Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Tire Care

Thrill
Sun, Oct-17-2004, 12:25:46 AM
I did a search and did not really find anything on this topic. I have been using Turtle Wax Wet and Black tire treatment and have not been totally satisfied. :hmm: Usually apply two coats but the tires still are not as black as I have seen on other cars. What is everyone using and how satisfied are you? Have you tried a few different products? I am almost out of the Turtle Wax treatment and want to try something else. Suggestions and comments please.

Antz_Marchin
Sun, Oct-17-2004, 05:14:28 AM
I use Eagle One wet-look/wet-shine....something like that. I wash the tires with a sponge and car wash first, then one of those generic foaming no-touch tire cleaners (STP I think), then 2 coats of the Eagle one (applying the 2nd well after the 1st dries) applied with a rounded tire applicator sponge. I love the stuff.

Sirius
Sun, Oct-17-2004, 07:36:07 AM
I use the turtle wax stuff too. Not as good as the industrial stuff we got a work though. That stuff will stay stuck to the tire through a good rainstorm.

Thrill
Sun, Oct-17-2004, 04:57:14 PM
I just used the Eagle One tire product and it is far better then the Turtle Wax product. It's a keeper. I could even tell from the way it went on. Thanks, I am much happier now with my tire shine. Sirius, your tires look great in the photo but you should make the change also, you will be happy you did.

TCM
Sun, Oct-17-2004, 11:11:28 PM
Zymol Tire is the best I have found to provide a black tire without the excessive shine that looks rediculous IMHO.

capirest
Tue, Oct-19-2004, 09:05:41 AM
HHUUMMM!!! Something to try the next time I wash my "M"