Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : about to order from autogeek.. what do you guys recommend?

lordjavelox
Mon, Sep-27-2004, 02:29:17 AM
Im about to order from autogeek, and ive been doing a bit and so far and Im about to order the following:

1) Meguiar's NXT Generation Soap
2) S100 Paste Wax
3) Klasse AIO Polish
4) Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System (Instant Detailer + CB)
5) Dawn
6) Klasse SG
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
6) 4-5 Applicator Pads
7) Microfiber Gloves
8) Sheepskin Wash Mitt
9) 10 terry cotton towels
10) 10 microfiber towels

In what order do I do all of this and how do I maintain it? I read im suppose to do it every 6 months, but what about a wax every month or two? How many layers of each should product should I put? FEEL FREE TO ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO DO THIS LIST!

dawn/clay/aio/sg/s100

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

SpecialK
Mon, Sep-27-2004, 02:22:25 PM
Porter Cable 7424 machine polisher too. Shop around as Auto Geek isn't the lowest price on all those items. I did something similar but sourced other outlets and got better prices, on some but not all, on what I purchased. Don't use the sheepskin on your car. It will definately put the swirls in regardless of how soft it feels, use a microfiber. You'll be much better off.

SpecialK
Mon, Sep-27-2004, 05:23:42 PM
Also, these towels are not only big, but they are cheap for MF. Good buy IMO.
http://www.premiumautocare.com/supplusmicto.html

Beowoulf
Mon, Sep-27-2004, 08:14:20 PM
Try www.pakshak.com for your MF towels.

You can't mix Klasse and S100. Yopu can use S100 as a top coat but you will have to completely remove it before adding any more Klasse.

You don't need quick detailer for claybar. Just use soapy water.

Your quick detailer has to match the product you use on the car. If you use the S100 then get one with wax in it. If you use Klasse, then you will need a non-wax containing QD.

You don't need the PC 7424 unless you are removing swirls or need a new toy. Try coastal tool for the best price.

I have IE browser problems or I would leave you links to specific products. I suggest you look into the forum at www.autopia.org for all your detailing questions.

M3IZZY
Tue, Sep-28-2004, 12:54:19 AM
Get some leather cleaner and conditioner. Either Leatherique or Connelly. I'm about to pick some up after hearin' it on the forums. That's the only place I'm slackin' in right now.