Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : M3forum Track Day at CMP on Dec.1

Roadrunner
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 12:56:47 AM
any interest here? if we can get enough people, the cost will be minimal. this will be for the whole day....enough sessions to have you exhausted. it would be great to have large group show from M3forum. let me know if interested. :beer:

Grimm333
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 12:58:05 AM
what day...when....and where is CMP....if it is less than 4 hours...i would be down :D

Sirius
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 01:02:12 AM
Where is this at?

SG_M3
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 01:05:31 AM
Carolina Motorsports Park?

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 01:59:40 AM
that would be fun :thumbsup:

Ryun43
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 02:59:30 AM
I would be in esp if we could avoid having it on a Saturday
Ryun

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 03:26:58 AM
I would be in esp if we could avoid having it on a Saturday
Ryun

Looks like 1 December is on Wednesday.

jonam
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 03:46:19 AM
Please notice that this is not just a regional event. We are planning this as a series of formal M3forum events, and this time it will be a first try like pre-test type of thing.
The format of track driving will depend on the number of participants, but if it's around 20 or less, we will most likely run it as an all day open track driving. If more people, it will become more like usual DE.
Upon request, we will be able to give some guidence to the first timer or novice drivers regarding track driving/skill utilizing experienced drivers in the forum or some invited instructors. We will find out more based on the interest you guys show.
In the future (or possibly from this event), it will not be just a track day, but more like M3 meet for not only HPDE, but also other activities involved such as drag racing/clean car contest and much more others at different locations.
We, M3forum staffs cordially invite our members, their family and friends to Carolina Motorsports Park. Hope to see you guys there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockband:
Carolina Motorsports Park (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/)

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 03:51:59 AM
Please notice that this is not just a regional event. We are planning this as a series of formal M3forum events, and this time it will be a first try like pre-test type of thing.
The format of track driving will depend on the number of participants, but if it's around 20 or less, we will most likely run it as an all day open track driving. If more people, it will become more like usual DE.
Upon request, we will be able to give some guidence to the first timer or novice drivers regarding track driving/skill utilizing experienced drivers in the forum or some invited instructors. We will find out more based on the interest you guys show.
In the future (or possibly from this event), it will not be just a track day, but more like M3 meet for not only HPDE, but also other activities involved such as drag racing/clean car contest and much more others at different locations.
We, M3forum staffs cordially invite our members, their family and friends to Carolina Motorsports Park. Hope to see you guys there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rockband:
Carolina Motorsports Park (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/)

cool. Are Cabs allowed?

jonam
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 03:57:35 AM
cool. Are Cabs allowed?
Good question! While most DEs don't allow cabs, Panoz school track days allow them.

Cab owners, if you are interested in, please post here. We will find it out ASAP. It will depend on CMP and insurance policy.

AMPowerJ
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 04:23:45 AM
Man this is in my back yard. I am definitely interested. How much do you think it will cost?

ShaunATL
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 05:45:18 PM
I'm interested too - this isn't too far of a drive.

Sirius
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 05:52:34 PM
Aside from a car, what do you need to bring?

Dan Law
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 07:17:44 PM
OK, I'm going to jump in here.

Folks without certified solo experience will be required to take a check ride and contingent on the results may be required to have an instructor with them until they are signed off.

NOTE: there will be no charge for this! Even with an instructor riding shotgun, you'll get FAR more track time than you would see in any BMWCCA event.

Further, if anyone has deep pockets, there are folks like David Murray out there who provide advanced driving instruction. I have seen competent racers on familiar tracks pick up a second or more. Of course, these types of services are NOT included in the fees and must be arranged independently. They generally run $1.000/day. Contact me for some references if anyone's interested.

Sorry to jump in here Roadrunner and JonAm but I want to make sure we don't get a reputation for hosting haphazard events.

Dan Law
DERMotorSports@gmail.com

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 07:51:47 PM
Aside from a car, what do you need to bring?

a SA95 or higher helmet... get your car tech inspected...chk your brakes; make sure nothing will come loose under the car; make sure you have thread on those tires, etc, etc..

you may need to find a tech inspection sheet...

Sirius
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:02:02 PM
Ahh. Anal examination then. :D

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:08:48 PM
Ahh. Anal examination then. :D

Yep. We need to look at your brake pads, your brake fluid should have been changed within a 1 year I believe, etc... :D

Sirius
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:12:05 PM
Well, my brakes all meet thoes requirements, so I am good to go. :thumbsup:

Idz21
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:13:49 PM
Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 53 minutes Total Est. Distance: 702.18 miles

Can I bring my '92 accord? It's the shiznit. 0-60 in 5.78

Ced
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:16:45 PM
Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 53 minutes Total Est. Distance: 702.18 miles

Can I bring my '92 accord? It's the shiznit. 0-60 in 5.78

:smash: :smash: :chair: Yeah, bring it :D

AMPowerJ
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 09:36:31 PM
I assume that helmets are required. Will we be able to rent them from CMP?

Grimm333
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 11:52:49 PM
why not a more centralized location...the west coaster wouldnt even be able to make it????

Sirius
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 01:10:29 AM
Hell, thats 475 miles away from me. About an 8-9 hour drive.

Grimm333
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 01:27:58 AM
HAHAH..that is way too far for me...i would have to trailor the car...

Dan Law
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 02:46:00 AM
Yes, Helmets WILL be required. I would suspect that no helmets will be available from CMP and if they were, you would NOT want them!

You have two options:

Purchase a SA95 or higher rated auto helmet - would suggest Bell or Stand21. Further, if buying a SA95 rated helmet be sure to get it supercheap as you will only be able to use it until Oct 2005!

IF you own a road motorcycle, use your bike helmet - THIS is a ONE TIME option. Like BMWCCA, PCA, PBOC and others we will allow this once! It will be noted and checked in future sessions.

Should you enjoy our little get together and decide to attend future sessions, you should definitely purchase a SA helmet.

I carry the Stand21 line up which is top shelf AND expensive. If interested, contact me for pricing. The Bell line is somewhat less expensive but still very good stuff.

Dan Law
DERMotorSports@gmail.com

tork
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 04:42:53 AM
Where in CA? cus I'll be there! PM me the Info

c42001
Sat, Nov-06-2004, 07:02:35 PM
Is this an instructional meet

Sirius
Sat, Nov-06-2004, 07:35:55 PM
I think its more for fun.

Roadrunner
Sat, Nov-06-2004, 07:48:03 PM
we will have some qualified instructors there! we'll probably have couple groups to run......we are waiting on final details/instructions before we proceed. but this will not be just guys getting on the track acting crazy, there are many rules that we will have to follow. we want to have a safe and educating event as possible!
right now we are seeing if enough interest is there before we before we release final details. thanks.

Roadrunner
Sat, Nov-06-2004, 08:26:35 PM
Man this is in my back yard. I am definitely interested. How much do you think it will cost?

hi. not sure on final pricing yet but we are shooting for $200. or less per person.....really depends on the number of participants. thanks for the interest!

Roadrunner
Sat, Nov-06-2004, 08:28:20 PM
I'm interested too - this isn't too far of a drive.

shaun, if we can make this happen, there will be few from atlanta so hopefully, we can all ride up there together.

ShaunATL
Wed, Nov-10-2004, 02:10:37 AM
When are you guys looking to make a decision on whether or not to have this (not necessarily final pricing)? I've got a trip scheduled for that week, but I could change my plans to accomodate this :thumbsup:

Hornswoggler
Thu, Nov-11-2004, 08:08:42 PM
I might be interested!

What will it take to be "signed off"?

I would like an instructor for atleast a session or two, so I can get a feel for the track.

Who is organizing this event?

Roadrunner
Fri, Nov-12-2004, 02:14:22 AM
ok, here's the deal.. we need to know definite yes by 11-21-04. we need at least 15 participants to keep the cost @ $200.! the time is running out for us to book the track so if you are interested, please confirm by pm'ing me.

jonam
Fri, Nov-12-2004, 02:33:52 AM
ok, here's the deal.. we need to know definite yes by 11-21-04. we need at least 15 participants to keep the cost @ $200.! the time is running out for us to book the track so if you are interested, please confirm by pm'ing me.
I am in, Gene!
Let's do it guys! :thumbsup: