Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : NOVA Area Fall G2G & Cruise - Light 'em Up, Man!!

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 01:56:26 PM
Come one, come all from the Northern VA area (this includes you hillbillies on the peninsula of Southern MD :tongue: ) to the fall gathering and cruise of the H-to-the-Izzo NOVA M3 Owners Association (and support group).

Date : Nov. 6-7 (as stated before, late in Nov or anytime in Dec. is bad b/c of a) weather and b) holidays)

Time : sometime early afternoon (gives certain people time to sleep off their hangovers)

Meeting Location: I dunno - suggestions??

Cruise Route: I dunno - suggestions??

Who's interested? Must bring hot dish to pass. RSVP is required. Non-M3 cars strictly prohibited!!

FLi :sleeping:

PurpleM3Pursuit
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 02:34:30 PM
hot dish? surely u aren't talking about my girlfriend :-P

had to respond to that one.. sorry.. won't be thur..

vrsixer
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 02:43:14 PM
I'm down! :beer:

Sirius
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 03:49:45 PM
I am down for it.. as you all know. :thumbsup:

Just got to find a good meeting place. I really don't have anywhere good to suggest though.

astan100
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 04:34:13 PM
Actually, I'll be in this weekend if anyone is interested in a cruise...the weather is nice!

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 04:39:22 PM
Actually, I'll be in this weekend if anyone is interested in a cruise...the weather is nice!

What, we have to plan this around your schedule?? :bow:

FLi

Sirius
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:01:55 PM
What, we have to plan this around your schedule?? :bow:

FLi

:chair: :chair:

Visiting your gf again Astan?

astan100
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:10:03 PM
LOL...no no...I was just saying if you guys wanted to hang this weekend...IN ADDITION to whatever this is, I'm down. :)

Sirius
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:25:51 PM
Ahhhh. Gotcha. I dunno what I have planned for this weekend, aside from school work.

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:33:03 PM
LOL...no no...I was just saying if you guys wanted to hang this weekend...IN ADDITION to whatever this is, I'm down. :)

I'm out for this weekend. Catch you next time around!

FLi

PS - Who else for the Nov. date?

o8OneLight8o
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:43:24 PM
[QUOTE=FLi GLi]Come one, come all from the Northern VA area (this includes you hillbillies on the peninsula of Southern MD :tongue: ) to the fall gathering and cruise of the [B]H-to-the-Izzo NOVA M3 Owners Association[QUOTE]

Yeeeeeeehooooooo, hangin' with some city boys!!!

iNcUbUs_21
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 05:57:02 PM
count me in boss.

JonM3
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 06:23:52 PM
Ahhh I wish I could go, I live like 30 min from there… My bdays November 9th too!! (21st) So that would of been a nice bday gift to my self. lol The only problem is I’m up in school in Boston.

BMW-///V\-Power
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 06:49:10 PM
So soon, oh God so soon.

If I can find a blue/silver '97-'99 by then, consider me RSVP'd. Otherwise I'll crash the party next time around. Wish me luck!

No really...wish me luck. WISH ME LUCK G*DDAMNIT!!! I SWEAR TO--........It's ok Steve, it's oookk.... Still wakin' up... yeah that's it..........

Note: (For the record, my name's Steve...at least.....SH*T. )

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 07:09:28 PM
So soon, oh God so soon.

If I can find a blue/silver '97-'99 by then, consider me RSVP'd. Otherwise I'll crash the party next time around. Wish me luck!

No really...wish me luck. WISH ME LUCK G*DDAMNIT!!! I SWEAR TO--........It's ok Steve, it's oookk.... Still wakin' up... yeah that's it..........

Note: (For the record, my name's Steve...at least.....SH*T. )

Well, Steve-o, if you don't find your own M3 by then, maybe someone will be kind enough to let your ride along in their M3.

(sure as hell wont be me...I don't want his explosive diarrhea erupting all over my leather...) :bs:

FLi

o8OneLight8o
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 07:44:54 PM
A car for Steve-o:

Check it, a little far away, but probably exactly what your looking for:
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=167918275&dealer_id=&car_year=1997&make=BMW&distance=200&max_price=18750&model=M3&advcd_on=n&end_year=1999&min_price=15000&certified=n&address=21046&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1997&color=&cardist=200

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 07:53:48 PM
A car for Steve-o:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=167918275&dealer_id=&car_year=1997&make=BMW&distance=200&max_price=18750&model=M3&advcd_on=n&end_year=1999&min_price=15000&certified=n&address=21046&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1997&color=&cardist=200

Steve-o...

Buy it...then you can give me the euro plate because we all know how much you love them... :ha:

Looks like a decent car...except for those ugly a$$ rims and a CF hood on a blue car (although, I'm sure Steve-o finds that "dope") :takecover

FLi

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 07:58:14 PM
A car for Steve-o:

Ummm, hold up on giving me that euro plate, Steve-o. I just looked at the larger image and it's one of those fake, "custom" euro plates.

<cough> poser <cough>

FLi

vrsixer
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 08:38:45 PM
<cough> poser <cough>

FLi

:haha: :haha: :haha:

BMW-///V\-Power
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 08:43:11 PM
Distance from ZIP 22046:

266 miles

(Just...dies)

But yeah that would be f*cking PERFECT. Spoiler, blue, low miles, front lip isn't bad, cf hood's gotta go, but he's got the stock one... Guess I'll start saving up for the bus trip ;)

BTW thanks alot for the help. If there is any way I can get there, you may have just found my car. THANK YOU!!! Yes FLi you can have the g-ddamn plate, I know how much those custom euros turn you on... :ha:

FLi GLi
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 08:49:18 PM
Distance from ZIP 22046:

266 miles

(Just...dies)

But yeah that would be f*cking PERFECT. Spoiler, blue, low miles, front lip isn't bad, cf hood's gotta go, but he's got the stock one... Guess I'll start saving up for the bus trip ;)

I don't see what the big deal is. Hammer out a deal with the seller. Then have one of your buddies drive you out to pick it up.

You DO have friends, don't you?? :hmm:

FLi

o8OneLight8o
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 09:17:33 PM
Not a problem, yeah 266 miles is a ways to go. And you can probably sell the cf hood w/o a probablem. Good luck in your search

BMW-///V\-Power
Tue, Oct-05-2004, 09:23:49 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Hammer out a deal with the seller. Then have one of your buddies drive you out to pick it up.

You DO have friends, don't you?? :hmm:

FLi

First off, 17k is way out of my range. I can spend 15k max, MAYBE 15.5. The thing is I won't know until I'm able to sell my Maxima, which goes up for sale this weekend.

Buddies? Plenty. Buddies that will drive a ten hour round trip, possibly more than once? :eek2:

Anyway, I've got to talk this guy down 2,000 dollars, then come and inspect the car myself, take it for a test drive, get all the paperwork, titles, and deeds and what not together, I want to do leakdown and compression test, the list goes on. So if you want to get technical, yes it is a big deal. It's not impossible though, so this weekend I'll give the guy a call, see exactly where he is and what his deal is and all, then I have to sell my car, then arrange transportation.

THE QUEST BEGINS...

Wed, Oct-06-2004, 12:10:31 AM
Definitly in this one! Props to Fli-Gli for organizing this :thumbsup:

Astan, do you golf? I know the sirus does. Maybe we could meet up at a course or range this weekend, something cheap though.

As far as the november meet spot. I will work on trying to find a good spot this weekend. As long as its not in FAIRFAX! :smash:

astan100
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 12:38:04 AM
I want to LEARN golf...but I don't do it.

So, that's not going to work for me.

I'll keep y'all posted. See how I used y'all just so you guys feel at home?

Why not a drive?

Wed, Oct-06-2004, 04:36:00 AM
I want to LEARN golf...but I don't do it.

So, that's not going to work for me.

I'll keep y'all posted. See how I used y'all just so you guys feel at home?

Why not a drive?

Np. Just let us know whats up :D

brob2k1
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 05:31:01 AM
I'm in... just can't do it the weekend of the 16th of october... :-)

vrsixer
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 06:04:10 AM
I have a FATT (Friday at the track) at Summit Point on Nov. 5th, so I should have some good pics/stories for everyone on the 6th... :beer:

Sirius
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 06:22:46 AM
I have a FATT (Friday at the track) at Summit Point on Nov. 5th, so I should have some good pics/stories for everyone on the 6th... :beer:

Hey, if you happen to see Barry up there...(black E46), tell him Trevor says Hey, and I'll make it up there with him at some point or another.

FLi GLi
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 02:32:26 PM
So far, here are the interested parties for a Nov. 6th H-to-the-IZZO NOVA M3 Owners Association (and support group) G2G --

- ///3n1Love
- vrsixer
- brob2k1
- Sirius
- iNcUbUs_21

Those that are interested, but have lame a$$ excuses for not committing :eek: -

- BMW-///V\-Power
- astan100

2k has graciously offered to find us a meeting up point. Considering we've got people coming from all over, an attempt at a central location will be made. However, we have to go where the roads are!!

Anyone that knows the roads around here far better than me want to step up and plan a driving route?? :whistle:

FLi

Wed, Oct-06-2004, 04:57:56 PM
OK, NoVA massive, I might have found us a route/roads/meet point. This saturday at 12, a whole bunch of peeps from www.dtmpower.net and other forums are doing a 185mile drive that starts in woodbridge, va and ends in the same spot. I am going to try and get to this if I can get my oil changed friday ( doing it myself first time, and I might need a reset tool? :beer: ). They are giving out printed directions to each driver, so I will save mine and do the same. What do you guys think?

Link to thread: http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140453

Sirius
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 05:28:01 PM
I would have to think about that....

BMW-///V\-Power
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 06:37:32 PM
Those that are interested, but have lame a$$ excuses for not committing :eek: -

- BMW-///V\-Power
- astan100

A-HEM....

Actually, I've got potentially good news. The guy brought the price down $1,000 to 16k flat. I'm convinced I can talk this guy down another grand, now I just have to sell my car and get this guy in my pocket before someone else jumps on the deal...

After that, if his car checks out, it's as good as mine!! :thumbsup:

And 2k, that sounds like a solid plan--take notes of the best routes for us, unless you want to do the whole thing! (No problem with that here)

o8OneLight8o
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 08:18:39 PM
A-HEM....

Actually, I've got potentially good news. The guy brought the price down $1,000 to 16k flat. I'm convinced I can talk this guy down another grand, now I just have to sell my car and get this guy in my pocket before someone else jumps on the deal...

After that, if his car checks out, it's as good as mine!! :thumbsup:

And 2k, that sounds like a solid plan--take notes of the best routes for us, unless you want to do the whole thing! (No problem with that here)

That's great dude!!! I can't believe you're going for it actually going for it. Good Luck man!!!I hate my life, I have just found out that I'm being sent out to the flippin' desert in Cali for work for Nov 1-11 :gun: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: So if I'm lucky I maybe able to cruise into LA in a Ford Focus...straight Ballin'. I'll be doing a dyno a couple weeks afterwards, I'll do a post with the date.

BMW-///V\-Power
Wed, Oct-06-2004, 09:41:22 PM
I hate my life, I have just found out that I'm being sent out to the flippin' desert in Cali for work for Nov 1-11 :gun: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: So if I'm lucky I maybe able to cruise into LA in a Ford Focus...straight Ballin'.

Lol!

Sorry to hear that man, looks like Murphy was riding shotgun with you today. And hell yeah I'm going for it! I mean sh*t, he's already done half the mods I wanted to do (euro tails, clear corners, tint, intake, etc). Not to mention its a spoilered estoril blue!!! (drools) :D

Thu, Oct-07-2004, 05:19:25 AM
Lol!

Sorry to hear that man, looks like Murphy was riding shotgun with you today. And hell yeah I'm going for it! I mean sh*t, he's already done half the mods I wanted to do (euro tails, clear corners, tint, intake, etc). Not to mention its a spoilered estoril blue!!! (drools) :D

EXCELLENT! Just make sure to get it checked by a mech. Keep us updated. Also, put your other car on autotrader asap. I sold my old pos nissan for more than blue book in less than a week.

BMW-///V\-Power
Thu, Oct-07-2004, 12:36:20 PM
EXCELLENT! Just make sure to get it checked by a mech. Keep us updated. Also, put your other car on autotrader asap. I sold my old pos nissan for more than blue book in less than a week.

Definetly--my car goes up on autotrader this weekend, which is too long for me!!! I've got to wait for my dad to get back from Boston, however, as the car is legally his. The instant it goes up, I'm gonna email the owner of the M3 and try to secure him. You sold it in a week!? That gives me hope, as I checked and there seem to be a LOT of 5th gen Maximas for sale...

brob2k1
Thu, Oct-07-2004, 01:12:20 PM
OK, NoVA massive, I might have found us a route/roads/meet point. This saturday at 12, a whole bunch of peeps from www.dtmpower.net and other forums are doing a 185mile drive that starts in woodbridge, va and ends in the same spot. I am going to try and get to this if I can get my oil changed friday ( doing it myself first time, and I might need a reset tool? :beer: ). They are giving out printed directions to each driver, so I will save mine and do the same. What do you guys think?

Link to thread: http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?t=140453

damn i wish i could do this but i have work :fart: and i'm starting a new job in two weeks so were gonna have to see. i doubt I can make it but as long as i have two weeks or so notice i can do whatever were going to do... there are some roads up around Fredrick, MD we could go to. not 2 familiar with the area but there has got to be a few places we could go.

Thu, Oct-07-2004, 03:03:08 PM
Definetly--my car goes up on autotrader this weekend, which is too long for me!!! I've got to wait for my dad to get back from Boston, however, as the car is legally his. The instant it goes up, I'm gonna email the owner of the M3 and try to secure him. You sold it in a week!? That gives me hope, as I checked and there seem to be a LOT of 5th gen Maximas for sale...

:ha: Dont sweat it, you will sell it. I think I sold my 94' altima quick because she was fully modded out and it was around august when alot of kiddies are looking for cars for college. Good luck!

VTRick01
Fri, Oct-08-2004, 03:16:20 AM
I'm down for the November dates in NOVA too. I'm in Arlington so I'm open for whatever. I just hope I can get my wheels/tires by then...Been out on work travel and haven't had time, and just got myself a wonderful flat in my front tire last night. At least it didn't happen on my tires....

Keep the details coming!

BTW, I was going to suggest SKyline drive but it's a hike to even get there and while it's fun driving, it's mostly single file and pulling over to talk/take a break could be a PITA. I'm keep trying to think of more...

Sirius
Fri, Oct-08-2004, 03:58:38 AM
By November, skyline will be full on a regular basis, as alot of people go up there to see the leaves change color. Skyline is fun as hell to drive. I didn't obey the speedlimit once... its just impossible to on that road.

It took me about 45 minutes to get out there... then I spent a couple hours on Skyline itself, turned around about 1/2 way and headed home. Only going half way down the road the whole trip was 210 miles, and about 5 hours. (This was with me hitting 120 a few times on 66 on the way out, and averaging about 50-55 on Skyline). Gas mileage was awesome though, I didn't even go past 1/2 tank.. I think I hovered around 26mpg for the whole thing. Lots of bug guts though. :\

Sirius
Sat, Oct-09-2004, 05:29:45 PM
http://members.cox.net/morpheus91/images/icons/bump.gif

I am going to move this to the Southeast section so we don't lose track of it so easily. :thumbsup:

BMW-///V\-Power
Sat, Oct-09-2004, 06:06:42 PM
Bad news...

Sysm was kind enough to run a CARFAX for me on the car I've been looking into, and the results are as follows:

The story of this 1997 BMW M3 (WBSBG9320VEY74275) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had 2 owners and was owned in New Jersey and Connecticut. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a New Jersey DMV in 1997.
It was sold at a salvage auction. Most vehicles sold at these auctions have sustained significant damage but there are some exceptions.
It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage title by a DMV.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 04/04/2002, was 48,664 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And this guy is selling it for 16 grand?! Is he on crack!? My guess is he's either trying to dupe potential buyers, hoping they don't run a CARFAX, or he had the thing rebuilt bumper to bumper or something. I intend to find out.

It figures, as I had already emailed him to ask a couple questions, such as "What mods have you done to the car?" and also "How does it run? Does it idle smoothly?" and finally "Any scratches/dents/dings on the car?" The thing is, he responded only with "Please contact me at (his phone #) for more info." At the time I thought it was very odd, almost thought he was being rude. Now I know why.

I know this is just wishful thinking, but is there ANY chance AT ALL that this car is ok? Especially you, Sirius, since you see serious damage dealt with regularly where you work. Should I sprint away full-tilt-boogie in fear, or give it a chance? There is ONE other '97 - '99 Estoril w/spoiler on any classifeds within 300 miles of me, and it's mileage is too high, so it looks like it will be months before I find my baby... :cry:

(SIGH) The search goes on...

Sirius
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 01:45:56 AM
Doh, keep looking.

Guido
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 09:42:17 PM
nice im gonna have to head up there sometime, trevor u down for another drive sometime with some of the peeps from import theory

Sirius
Tue, Oct-12-2004, 10:44:06 PM
Of course.

wushu_civic
Wed, Oct-13-2004, 09:10:46 AM
i'de be down for meeting up in november.

BMW-///V\-Power don't give up. it took me a while and a drive to new jersey to find my estoril 99. just keep looking.

Sirius
Fri, Oct-15-2004, 01:22:27 PM
http://members.cox.net/morpheus91/images/icons/bump.gif

Thu, Oct-21-2004, 05:56:40 PM
pmub bump cause its getting closer.. :argue:

Sirius
Sat, Oct-30-2004, 11:57:25 PM
So.. whats the verdict guys?

mnb
Mon, Nov-01-2004, 10:23:14 PM
im def. down, i could possibly get a couple others to show, so is it still on for this upcoming satruday. we could do a good ol (simple but satisfying) poolesvile/potomac area drive. i dunno what to suggest but im down for whatever

mnb
Mon, Nov-01-2004, 10:24:15 PM
how about we each confirm so we can get it properly set up

Sirius
Tue, Nov-02-2004, 12:58:56 AM
What are the dates again? I am just that lazy to reread the thread. :P

Or have we not decided on one yet?

mnb
Tue, Nov-02-2004, 02:30:13 AM
i thought having read the 6th of nov. as the last proposal

Sun, Dec-19-2004, 02:41:43 AM
Bump to Spring '05 :wave: