Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Washing

DaBean
Sun, Aug-22-2004, 02:11:23 AM
Hey,
As I live in an appt building (my car is parked in a closed public garage - rest in peace ;)) I do not have a driveway to wash my car in.
How do you recommend that I wash my car? I would rather not take it to regular car washes as.. well... they really fuk up the paint with scratches... as you know!!

Thanks for any advice!

NunSuperior
Sun, Aug-22-2004, 08:32:00 PM
See if you can find a do-it-youself type car wash. The kind with the spray hoses and those washing bays.

SpecialK
Sun, Aug-22-2004, 08:50:05 PM
You're right. Any drive through car wash regardless of how touchless or gauranteed soft clothed they say they are . . . baaaad! Wheels get damaged from the tracks due to their width along with other things like reused water (carrying dirt) used to clean your beauty. Find a hose vice a pressure washer (akin to sand blasting) and use micro fiber washing and drying materials. Does your complex have an area to do this? Usually somewhere around the pool if you have one.Hey,
As I live in an appt building (my car is parked in a closed public garage - rest in peace ;)) I do not have a driveway to wash my car in.
How do you recommend that I wash my car? I would rather not take it to regular car washes as.. well... they really fuk up the paint with scratches... as you know!!

Thanks for any advice!

DaBean
Mon, Aug-23-2004, 12:40:16 AM
You're right. Any drive through car wash regardless of how touchless or gauranteed soft clothed they say they are . . . baaaad! Wheels get damaged from the tracks due to their width along with other things like reused water (carrying dirt) used to clean your beauty. Find a hose vice a pressure washer (akin to sand blasting) and use micro fiber washing and drying materials. Does your complex have an area to do this? Usually somewhere around the pool if you have one.

Yea, I figured even the touch free would be bad. Unfortunately, there is no real complex to do this... it's a downtown building, so there's just the appt building, with a small garage building next door... (I wish there were a pool ;))... I'll just have to try to find one of those do-it-yourself washes, like Nun said.. I just don't know where there are any, I haven't run into them yet...