Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Yesssss, 13.2 at 104 Last Night

GiveMeAnM3
Sat, Dec-18-2004, 02:54:31 PM
Subject says it all! New best for me last night at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. Only mods SS pipes and muffler, otherwise stock.

First run the best of all, 60' 1.9 sec, against my buddies new Cobra (his best run also) with the advantage going to //M power. I know, he is still learing to drive that beast. Even though I crossed the line first, his slip was 13.1 at 108 I beleive...

Hopefully, I can get Joel to install the Eurobahn sw today!!!

Teso
Sat, Dec-18-2004, 04:51:22 PM
Nice time. Did you use LC or just mashed the pedal? Once Joel installs the SW, make sure and go back to the track and post times.

Divexxtreme
Sat, Dec-18-2004, 04:53:44 PM
Good job bro.:thumbsup:

GiveMeAnM3
Sat, Dec-18-2004, 05:11:23 PM
Used LC only. Tried burnout mode when it was stock...totally useless for me at the track. I've got to learn the feather-method.

LC when the car was stock only caused it to bog out of the hole. After the mods (and the cooler air), normal LC last night was breaking them loose at ease. And that's even letting the rears down to about 24 psi!

Once I get the SW, and learn how to get SMG to hook up, I am going to be really pleased with this car. Then it will be time to take on the twisties...

gnk2727
Sat, Dec-18-2004, 05:54:33 PM
Nice runs..... Theres always room for improvement :D

04tytaniumsylvr
Sun, Dec-19-2004, 11:33:34 AM
Nice run... :beer:

I still haven't taken mine yet.

BMW F1
Sun, Dec-19-2004, 12:34:51 PM
Well done, Im sure there will only be improvement in the future. Would be fantastic if you crack the 12's....

نسيم هودج
Sun, Dec-19-2004, 10:27:44 PM
The car should perform well. The weather has been pretty pleasant "cool" down here in Houston. I've been down here on business since the 8th. Good luck with your next runs.

GiveMeAnM3
Mon, Dec-20-2004, 12:42:16 AM
The car should perform well. The weather has been pretty pleasant "cool" down here in Houston. I've been down here on business since the 8th. Good luck with your next runs.

I guess your ///M is still in AL? How long will you be in H-town? Next run will be after the Eurobahn software is installed this week. So if your still around...

نسيم هودج
Mon, Dec-20-2004, 02:48:45 AM
No the M is on the way to California from Germany for some "Moddin". I will be here maybe for another week or so. By the way how far is Joels shop from here? I want to go out and take a look since I'm this close. Plus they have us over in the "Ghetto" from what I understand. I'm staying in the Marriott at Greenspoint. It doesn't seem to bad then again I dont just walk around on the streets of Houston.

GiveMeAnM3
Mon, Dec-20-2004, 05:59:54 AM
No the M is on the way to California from Germany for some "Moddin". I will be here maybe for another week or so. By the way how far is Joels shop from here? I want to go out and take a look since I'm this close. Plus they have us over in the "Ghetto" from what I understand. I'm staying in the Marriott at Greenspoint. It doesn't seem to bad then again I dont just walk around on the streets of Houston.

Greenspoint, aka, "Gunspoint". I don't think it is as bad as it once was. Actually, you are pretty close to BHS, about 15 mins. From your hotel, jump on the Beltway heading east, take the Hardy Toll Road exit, head north on Hardy, take a right on FM 1960, after you pass the intersection with Aldine-Westfield Rd., look for the shop to your left.

نسيم هودج
Mon, Dec-20-2004, 03:14:03 PM
Thanks man that's awesome. I thought it was further away.