Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : My new-to-me '97 m3/4 - White specks on dash

Ben///M.
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 06:22:53 PM
Hi Everybody,
First post here. Nice place. I just brought home my first BMW - a '97 M3 sedan (Needed a 4dr for work). I absolutely love it. It's a low-miles car that's always been garaged and looks virtually new. The one thing bugging me is that there are little white specks on some areas of the (black) interior plastic most notably the dash. Have you seen this and know of a good cure? They are really the only noticable blemish on the whole car.

-Ben

SpecialK
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 08:22:41 PM
Can you elaborate a little more as to what you think it may be or looks like? Paint overspray? Wax particles? Other? Tough to tell with what you've given. Try picking at one to see if it comes off. Hi Everybody,
First post here. Nice place. I just brought home my first BMW - a '97 M3 sedan (Needed a 4dr for work). I absolutely love it. It's a low-miles car that's always been garaged and looks virtually new. The one thing bugging me is that there are little white specks on some areas of the (black) interior plastic most notably the dash. Have you seen this and know of a good cure? They are really the only noticable blemish on the whole car.

-Ben

Ben///M.
Mon, Nov-15-2004, 11:31:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what they are. They are white specks much smaller than the head of a pin. At first glance I thought they were ash, but the car's never been smoked in. Also, they didn't seem to want to come off with a light rubbing. At that point I thought maybe they were some kind of oxidation. I haven't tried anything agressive yet. Thougth I'd ask questions first, hoping it was a common problem with known solution. Thanks.

-Ben

SpecialK
Tue, Nov-16-2004, 12:12:52 AM
Tough one without seeing the car. A local detail shop may be able to shed some light on this one for you and provide a solution.