Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Why streak marks in my wax jobs...

Rob's Archive
Thu, Oct-14-2004, 04:42:55 AM
Ive been a paid detailer for a few months of my life when i was younger but i never had this problem till i had the bmw's.

When i was the car, i get left over streaking on the hood of the car. No matter how long i leave it...5 min, 60 min, 24 hours. Only today (car was out of the sun the entire day before waxing) did this not happen.

Why does this happen?

Predator
Thu, Oct-14-2004, 12:06:38 PM
maybe its the wax u use ? it is organic ?

Rob's Archive
Thu, Oct-14-2004, 01:25:38 PM
Well what do you mean by organic? all waxes have some portion of natural carnuba wax. Using some of the new tech waxes this problem has gotten better but its generally only on the hood.

exceldetail
Fri, Oct-15-2004, 06:12:40 AM
Well what do you mean by organic? all waxes have some portion of natural carnuba wax. Using some of the new tech waxes this problem has gotten better but its generally only on the hood.

What products are you using, applying with, removing with. You could have applied the product too thick. Many variables! tell me more !

Beowoulf
Fri, Oct-15-2004, 07:35:35 AM
Are you applying by hand or PC?

Grimm333
Fri, Oct-15-2004, 03:58:00 PM
you amy be applying excess wax but i dont think that is the case....

like Alex said, are you applying by hand or PC...and what kind of applicator pads are you using

Sirius
Fri, Oct-15-2004, 06:19:40 PM
I have kind of had that problem before, more on black cars. Just required me to buff it more to a more smooth shine.

Make sure the microfiber cloth is clean and dry. Turn it over often too. Helps to shake it out from time to time.

exceldetail
Sat, Oct-16-2004, 02:18:09 AM
Too much product in conjunction with inadequate curing time are the most frequent scenarios for streaking. High humidity, low temps also may contribute.

Rob's Archive
Mon, Oct-18-2004, 02:31:24 PM
I was using Meg NXT, with a orbital buffer with a wax applicator pad. I let it cure for over an hour each time, although being in S. TX where humidity is high--its a pain.

I use a terry cloth buffer to take off the wax and then a hand held terry cloth to take off the rest and then go over the whole car with a micro fiber cloth...then i use a quick detailer after that.