Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Tire Care

Sat, Oct-16-2004, 11:25:46 PM
I did a search and did not really find anything on this topic. I have been using Turtle Wax Wet and Black tire treatment and have not been totally satisfied. :hmm: Usually apply two coats but the tires still are not as black as I have seen on other cars. What is everyone using and how satisfied are you? Have you tried a few different products? I am almost out of the Turtle Wax treatment and want to try something else. Suggestions and comments please.

Sun, Oct-17-2004, 04:14:28 AM
I use Eagle One wet-look/wet-shine....something like that. I wash the tires with a sponge and car wash first, then one of those generic foaming no-touch tire cleaners (STP I think), then 2 coats of the Eagle one (applying the 2nd well after the 1st dries) applied with a rounded tire applicator sponge. I love the stuff.

Sun, Oct-17-2004, 06:36:07 AM
I use the turtle wax stuff too. Not as good as the industrial stuff we got a work though. That stuff will stay stuck to the tire through a good rainstorm.

Sun, Oct-17-2004, 03:57:14 PM
I just used the Eagle One tire product and it is far better then the Turtle Wax product. It's a keeper. I could even tell from the way it went on. Thanks, I am much happier now with my tire shine. Sirius, your tires look great in the photo but you should make the change also, you will be happy you did.

Sun, Oct-17-2004, 10:11:28 PM
Zymol Tire is the best I have found to provide a black tire without the excessive shine that looks rediculous IMHO.

Tue, Oct-19-2004, 08:05:41 AM
HHUUMMM!!! Something to try the next time I wash my "M"