Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : cleaning...

jay8s
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 07:53:33 PM
I work right in the landing/takeoff path of the airport now, and am wondering if there is anything I should/could do to protect my car more than a weekly bath. I have noticed that it has alot of grit on it, as well as alot of little dots on it. I know that airplane fule it not completely burnt off, so it lands below, on my car. I try to get behind the building to block the residue, but I am looking for something better to take care of it with.

thoughts apprecated
TIA
~Yates

M3@NYC
Thu, Nov-04-2004, 08:04:13 PM
I work right in the landing/takeoff path of the airport now, and am wondering if there is anything I should/could do to protect my car more than a weekly bath. I have noticed that it has alot of grit on it, as well as alot of little dots on it. I know that airplane fule it not completely burnt off, so it lands below, on my car. I try to get behind the building to block the residue, but I am looking for something better to take care of it with.

thoughts apprecated
TIA
~Yates

If your really concerned about protecting your car's finish invest in an outdoor car cover. The only issue will be taking it off and on. It will take a few minutes each time.

Grimm333
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 01:02:25 AM
yes a removable cover would be the best application for your car...

even by waxing/polishing/protecting...you are still going to have dirt all over..

SpecialK
Fri, Nov-05-2004, 01:16:50 AM
It sounds like you have a rail dust or IFO (Industrial Fallout) problem. Claybar will remove the contaminants in the clearcoat, polish, then wax and garage that baby when you aren't driving it. If you are unable to do that, get a good car cover to protect your investment. We're all subject to IFO in some manner just some moreso than others and you my friend are in the undesirable cartegory it sounds like. Hope that helps.