Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : carwash, anyone?

nuc1
Sun, Dec-05-2004, 05:07:33 PM
So I go to wash the car this morning at the apt complex. The normal spot is missing the hose; hardly unusual as someone runs it over about once a week. Go to the other place and the hose is missing there, too, and has a lock on the faucet. Is this a northern thing for winter? (I'm from S. Floirda).

So, does anyone no where there is a DIY carwash in the Alexandria/Arlington/DC area? I'm pretty anal about the car; no one else touches it (even the dealer).

TIA,
Mike

vrsixer
Mon, Dec-06-2004, 02:16:38 PM
I moved up to Northern Va about 5 years ago and haven't found a good DIY car wash, any where! I saw one that was pretty ghetto (only for one car, short hose, and always a line). I've resorted to go through the gas station car wash. :banghead: But my paint has some scratches, so I'm not that worried about it.

nuc1
Mon, Dec-06-2004, 08:27:49 PM
Thanks for the info; the only one I saw was down in MD near Waldorf (hellava drive to wash the car!).Thought there might be one closer?

Mike

ddreyfu
Mon, Dec-06-2004, 10:16:50 PM
I feel your pain. My apt complex turned the water off 2 weeks ago. Keep in mind my M3 is only 4 weeks old.....I was PISSED!!!!

I haven't come accross a DIY car wash, there is a place by my work that does it hand and it always looks great.

The place is called 7 Car Wash and its in Reston / Herndon.

zivilyn861
Sun, Mar-06-2005, 08:48:21 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread from the dead... but I just had to bump it. The water source I used to use for my car isn't working anymore, so if anyone has any other DIY options in the NOVA area, I'd love to hear them. :D

Mpassioned
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 09:19:33 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread from the dead... but I just had to bump it. The water source I used to use for my car isn't working anymore, so if anyone has any other DIY options in the NOVA area, I'd love to hear them. :D

The only ones I know of are by Fairfax Circle at Blake and 29, and off 28 in Manassas. Coin operated. Might check Leesburg.

zivilyn861
Tue, Mar-08-2005, 12:11:34 PM
The only ones I know of are by Fairfax Circle at Blake and 29, and off 28 in Manassas. Coin operated. Might check Leesburg.

Thanks a lot! :) I'll check those out.