Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Drag Racing This Thursday?..need help to win?

DR.ACEM3
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 08:24:49 PM
Hello guys,
i will be drag racing in bahrain international circuit the day after tomorrow :dance: ,i never did that in a pro. aspect :smiley_ab so i need help to win this thing.Anything that will help me do a good quarter mile will be big time appreciated :bow: .My car aspects are down there and i have 245/35fr 275/30rr.

Big Thanks to all that will help. :thumbsup:

Rob's Archive
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 09:01:30 PM
just use launch control and just be careful not to shift to late else you will bump the rev limiter..its pretty easy.

Irrenarzt
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 09:17:23 PM
Take out the amp and woofer for lower weight. In fact, take everything not necessary out.

daytonaviolet
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 09:20:20 PM
Hello guys,
i will be drag racing in bahrain international circuit the day after tomorrow :dance: ,i never did that in a pro. aspect :smiley_ab so i need help to win this thing.Anything that will help me do a good quarter mile will be big time appreciated :bow: .My car aspects are down there and i have 245/35fr 275/30rr.

how heavy is that hard top? perhaps you can run with just the soft top? :wave:

HypT
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 09:21:49 PM
Definately take off the hard top!!

Rob's Archive
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 09:24:49 PM
Dr. Ace..if you are interested in Brakes by the way, deal with Discovery auto..they are one of the few sponsors on the board that have delt with bahrain before.

derryck
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 10:13:24 PM
You will need to deflate your tires some too.

prvtartnet
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 01:26:34 AM
Inflate front tires to 40 lbs. Run the rears at 34-35.

ArtM3
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 01:32:45 AM
Hello guys,

read every thing mathews has posted, it's a primer in drag racing

lsbm3guy
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 05:42:27 AM
launch is the key

prvtartnet
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 05:51:40 AM
launch is the key

This is so true. Executing a good burnout. Running up to the line, staging your front tires to the sensors, and getting yourself ready mentally is the key. It is a lot harder than you think.

The mental side is as important as anything else. Be calm, methodical, and focused. it is so damm much fun I can't wait for the next meet.

The only thing comparable is your tee shot on the first hole. I love it. :beer:

Sirius
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 06:26:38 AM

I really don't like that because most of my 1st hole tee shots end up in the adjoining fairway.. which means I would end up in the stands at the drags.... :\

DR.ACEM3
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 08:24:43 PM
Shell i warm up my tires before i drag by burn out over water? and if i should do that?!how?!..i tried the warm up by burn mode of the smg but after that the SMG light came on at the proper launch??!! put in mind my launch is up to 3.7 not 1.8...!!! help help tomorrow is the day....

Nixlimited
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 08:56:08 PM
This is so true. Executing a good burnout. Running up to the line, staging your front tires to the sensors, and getting yourself ready mentally is the key. It is a lot harder than you think.

The mental side is as important as anything else. Be calm, methodical, and focused. it is so damm much fun I can't wait for the next meet.

Yeah, I cannot agree more. Staging first is a big advantage in my opinion. I was nice enough to wait and let the SMG guys stage first when I was racing since I know it take a second to get the car ready for LC.

Mash3
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 09:30:01 PM
Shell i warm up my tires before i drag by burn out over water? and if i should do that?!how?!..i tried the warm up by burn mode of the smg but after that the SMG light came on at the proper launch??!! put in mind my launch is up to 3.7 not 1.8...!!! help help tomorrow is the day....

I've asked this question twice now on this board and have gotten no responses. It would be nice to know what is the best procedure for SMG cars in this regard, but know one here seems willing to help. or maybe it's nothing to worry about...

M3@NYC
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 09:49:28 PM
Then you should be golden.

Nixlimited
Wed, Nov-17-2004, 11:55:00 PM
I've asked this question twice now on this board and have gotten no responses. It would be nice to know what is the best procedure for SMG cars in this regard, but know one here seems willing to help. or maybe it's nothing to worry about...

You really don't have much of an option since there is no way to get a prolonged burnout with smg (that I know of). Try doing burnout mode (if you still have that) in the water pit. Heating the tires definitely helps with traction.

Mash3
Thu, Nov-18-2004, 12:40:40 AM
You really don't have much of an option since there is no way to get a prolonged burnout with smg (that I know of). Try doing burnout mode (if you still have that) in the water pit. Heating the tires definitely helps with traction.

Thanks Nix. I was just wondering if I could squeeze the brakes after getting the burnout started to keep from rolling forward, or if I'd just better do the best burny I can and leave it at that. I try something at LACR next wednesday, 5pm sharp.

Nixlimited
Thu, Nov-18-2004, 01:44:22 AM
Thanks Nix. I was just wondering if I could squeeze the brakes after getting the burnout started to keep from rolling forward, or if I'd just better do the best burny I can and leave it at that. I try something at LACR next wednesday, 5pm sharp.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's what I do, but I wonder if SMG will disengage the clutch if you try that. If not, then defnitely do that. The closer you can get to a full stop while burning your tires, the better the heating will be. Burn them until you see white smoke then you are good to go.

Mash3
Thu, Nov-18-2004, 07:13:35 AM
Burn them until you see white smoke then you are good to go.

Words to live by! thanks man.

That will be my farewell to those original tires anyway. I want to burn them to shreds before I get some new rubber.

qqbennyqq
Thu, Nov-18-2004, 08:50:54 AM
i thought u dont heat up the tires on normal street tires(it makes it worse)... only drag radials.. someone correct me if im wrong

jorgen
Thu, Nov-18-2004, 09:16:11 AM
But still on normal street tires you'll probably have a lot of stuff sticking to them that needs to be removed before the launch? And that's what the burnout will do for you.

DR.ACEM3
Sat, Nov-20-2004, 05:06:02 PM
back from track.....best time 14.2sec with reaction time 1.6sec ..........got 2nd place with 350Z(highly moded) being first with 13.8.........my road tires gave me a hard time spinnig all the time....my 14.2 was with a normal launch........my best LC time was 15.1.........???

prvtartnet
Sat, Nov-20-2004, 06:25:35 PM
back from track.....best time 14.2sec with reaction time 1.6sec ..........got 2nd place with 350Z(highly moded) being first with 13.8.........my road tires gave me a hard time spinnig all the time....my 14.2 was with a normal launch........my best LC time was 15.1.........???

Not as easy as it looks eh? Reaction time is key. You should be able to get that down nearly a full second with practice. You need to go just as the last yellow light goes out. It sounds like you waited for the green. Other than that, pretty damn respectable.

gnk2727
Sun, Nov-21-2004, 03:16:09 AM
Did you weigh your car? It must have been around 4000 lbs.................

DR.ACEM3
Tue, Nov-23-2004, 12:30:32 PM
So how is my time compared to other M3's??

Greg S
Mon, Nov-29-2004, 10:29:20 PM
Were you bracket racing or just straight out fastest time wins?