Feb-20-2005, 09:46:12 PM
Ditto that ! Anytime yall want to run up there email me at hktactical@gmail.com. I am ALWAYS down for a run. Snowman, How long have you had your M, and are you around west knoxville, im always keeping an eye out for fellow Msters. -Bushy

bluestreak
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 03:08:22 PM
Im gonna be up there in may with when the Z's and G's are up there. Its a weekend event and you get to run the dragon a few times and they have dynoing and shows and all that. You should come out so I wont be the only bimmer up there.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43410&highlight=tail+dragon

dejablu311
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 05:18:06 PM
whats the actual name of the road? i want to look it up on a map.

M Bushy
Mon, Feb-21-2005, 05:45:50 PM
129 near the North carolina border w/Tennessee