Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : clay magic

asloudasitgets
Sun, Oct-10-2004, 05:08:33 AM
i love clay magic but when i buy the kit that comes with clay lube and the clay, there is never enough lube for the clay to last. and i cant a separate selling clay lube bottle. is there anything out there i can use cause i cant find anymore unless i buy it all over again.

Beowoulf
Mon, Oct-11-2004, 08:06:37 PM
Just get a spray bottle and put in some of your car wash liquid and add water. Some people also use a quick detailer. All you need is something to lubrictae the surface, doesn't really matter what it is.

BaDm0theR
Mon, Oct-11-2004, 08:17:09 PM
You have 2 basic options here.

1) Many people have found it quicker & more convenient to clay as you wash the vehicle. Say for instance, you hand wash & rinse the vehicle of major dirt and debris...you would then take a new clean sponge with plenty of water spritzed with some of your favorite car wash liqid and proceed to clay the vehicle sections at a time. (Hows that for a run on sentence?) :D

2) Ive found that Meguiars Final Detail is a great option for clay lube, as well as 'Four Star' clay lube, both are good alternatives to the 'clay as you wash' method.

One thing i must mention, its been debated that over using your clay bar with normal water and car wash soap will dry it out and prematurely destroy it. While some meticulous/OCD detailers beleive in this, i have yet to see any degradation from my clay bar as a result of claying while washing.

If you are the speculative type, use one of the above products for a good clay lube. Other lube's can be found at:

www.premiumautocare.com
www.autogeek.com

Good luck.

Beowoulf
Mon, Oct-11-2004, 08:49:20 PM
Hey Mike, will sex lube work? :D

Sirius
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 02:24:23 AM
MR. ZOGG'S SEX WAX!!!

Used to have a shirt that had that on there from the 70's...

Anyhow. After you claybar.. are you supposed to re-wash the car or go straight into waxing?

Beowoulf
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 06:11:27 PM
You have to wash it again.

Sirius
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 07:34:08 PM
Thats what I figured. Better wash my asorber so its clean before I do all this. :D

Guido
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 09:24:01 PM
is there anywhere in ffx area you can buy a good claybar/lube combo besides orderin online

Sirius
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 11:05:19 PM
I would have to look around. I have never shopped for clay bars.