Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Encountered 4 Gravel Trucks on the Way to Work!

daapower
Mon, Aug-23-2004, 04:55:03 PM
Well, it hasn't been a good start of the day at all. I woke up late and thus had to speed to get to work, and on the way I encountered 4 gravel trucks that made like a hundred tiny tiny chips on my front end. I jus #*$(*$ zaino'd the **** yesterday!

I did a search on repairing rock chips and most of the threads referred to touch-up paint and clear bras. Now my question is, am I able to buff it out with polish? I read that if you are able to feel the chip, then you have to use paint, but these chips are very small.

Grimm333
Fri, Sep-10-2004, 03:21:52 AM
had the same prob a few months ago...my front bumper looks like ****!!! i am seriously thinking about just making an insurance claim, pay the deductible and get the hood/fenders/bumper resprayed....

anyone else have a better solution???

Stockton
Fri, Sep-10-2004, 05:09:18 AM
daaapower, I have heard that in SOME states, vehicles are RESPONSIBLE for damage their payloads/items falling off their vehicles do to other cars. You might want to call your state DOT and see if that's the case. If so, I hope you got their plate #s!

M3IZZY
Sat, Sep-11-2004, 04:00:55 AM
Every time I see one, I haul ass by them. I got 2 rock chips on my left front quarter panel. I'm having it re-painted on Monday. It's gonna run like $350 or $400 bucks plus rent-a-car.