Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : thinking about going zaino

YseanY
Mon, Jul-19-2004, 07:59:21 PM
i have a carbon black, and i wash my car w/ meguiers gold classic using a microfiber mit and dry it w/ a chamois. and i cleanse and wax with pinnacle (the wax is for the black car one) but w/ these products, the wax doesnt last as long cuz its the natural wax. so im thinking abot going w/ zaino. however, i read on these forums that zaino doesnt cover up swirl marks (which i have already :banghead: ) is that true? if so, what should i use/do to cover up the swirl marks before zaino applications?

and what products do i need from zaino? is this what i should get? ZFX, Z-2, Z-5, Z-6 all i need?

also, ive did some reading on how to apply/layer zaino but was wondering if there are any other tricks or advice u guys have?

thanx

CELICA414
Tue, Jul-20-2004, 03:20:23 AM
I believe Zaino make a swirl remover product. It's the Z5, I think. Have you checked their website www.zainobros.com

Beowoulf
Wed, Jul-21-2004, 06:55:58 AM
i have a carbon black, and i wash my car w/ meguiers gold classic using a microfiber mit and dry it w/ a chamois. and i cleanse and wax with pinnacle (the wax is for the black car one) but w/ these products, the wax doesnt last as long cuz its the natural wax. so im thinking abot going w/ zaino. however, i read on these forums that zaino doesnt cover up swirl marks (which i have already :banghead: ) is that true? if so, what should i use/do to cover up the swirl marks before zaino applications?

and what products do i need from zaino? is this what i should get? ZFX, Z-2, Z-5, Z-6 all i need?

also, ive did some reading on how to apply/layer zaino but was wondering if there are any other tricks or advice u guys have?

thanx

If you are going to use zaino then read the thread I've pinned at the top of this page.

None of the zaino produts will remove swirl marks. You have to apply a swirl mark remover, 3M SMR is good and widely available but you will need a random orbital buffer to do a good job.

You may want to look at blackfire and klasse for a black car, they give a deeper shine and are similar to zaino.

Register at www.autopia.org and learn about detailing your car before you actually do it.