Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Regular Orlando area meetings?

HDClown
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 03:30:53 PM
New owner here. I know there was just a huge meeting in Orlando on Sat but I was down in Ft. Lauderdale for a wedding. Are there regular meetings in Orlando? Weekly? Monthly? other? Are they all big turnout like this one on Saturday or was that more of a coordinated effort with a lot of out of state people? Someone give me the low down please.

DarrenE46
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 04:31:47 PM
Welcome, too bad you couldn't have been at the meet. Myself, Frank, and Gary are aggressively organizing the Central FL BMW Assoc. There are usually weekly Orlando Forums meets (mostly ****), I would be down with organizing a group to attend these meets and all the BMW's could have their meet at the same facility, but all park together away from the ricers. These meets are on Wednesday nights at the corner of 17-92 & 436. Aside from these weekly events, we are planning a camping trip in Oct and the Winter Park Concours is in Oct as well. Keep reading the forums to keep abreast of whats going on.

HDClown
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 05:49:48 PM
Welcome, too bad you couldn't have been at the meet. Myself, Frank, and Gary are aggressively organizing the Central FL BMW Assoc. There are usually weekly Orlando Forums meets (mostly ****), I would be down with organizing a group to attend these meets and all the BMW's could have their meet at the same facility, but all park together away from the ricers. These meets are on Wednesday nights at the corner of 17-92 & 436. Aside from these weekly events, we are planning a camping trip in Oct and the Winter Park Concours is in Oct as well. Keep reading the forums to keep abreast of whats going on.

I've seen some pictures of the Orlando Forums meets and have browsed those forums. Not really the type of car dudes I'm looking to hang with in general, but I could be down for going over with a group of other BMW drivers perhaps. 17-92/436 is about 5 minutes from me.

What's the demographic of the Central FL BMW Assoc.? I'm active in the Audi Club which is generally a mix of 20-40yr old guys who like to hang out, drink bear, eat wings, and talk cars. Really great group of guys. But now that I have an M, wanted to check out the BMW scene and see what goes on.

DarrenE46
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 06:27:53 PM
Pretty much the same demo, younger professionals who love to drive their BMW's. I'd say the range w/in your Audi group is very close the the range of our membership.

Alot of the OF members have cars that in my opinion are distastefull. However, we could all arrive together and park together in a different area and just watch them make fools of themselves.

M34U2NV
Fri, Aug-13-2004, 10:32:47 PM
We will keep you updated on what we are doing with the group, and hope you can be one of the core members of it. I'm sure you have seen our little yahoo group, but in case you havent:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Centralfloridabmwassociation/

If you would like to get together with gary, darren and myself to talk about bringing more members to the group, or perhaps trying to get us all together a little more frequently, just say so, and we'll meet up.

-Frank

OldSkoolBeat
Fri, Aug-20-2004, 01:26:15 AM
These guys are cool as hell and very friendly. I feel like crap cuz I havent been able to go to the meets. a meet soon would be good so nothing decides to mess up my schedule, frank knows what im talking about.