Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Has anyone used a Hot Pressure Steamer on your leather seats?

Gcompete
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 12:42:23 AM
Hey everyone,
I was watching TV this morning and an infomercial came on advertising this little pressure steam cleaner called the Scunci Steamer. I was amazed at how powerful that little thing was and decided to order it myself. I was wondering if anyone here on this board has used a steamer on their leather seats. After I got my car detailed and it seemed like there was still some dirt on the leather (the people who detailed my car at the car wash tried to convince me it's just the aging of the leather and not dirt on the seat), I want to try it out. The product is advertised mainly to clean like windows, mirrors, outdoor furniture, or even the rims on your car, but I didn't them using it for leather car seats. They did however use it to steam clean some clothes though because they said it disinfects clothes.

Anyways, I'll be getting my Scunci in a couple weeks and may give it a shot. Does anyone know if hot steam will damage car seat leather?

Predator
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 03:44:05 AM
can u steam clean leather ?

M3AN
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 10:45:52 AM
Can you be serious?

Sirius
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 03:57:30 PM
Yes, I think you can steam clean leather. You just have to be very careful about it.

Grimm333
Sun, Nov-07-2004, 08:55:57 PM
Yes, I think you can steam clean leather. You just have to be very careful about it.

umm...i think the leather cleaner works fine...i wouldnt want to risk messing up the leather...

SpecialK
Mon, Nov-08-2004, 12:03:35 AM
Ditto of what Grimm said. If you want soft clean leather, would you steam the cow or oil it? Call it personality if it gets marred, stained, or scuffed.

Sirius
Mon, Nov-08-2004, 03:56:38 AM
I would steam the hell out of that cow, just to hear it go MOOOOO. Or use hot oil. MOO MOO! ;)

SpecialK
Tue, Nov-09-2004, 01:46:56 AM
Just don't steam from immediately behind . . . especially on the bulls. :D Good luck cow poke. I would steam the hell out of that cow, just to hear it go MOOOOO. Or use hot oil. MOO MOO! ;)

Grimm333
Tue, Nov-09-2004, 03:29:03 AM
sirus has an animal fetish...eewww..

just be sure to leathrique your leather...and touch it up frequently...

for example, if you spill some pop on it...wipe it off and when accessible....apply your cleanser to the affected area. it will go a long way...

my seats are IR and are a lot easier to see dust/dirt. They still look brand spankin new. They have been through all four seasons and almost 30k miles...and i have had it for only a year. sure they get dirty but keep attentitive to it...