Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Multiple Coats, Different Waxes

dskippy888
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 07:28:49 PM
Does anyone know anything about applying multiple coats of two different waxes? I'd like to apply a layer of zymol, and then a layer of Meguiar's clear coat ove wax over it. Has anyone ever done this before? I know this may sound like an idiotic quesetion, but my concern is whether there would be some kind of reaction between two waxes if one is synthetic and the other is natural.

Grimm333
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 08:47:41 PM
a lot of people use two types of waxes...for example...zaino topped with a carnauba wax. i dont think you will run into any problem due to the two waxes being of two defirrent compounds...

SpecialK
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 10:57:59 PM
I use Klasse AIO with P21S over the top. Meguiars detail spray for upkeep.

exceldetail
Thu, Nov-11-2004, 01:39:54 AM
Most *waxes* contain what are called solvent carriers. You can apply one layer, and thats really it. Reason is this: The solvent content in the additional layer will more than likely break down the initial layer. In other words, the second application breaks up the carnauba in the first layer, so you really dont gain anything other than the benefit of equal coverage. Its possible to apply a Polymer product, and top with a carnauba. This is very common with car care enthusiasts today !

SpecialK
Thu, Nov-11-2004, 03:03:26 AM
You can stack layers of polish as with Zaino then top it with a carnuba. Wax over polish, but not polish over wax is a good rule of thumb.Most *waxes* contain what are called solvent carriers. You can apply one layer, and thats really it. Reason is this: The solvent content in the additional layer will more than likely break down the initial layer. In other words, the second application breaks up the carnauba in the first layer, so you really dont gain anything other than the benefit of equal coverage. Its possible to apply a Polymer product, and top with a carnauba. This is very common with car care enthusiasts today !