Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Leather Seats & Lexol

DEW
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 01:29:27 PM
I've had my 04 M3 for about 8 months and decided to condition the leather (black leather). I heard Lexol was good so I applied it over the weekend. I tried to remove the excess and reduce the shine but I wasn't terribly successful. I really enjoyed the subdued finish that the leather came in but now it is shiny and somewhat sticky. Has anyone that uses Lexol had similar experiences. What can I do to get the leather back to the condition it was in before I applied Lexol?

Any help is appreciated.

M3peat
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 01:46:09 PM
Use a leather cleaner or a combination cleaner/conditioner. Do not use a leather conditioner product only. Hope this helps...

epM3cisa
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 01:51:02 PM
You may have used too much. I use Lexol cleaner every few weeks and Lexol conditioner every 6-8 weeks. I dont have any problems. You may want to keep buffing the excess off with a microfiber towel or another really soft towel.

DEW
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 02:05:40 PM
You may have used too much. I use Lexol cleaner every few weeks and Lexol conditioner every 6-8 weeks. I dont have any problems. You may want to keep buffing the excess off with a microfiber towel or another really soft towel.

Does your leather still have that nice matte finish like when you first bought the car.

When I applied the conditioner, I made sure the leather looked "wet", I let it sit for a minutes and then buffed off the excess.

ArtM3
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 05:46:34 PM
I clean and condition 2 times a year. The shine will diminish over time as the product is absorbed. Take a clean towel and wipe everyhting down again.

epM3cisa
Tue, Sep-21-2004, 09:02:30 PM
Does your leather still have that nice matte finish like when you first bought the car.

When I applied the conditioner, I made sure the leather looked "wet", I let it sit for a minutes and then buffed off the excess.

My leather feels like it did the day I bought it. Of course, I have only had my car since March 27, 2004.

If you are certain you buffed off all of the remaining product then you can try a different conditioner. I have heard good things about the BMW leather care products.

TCM
Wed, Sep-22-2004, 02:02:40 PM
You need to buff off the leather with a microfibre after about 20 minutes or so to remove all excess product not absorb by the leather. Try cleaning the seat with a leather cleaner, then wipe with wet rag, and then conditon again. Buff off 20 minutes after the conditioner and you should be ok. Hope this helps.

time12
Wed, Sep-22-2004, 07:50:08 PM
Lexol is only good for Lexus leather.

dm_n_stuff
Mon, Oct-04-2004, 07:18:10 PM
use this.

http://leatherique.com/default.htm

Great stuff for maintenance and restoration.

Redid a set of dino seats with excellent results.