Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Okay, Virgina folks, speak up

Sirius
Mon, Jul-19-2004, 03:38:50 AM
How many are there? And where are you at?

For me, in the heart of Fairfax.

wushu_civic
Tue, Jul-20-2004, 09:37:02 AM
falls church/ annandale area.

Sirius
Tue, Jul-20-2004, 11:19:27 AM
Down 236? .....

wushu_civic
Wed, Jul-21-2004, 05:55:50 AM
near loehmann's plaza around annandale rd.

vrsixer
Thu, Jul-22-2004, 04:41:28 PM
What up! Arlington baby! Ballston, right next to IHOP.

Antwerp
Thu, Jul-22-2004, 09:06:50 PM
Southeast...POW!

Sirius
Fri, Jul-23-2004, 02:32:55 AM
Southeast...POW!

:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair:

Alexaqui
Sat, Jul-24-2004, 05:24:45 AM
I'm moving to Charlottesville in 3 weeks...

Any M's out there? (I spent 2 days there this week and didn't see a single one)

Charlie3
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 01:25:12 AM
I'm moving to Charlottesville in 3 weeks...

Any M's out there? (I spent 2 days there this week and didn't see a single one)

Bought my 04 M3 from Charlottesville BMW...Ck with new car manager...
Bunch of them there...!

MightyM
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 03:08:06 AM
McLean/Tysons Corner. Three minutes from Tysons Galleria. :thumbsup:

I bought my mystic blue M3 from BMW of Fairfax.

Sirius
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 11:22:29 AM

:thumbsup:

I work there. ;)

zivilyn861
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 01:45:31 PM

I work in Tysons too, a minute or so from the Galleria. I live in Sterling, though, and will be ordering my 05 M3 in a month or so. :)

MightyM
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 11:23:08 PM
Nice! Which dept? I got my M3 from James Sabo and John Gwinup. Cool guys.

:thumbsup:

I work there. ;)

MightyM
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 11:26:13 PM
Yeah I wish I work in Tysons. Too bad I gotta pack it in every morning on the orange line for downtown DC.

Congrats on getting your M3. You'll wonder why you didn't get one earlier! :chair:

I work in Tysons too, a minute or so from the Galleria. I live in Sterling, though, and will be ordering my 05 M3 in a month or so. :)

Sirius
Tue, Aug-03-2004, 11:56:58 PM
Nice! Which dept? I got my M3 from James Sabo and John Gwinup. Cool guys.

I work at the body shop. If you see me, something bad has probably happend to your car. ;)

Turbologist
Wed, Aug-04-2004, 12:36:51 PM
Representin' Southside Burke here... :gun:

SMOK3
Thu, Aug-05-2004, 06:37:21 PM
Kingstowne, NoVa... Hey Sirius... I go to Fairfax all the time. Isn't there a female there with a M3 Coupe, Titan Silver?

Alexaqui
Sun, Aug-08-2004, 06:34:37 PM
Bought my 04 M3 from Charlottesville BMW...Ck with new car manager...
Bunch of them there...!

Cool! I'll be officially moving this coming Friday. I spent a couple days down there this week doing some initial move-in and still no M3's. Looks like some nice driving roads in the area, but looks to be heavily patrolled (VA always seems crazy with the speed traps...)

Sirius
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 09:42:23 PM
Kingstowne, NoVa... Hey Sirius... I go to Fairfax all the time. Isn't there a female there with a M3 Coupe, Titan Silver?

Yep. Thats Frankie. Shes really cool.

You should stop by the body shop some time and say hey.

Sirius
Mon, Aug-09-2004, 09:42:56 PM
Cool! I'll be officially moving this coming Friday. I spent a couple days down there this week doing some initial move-in and still no M3's. Looks like some nice driving roads in the area, but looks to be heavily patrolled (VA always seems crazy with the speed traps...)

VA is ghey with all their laws. Plain and simple.

Alexaqui
Wed, Aug-11-2004, 03:49:11 PM
VA is ghey with all their laws. Plain and simple.

Yes.. it seems that way. The roads are very nice and in good condition compared to NY though. I looked into the silly 'property tax' and I'm going to keep my car registered in Ny at my permanent home. Pretty silly to have to pay over 1k a year in taxes to own a car that already had sales tax on it....

SMOK3
Wed, Aug-18-2004, 01:07:11 PM
Yep. Thats Frankie. Shes really cool.

You should stop by the body shop some time and say hey.

Yeah I will. Actually maybe this week... my engine light is on. I think it may be the O2 sensor... :banghead:

Thunberg
Thu, Sep-02-2004, 04:33:55 PM
I just moved to Charlottesville for school last friday and I absolutely love it down here. I haven't seen one cop, people absolutely fly on the highways, insurance is a lot cheaper, and the back roads are awesome. Plus, BMW of Charlottesville seems pretty standup, and they've got a Porsche dealer right next to them with a few gt3's :D

I'm comparing all this to Rhode Island where the roads tend to be pretty crap with cops everywhere. The only negative thing I've found is the legality of radar detectors down here. What does everyone do? I'm planning on leaving mine (hardwired v1 tucked nicely up by the top of the windshield) in.

bee0818
Thu, Sep-02-2004, 05:02:24 PM
I'm in Washington, but one day, I will go to VA!

Kevin034
Thu, Sep-02-2004, 05:22:58 PM
Is it true that people have sex with their family members in west VA?

vrsixer
Tue, Sep-07-2004, 03:14:58 AM
What you hear is all true... :whistle:

JReaney
Fri, Sep-10-2004, 01:24:44 PM
Whats up, living in Alex/Kingstowne VA, bought mine from Fairfax BMW (salesman was Jude, seemed like a nice guy). 2002 Tit Silver conv, SMG.

Turbologist
Fri, Sep-10-2004, 01:44:34 PM
Whats up, living in Alex/Kingstowne VA, bought mine from Fairfax BMW (salesman was Jude, seemed like a nice guy). 2002 Tit Silver conv, SMG.

Come out to the meets... there is a big one the first friday of every month behind Tower Records in the parking garage...

PM me if you want more info or wanna meet up there... :beer:

scuzzy
Mon, Sep-13-2004, 10:21:01 PM
I just moved to Charlottesville for school last friday and I absolutely love it down here. I haven't seen one cop, people absolutely fly on the highways, insurance is a lot cheaper, and the back roads are awesome. Plus, BMW of Charlottesville seems pretty standup, and they've got a Porsche dealer right next to them with a few gt3's :D

I'm comparing all this to Rhode Island where the roads tend to be pretty crap with cops everywhere. The only negative thing I've found is the legality of radar detectors down here. What does everyone do? I'm planning on leaving mine (hardwired v1 tucked nicely up by the top of the windshield) in.

Hmmm... I hope you're not talking about route 29, cause that road is very heavily patrolled....

anyways, I propose that Maryland be moved down into the "southern" states since southern MD and northern VA are pretty much the same place.

What are ya'lls favorite roads to drive? Personally, I think that if all the traffic were to magically leave georgetown pike, that would be a perfect road.

Gherty_65
Sun, Sep-19-2004, 06:30:43 AM
Sterling. Down where NOVA and Costco and Dullus town center is at. Those new houses, yep thats us. Bought my honda from Fairfax Honda haha. Bought my toy
3 series from ebay :)

Sirius
Sun, Sep-19-2004, 06:47:43 AM
Hmmm... I hope you're not talking about route 29, cause that road is very heavily patrolled....

anyways, I propose that Maryland be moved down into the "southern" states since southern MD and northern VA are pretty much the same place.

What are ya'lls favorite roads to drive? Personally, I think that if all the traffic were to magically leave georgetown pike, that would be a perfect road.

The fairfax county parkway is fun late at night. Rt 66 is fun way out past the truck scales, 95 is fun too... mostly all late at night with noone on them..