Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : Microfibres for...

dskippy888
Fri, Jul-16-2004, 07:49:17 AM
Can you use microfibres to wax (i.e. wiping the wax off after you've spread it all over the paint with applicator)? Or do they not work as well as regular cotton terry cloths?

M3IZZY
Fri, Jul-16-2004, 08:01:46 AM
Yep. I think they are better unless ur talkin' about the super expensive terry's. Just make sure to get the Korean one's, not Chinese.

Go here: http://www.pakshak.com/ or here: http://www.properautocare.com/micprod1.html for them.

dskippy888
Fri, Jul-16-2004, 08:16:14 AM
I am talking bout those blue Simoniz microfibres.
I have been taking the M3 to the touchless machine wash all this time. Up til now, I haven't got the courage to do it myself, so I wanna get it right. haha.

Here's the plan: BMW OEM Wash, buckets, cotton mitt, dry with chamois and micro, apply meguire's canurba, buff off the wax with another micro, OEM BMW rim cleaner, Amorall Tire Dressing.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Antz_Marchin
Thu, Jul-22-2004, 05:23:58 AM
I am talking bout those blue Simoniz microfibres.
I have been taking the M3 to the touchless machine wash all this time. Up til now, I haven't got the courage to do it myself, so I wanna get it right. haha.

Here's the plan: BMW OEM Wash, buckets, cotton mitt, dry with chamois and micro, apply meguire's canurba, buff off the wax with another micro, OEM BMW rim cleaner, Amorall Tire Dressing.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Hey man, cool to see someone from TO on here..I'm in St Catharines...here's what I do to my E36, I highly recommend it:

#1 please never take that sweet sweet machine through ANY machine wash....please it hurts me.
#2 no need for OEM wash, I use Dawn dish soap when I want to strip wax, then Mothers california gold in case I missed anything (or the Mothers on it's own if I don't want to strip the wax off) Both with a white Simoniz MICROFIBRE mitt.....$11 at CanTire
#3 Dry with soft chamois and/or micro
#4 I use Eagle One Nanotech wax which comes with a nice free micro buffing cloth right now, but if you like the Meguires carnuba, I'm sure it's good too. yes Buff wax with microfibre absolutely
#5 Rim cleaner I just use my mothers soap and a mildly abrasive sponge and then polish with Eagle One rim/chrome/aluminum polish
#6 Tires I use another Eagle One product, which I forget the name of but they have a couple great tire products. Another one that I use for the rub strips on my car and doubles great for tires if Mothers Preserves in a spray bottle.

Microfibre is amazing....CanTire also has a pack of 3 micro cloths that I picked up last week for $12 I think. 1 for wax buffing, 1 for glass, and one for dusting. They are great. Have fun.

squider
Sat, Jul-24-2004, 02:58:16 AM
Absolutely use microfibre cloths to buff your car. Done it twice now to mine using microfibre cloths and can proudly say that I do not have one swirl mark in the clear coat. Works like a charm.

Z rated
Sun, Jul-25-2004, 07:05:31 AM
u can use microfibre to replace just about anythign you would touch your car with, its the least abrasive towel u could use. If u want u could even use it instead of a sponge. Wont hold the suds as well, but if youre real anal go for it

dskippy888
Mon, Jul-26-2004, 02:01:50 AM
is Microfibre better? or Natural Chamois?

STALKER
Mon, Jul-26-2004, 02:51:33 AM
I use the micro fiber in the interior too, great fore detailing the leather since they pick up more dirt. I use a synthetic chamois to dry. Dskippy888, you dont have to get OEM washing products, they are generally the same as things you would get at Canadian tire but more $$$.
I will actually be doing a full Zaino detail this Sat, so Im getting all my gear ready. Gonna be a long day.