Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Cadillac STS (1996) Kills 2003 M3 from a roll

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:15:02 PM
This will be my first post and I am sure I will get beat up from it, but I recently raced a silver convertible 2003, M3 from a 45/55MPH roll and beat him twice in Valdosta, Ga 2 nights ago around 9pm. I heard him go through 3 gears and the car sounded great, but the night was won by my 32V, 300HP Northstar engine. I know the M3's aren't only sports cars and to tell you the truth, I though I would get blown away. Anyway, the only thing not stock on my car is the exhaust (Dynomax Turbo) and a jerry rigged cold air intake that slams cold air into the engine. It was 80 degrees on an open highway when we raced, both time I took him by at lease 1 full body length of my car. What gives? I thought the M3's were animals. How much power/torque do they actually have?

Gus

cruzajc1@aol.com

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:18:56 PM
You are a fukkin moron if you thought you actually beat a M3 w/ that piece of sh1t. Hm ... let's see:

1996 STS (the POS): 0-60 6.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.7.

Are you serious? Fukkin troll, go fuk yourself, your mommy misses your coc, better go pull it out for her.

:middlefinger:

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:31:26 PM
I sense some hostility, but the truth remains that the M3 (a car which I still like) did lose to me twice from a 45/55 MPH roll in Valdosta, GA. I posted this here so maybe the owner will chime in. If the owner is on this forum, he will acknowledge the loss and take it like a man. the owner had a lot of class and said bye after the race.

Gus

M3@NYC
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:35:40 PM
I have a 95 Eldorado ETC. I have a Borla Exhaust, Cold Air intake, Superchip, and a high flow catylic converter. I also have a 2002 M3 with SMG. My caddy is fast and I can beat most average cars off the line. But it can't beat my //M. No way no matter what. The person driving the M3 doesn't know how to drive.

tpn
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:46:52 PM
I sense some hostility, but the truth remains that the M3 (a car which I still like) did lose to me twice from a 45/55 MPH roll in Valdosta, GA. I posted this here so maybe the owner will chime in. If the owner is on this forum, he will acknowledge the loss and take it like a man. the owner had a lot of class and said bye after the race.

Gus

I'm sorry, but I've been to Valdosta, GA (actually drove by and met a couple of locos, err locals). Apparently the gene pool is as rich as that of the men from Deliverance. Either you're sadly mistaken and the M3 driver did not really "race" you. Or the M3 driver was feeling nice and allowed you your druthers.

Regardless, its kinda foolish to say you beat an M3 in that caddy.

BTW, my M3 was in for maintenance and I had a 325 Stationwagon, I totally smoked this C6 vette from the light......

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:49:02 PM
That's probably the case, but I did hear him hit 3 gears and felt his car surge closer to me on the first run. As you know having the same engine (I have a dynomax turbo Exhaust, Ram air system getting me all the cold air the car can take) I dropped the car in first doing 45 to get as much torque as i needed and them hit second and third and beat him twice doing this. Perhaps he didn't drive the M3 that well, but I did hear him go through 3 gears during the race and both times I beat him 2 nights ago at 9PM in Valdosta, GA on Perimeter road.

Gus

PS Thanks for being polite, nice to have a discussion with a decent person.

cruzajc1@aol.com :beer:

G35
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:50:05 PM
You are a fukkin moron if you thought you actually beat a M3 w/ that piece of sh1t. Hm ... let's see:

1996 STS (the POS): 0-60 6.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.7.

Are you serious? Fukkin troll, go fuk yourself, your mommy misses your coc, better go pull it out for her.

:middlefinger:

ahhhhhh.....a sense of calm and relief now falls apon me......(sniff, sniff)..............Kev's back.....he's really back.....the words, so beautiful, and yet.....angry and hateful....like they were before.... but mostly (sniff) beautiful.....welcome back Kev... LMAO!

G35
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:52:43 PM
I'm sure his cadi can also stomp a 600cc sport bike too.

Idz21
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:52:52 PM
That's probably the case, but I did hear him hit 3 gears and felt his car surge closer to me on the first run. As you know having the same engine (I have a dynomax turbo Exhaust, Ram air system getting me all the cold air the car can take) I dropped the car in first doing 45 to get as much torque as i needed and them hit second and third and beat him twice doing this. Perhaps he didn't drive the M3 that well, but I did hear him go through 3 gears during the race and both times I beat him 2 nights ago at 9PM in Valdosta, GA on Perimeter road.

Gus

PS Thanks for being polite, nice to have a discussion with a decent person.

cruzajc1@aol.com :beer:

why do i want your e-male?

Six
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:53:43 PM
ummmm lets watch a video of a new CTS-V vs a M3 shall we? video (http://mysite.verizon.net/nappa6/other/jeremy.avi)

*** video from carmen and CMT, on dtmpower.net

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:56:29 PM
I have no motivation for lying, when i win, I say I win, when I lose I admit it. I still love the look of the M3 and when i see the guy around town I will tell him to post the race results here. i would be willing to race again on camera if he agreed to it. Street racing is differnt than controlled track runs and it takes a little more to win on the street. Either way, the truth is the truth and i am not disrepecting the M3, just stating a fact.

Gus

G35
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:56:46 PM
ummmm lets watch a video of a new CTS-V vs a M3 shall we? video (http://mysite.verizon.net/nappa6/other/jeremy.avi)

ooops! Cruz you have been served, thank you come again! Next time provide a video of your kills or tell the guy your racing so they will use full throttle.

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 03:59:09 PM

I may know you, I was born in Jersey City, my brother was the Deputy Mayor under Glenn Cunningham until he died recenty.

Gus

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 04:02:14 PM
Again, I didn't just sneak up on him and open my throttle up. I saw him at a red light and we spoke. I then told him to let me hear it from the light and he punched the car and it sounded impressive. I was actually not challenging him at the light because i knew I would get blown away. I then said $%^ it and followed him down the road onto a highway and rolled down my window to let him know I wanted a run. he obliged and we ran twice, I beat him both times.

Gus

Six
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 04:04:04 PM
I may know you, I was born in Jersey City, my brother was the Deputy Mayor under Glenn Cunningham until he died recenty.

Gus

Not my car, but the owner is in new jersey. I think he hangs out with a e36 M3 and a white Z4, but Im not sure.

kaiwang
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 04:09:19 PM
why do m3 owners have to be either snobs or dirty mouthed screaming little kids?

sheesh.. make us all look bad..

so this guy w the GM beat an M3. big deal.. allot of m3 owners cant drive anyways. a good percentage of them are posers and cant even shift right.

I was at the track once and this moron w a m3 comes up to me.. "what time did you get? I got a 15.xx on the 1/4 mile"

I was like, did you launch ? his answer was " what's that?"

I know another m3 owner that after 6 months has yet to rev his motor past 6k rpms.

All morons

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 04:54:50 PM
why do m3 owners have to be either snobs or dirty mouthed screaming little kids?

sheesh.. make us all look bad..

All morons

:thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment.

Fact is, a POS 1996 STS is NOT even fast enough to see the tail pipes of a M3 pulling away. That's it.

Any moron that comes here and says that they beat a M3 w/ a 96 STS is either:

1. Fukkin liar.
2. Stupid fukker - for not knowing that his STS can't beat a M3.

that's it. I am done w/ this stupid fukkin subject.

WizeGi///M3
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 04:58:48 PM

*** video from carmen and CMT, on dtmpower.net

Ahh the memories

:peace:

CMT
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 05:25:24 PM
I sense some hostility

Gus

Dude, I absolutely laughed out loud at the tongue-in-cheek nature of this response. Absolutely perfect response to hotheaded, vulgar nonsense. :thumbsup:

Anything can happen on the street. While I would suspect that the convertible M3 would do well in a rematch, things happened as they did and there really isn't any use disputing it. I would however respectfully disagree that things "take a little more to win on the street" than controlled track runs, as racing from a roll isn't even considered real racing to most "real" racers as it negates any real driver skill/error. But does it make it any less fun? Hell no.

Race from a dead stop, where true driver skill is shown in the launch and best shift points, and then people here will really be impressed (or incensed!) if you beat him again.

Sirius
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 05:25:29 PM

Gus

The truth is you're full of it. Or other guy coulnd't drive worth crap....

CMT
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 05:33:57 PM
Not my car, but the owner is in new jersey. I think he hangs out with a e36 M3 and a white Z4, but Im not sure.

Boston area. The E36 is mine, and the Z4 is my girlfriend's:

http://www.ziplink.net/~ctroiane/jessig.jpg

There are a lot of us BMW enthusiasts around here. :D

cruzajc1
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 05:37:25 PM
I appreciate the voices of reason on this site, with the exception of the guy who keeps cursing at me. I actually didn't challenge the M3 off the line, but asked him to let me hear the engine and he did. When I bump into the guy again I'll try to get him to post here. Anyway, nice talking to the decent folks on this site.

Gus

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 05:58:36 PM
I appreciate the voices of reason on this site, with the exception of the guy who keeps cursing at me. I actually didn't challenge the M3 off the line, but asked him to let me hear the engine and he did. When I bump into the guy again I'll try to get him to post here. Anyway, nice talking to the decent folks on this site.

Gus
Get the fuk outta here.

T-Kup
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 08:36:45 PM
I got to say kevin, you usually piss me off, but that last post was Highlarias
:thumbsup:

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 09:02:28 PM
I got to say kevin, you usually piss me off, but that last post was Highlarias
:thumbsup:
ups and downs my friend, ups and downs. :D Just don't take my posts so seriously, no sense getting pissed off. :thumbsup:

derryck
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 10:22:42 PM
Nice run Gus but in all honesty you can't beat a well driven M3...not even an SMG convertible. If you're ever near Jacksonville, look me up and I'll show how you stand versus a well driven M3 coupe. I run 13.0 at 107mph in a bone stock 2003 M3...to my knowledge there is no Caddy in the ball park with the possible exception of the CTS-V which I have driven. As soon as they fix the wheel hop issue it might be a contender. I'm guessing your car is a mid to high 14 sec. car at best and is a good 1.5 seconds slower to 60 mph than the M3. Do the math, it's a no brainer but anything can happen on the street. Drive safely and please excuse Kevin it's his time of the month...

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 10:24:31 PM
Nice run Gus but in all honesty you can't beat a well driven M3...not even an SMG convertible. If you're ever near Jacksonville, look me up and I'll show how you stand versus a well driven M3 coupe. I run 13.0 at 107mph in a bone stock 2003 M3...to my knowledge there is no Caddy in the ball park with the possible exception of the CTS-V which I have driven. As soon as they fix the wheel hop issue it might be a contender. I'm guessing your car is a mid to high 14 sec. car at best and is a good 1.5 seconds slower to 60 mph than the M3. Do the math, it's a no brainer but anything can happen on the street. Drive safely and please excuse Kevin it's his time of the month...
"please excuse Kevin it's his time of the month..."

BOOGA! BOOGA! :crazy:

Thrill
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 10:25:54 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

Kevin034
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 10:30:14 PM
Ignorance is bliss.
BOOGA! BOOGA! :crazy:

WyattH
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 11:14:10 PM
Maybe it was an automatic E36... He never said E46, did he?

WyattH
Fri, Aug-27-2004, 11:14:53 PM
Nevermind, he said 2003. Beats me.

cruzajc1
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 01:10:59 AM
Kevin,

I haven't been cursed at today, please provide the honor.

Gus

DoctorBentValve
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 05:16:32 AM
You know, this is a place for M3 enthusiasts. If you want to sit around a campfire with a bunch of cadillac captains and share your delusions of grandour go right ahead. Two things:
1) Next time let the m3 driver know that you're racing
2) Let me know when you're passing through eastern north carolina with that bucket of detroit bolts and I'll blow the bullhorns off your hood Boss Hog

Kevin034
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 05:58:29 AM
Kevin,

Gus
fuk you.

Hope you enjoyed that. I did. :thumbsup:

cruzajc1
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 02:18:30 PM
If you read the entire post you would know the M3 driver knew it was a race. Thanks for the insult Kevin.

Gus

WizeGi///M3
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 02:39:25 PM

Not Dirty Jersey. Beantown :thumbsup:

Idz21
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 03:43:37 PM
If you read the entire post you would know the M3 driver knew it was a race. Thanks for the insult Kevin.

Gus

anyone can beat a 325 with the M badge on it :roll:

derryck
Sun, Aug-29-2004, 10:01:03 PM
Kevin,

Please stop antagonizing him, he's bad enough without any undue provocation. Nice to see you don't take him too seriously though...

Kevin034
Mon, Aug-30-2004, 12:28:32 AM
:D .

cruzajc1
Thu, Sep-02-2004, 01:48:28 PM
Just wanted to get back at you some.

Kevin034
Thu, Sep-02-2004, 03:12:11 PM
Just wanted to get back at you some.
Good job. :thumbsup: