Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Paint Shops in New Orleans area

nolaM3
Thu, Sep-16-2004, 07:33:53 PM
Got a nasty rock chip on the left front fender of my month and a half old jet black M3! :fuming: Does anyone know of any good paint shops around the New Orleans area. I want to get this taken care of quick!.

The chip is located on the left front fender near the top, front of the wheel well arch, would the whole fender need to be painted?

Irrenarzt
Thu, Sep-16-2004, 07:34:48 PM
You gonna need more than paint after you get flooded out

nolaM3
Thu, Sep-16-2004, 07:56:53 PM
Nah, We got real lucky in the New Orleans area with the hurricane. It went in around Mobile, Al. We got some wind, nothing too bad and not even a drop of rain in my area.

Irrenarzt
Thu, Sep-16-2004, 08:01:23 PM
Lucky for you. I would call your dealer and ask your SA who does body work for them.

M3gotIT
Thu, Sep-16-2004, 11:13:51 PM
jays body shop is really good. they work only on bmw's.
it's in kenner

4.8offtheline
Mon, Sep-20-2004, 01:10:03 AM
hey nm3. how funny, i read this post days ago before you popped up in one of my threads and i thought (to me:), i should tell this guy about ray brant collision center in metairie. it's not nawlins, BUT if ya want you can have a major scratch go away in a few hours, not overnight ... and with a paint-bake and shine.

ask for shawn (and angela is a sweet front counter contact, hook her too). after shawn looks it over, tell him right there that the job is worth 50-100 cash to him (you decide based on the scratch) if he can make it happen now. he'll get it done and charge less than the norm. i worked this bit just a few weeks back in a new g35. you can't even tell there was ever a deep scratch there. perfect job and i was in and out in no time. waiting sucks, don't do it.

nolaM3
Wed, Sep-22-2004, 02:44:18 AM
Hey guys - thanks for the good advice. I already went with M3GotIT advice and went to Jay's body shop. I had also called Peake and asked them who did their paint work and they said Jay's. It was really only a small rock chip but I am super anal about keeping my M3 perfect and it's a month a half old. Jay's did a great job, I'd recommend them to you if you should ever need.

Conant
Wed, Nov-03-2004, 02:08:57 AM
Hey guys - thanks for the good advice. I already went with M3GotIT advice and went to Jay's body shop. I had also called Peake and asked them who did their paint work and they said Jay's. It was really only a small rock chip but I am super anal about keeping my M3 perfect and it's a month a half old. Jay's did a great job, I'd recommend them to you if you should ever need.

How much did it cost you?

hamann330ci
Sat, Dec-25-2004, 08:21:15 PM
jays body shop is really good. they work only on bmw's.
it's in kenner

I second that. That's where my friend and I get all our work done :thumbsup: