Web www.M3Forum.net

View Full Version : New member and an interesting story.

Atticus
Mon, Nov-05-2001, 06:39:00 PM
Hello everyone. I just stumbled upon the site and decided to register. I consider myself a very fortunate future owner of a 2002 M3. I recently (approx 1 mo. ago) ordered a loaded 2002 330ci w/ a 5spd. from an area dealer. The car was to be built the first week in Nov. and delivery would be 1st week in Dec.
Last week the salesperson faxed over the cost sheet which listed the specs, production number,...etc. To my dismay, my car was mistakenly being built with an automatic transmission, and it was too late to change the order. To compound matters, I have already sold my present car and am currently driving my old college car (1987 Suburban w/330,000 miles). My options: a) car as ordered at deep discount (no way!) b) re-order with delivery in mid-January (ugh!).
I had decided to cancel altogether and go buy an S4 when the salesman called back with an "exciting proposition." It seems as though a customer who happened to have a 2002 M3 arriving in mid-Dec. would not be able to accept delivery until March due to travel constraints. I was offered his car at what appears to be a great price, especially after a little pricing research, with only a 5-6 week wait.
As you can imagine, I'm a little excited right now. To go from expecting a 330 to having an M3 on the way is quite a jump. I really don't think the reality has set in yet. So tell me guys, is the extra 2 week wait going to be worth it?

Anxiously awaiting mid-Dec,
Atticus

rodneyr
Mon, Nov-05-2001, 08:10:00 PM
You should consider yourself very lucky. Many people are waiting 1 1/2 to 2 years to get a new M3 Coupe.

Vitz
Wed, Nov-07-2001, 11:08:00 PM
Guys,

First of all let me congratulate you for getting the latest E46 M3. It is worth the wait trust me. I had a bit of a situation myself beginning of this year (2001). I went to a BMW dealer(I'm in Australia by the way) to order a M3 but I was told that the delivery date for the M3 will be year 2002. Instead of wating for 14 months I decided to get the next best thing to M3, I bought a 330 Coupe and even that took about 6 months before I got my hands on it. Finally after 6 months I took delivery of my Black 330CI. I really enjoy it a lot but a week later after, I received a call from Paul (my salesman) asking me if I'm still interested in the M3 apparently a customer cancceled his order and there is one available in 3 weeks time. I wasn't thinking of getting the M3 until I went in to the dealer to see what the big fuss is all about the new M3. Paul showed me one of the E46 M3 which was wating for the new owner to pick it up that afternoon (lucky bastard). I told him then and there that I want one too provided they give me a good trade in for the 330CI since it is only a month old and have only done 2000km's. I signed my life away and in about 3 weeks later, I'm a proud owner of a Phoneix Gold with Black Leather Interior + fully optioned BMW E46 M3. Words cannot describe the feelings I have when I pick the M3 up and until today (4 months later) I still look at my M3 like we have just met. Touching story but it's true.

Vitz

Roadrunner
Thu, Nov-08-2001, 02:46:00 AM
congrats! some people have all the luck. enjoy it!

mw360
Mon, Nov-12-2001, 01:09:00 AM
Atticus,
Traded in a '00 S4 for the E46.The S4 is a really nice car but doesn't compare with the M3 performance wise.Of course all wheel drive is nice but you made a great decision. Enjoy!
P.S. I don't know why everyone is so anxious to take delivery since anticipation is so exciting.

------------------